• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does this mean the shields with the coat of arms are replaceable too? I have zero 3d skills as of yet, but this might just spur me..
Eventually, yes. But at this time only simple models without 'bones' or animations can be converted. And shield objects would be probably have bones to attach to things. (I haven't examined those in detail yet)

Eventually, yes. But at this time only simple models without 'bones' or animations can be converted. And shield objects would be probably have bones to attach to things. (I haven't examined those in detail yet)

For the After the End mod, one idea I wanted to do, and still sort of do, was for our "Rust Cult" religion. The idea was to make their "shield" frame gear shaped. Nothing fancy; just a metal coloured gear shape.

If you figure out how to change shield frame, let us know and maybe we can experiment together. A gear shape is fairly simplistic, so it make a good starting goal to shoot for. That's just a suggestion of course, do whatever you have to do to get things working for everyone and we'll be there when you're ready.

bntNGld.jpg

:F

This is just great.

Be sure to let us know once you do examine those. The anachronistic look of the basic escutcheons is something I would like to see changed. :)

bntNGld.jpg

:F

This is just great.
Brilliant.
Finally i can play taw with moons, and use them to crush my enemies armies. I never knew, but this is what I have been waiting for all my life!
Btw this would work great with a Death Star XD

Epic work! I have some "T-shaped army chit" (I'm sure there's an actual name for those) models somewhere - those should work well as generic markers for any setting... Finally I can try to get them into the game :)

I have a problem, where the .mesh file is never made. The cog spins for hours.

Are there conditions on the .dae being convertible?

The cog spinning forever is a sign that there was an internal bug that stopped the process.
At the moment most Collada files should load, but since this is still a very fresh app which has not been tested broadly, there will probably be bugs/unforseen combinations.

Simplifying your model (just one merged mesh, no animations, no bones/skeleton) might fix it.

Also, if you send me the scene in question, I could take a look at what might be going wrong. (post as zip or email me at daan.broekhof <at > gmail.com if you don't want to share publicly)

The cog spinning forever is a sign that there was an internal bug that stopped the process.
At the moment most Collada files should load, but since this is still a very fresh app which has not been tested broadly, there will probably be bugs/unforseen combinations.

Simplifying your model (just one merged mesh, no animations, no bones/skeleton) might fix it.

Also, if you send me the scene in question, I could take a look at what might be going wrong. (post as zip or email me at daan.broekhof <at > gmail.com if you don't want to share publicly)

I'm so glad that you've put this together. Now this means I can experiment with custom Cuman models, or introduce Counter for those of us with crappy computers.

Have you tested to see if it possible to make custom Shield icons for Map COA frames?

Have you tested to see if it possible to make custom Shield icons for Map COA frames?

That would be moddable I think yes. But it would require some extra work.

A current model is defined in gfx/models/Shields/count_shield.xac

Which is configured in interface/mapitems.gfx:
Code:
EMFXActorType = {
		name = "westerngfx_count_shield"
		actorfile = "gfx\models\Shields\count_shield.xac"
		scale = 0.5f
		use_animation = no
	}

That can be replaced with:
Code:
pdxmesh = {
		name = "westerngfx_count_shield"
		file = "gfx\models\Shields\count_shield.mesh"
		scale = 0.5f
		use_animation = no
	}

Where the .mesh is the location of a .mesh file created by the tool.

That would get you a new frame, but it would not have the flag of the nation in it.
To do that the modeller would have to define a separate part in the model with a specific shader: 'PdxMeshTextureAtlas' (which is a shader that I believe paints the flag over something)

That last bit is not something that I have added support for yet. And it will require some testing to get the configuration of the mesh with that specific shader correct.

So, any news on the above? Also, the example mod is crashing for me.

If by the above you mean the custom shields - it would be possible with the last version of the tool. I have added support for configuring the 'shaders' for models in the last version. :)
I have successfully tested this in EU4 (cars with flags-on-em : http://i.imgur.com/ybOOQP1.jpg), but I still need to test this in CK2. I test less with CK2 since I am primarily working on an EU4 mod.

Will also have a look at the CK2 example mod this weekend (maybe add a demo custom shield too) - it was working for me in the past but there might an issue.

If people have specific problems / questions on how to do specific things I am always willing to answer em as best as I can. :)

This is amazing.