• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is indeed possible that a currently unrepresented time period is the focus of one of these two games. The best bets would be, in no particular order:

Roman Empire era
Dark Ages era
Cold War era

I can't see Paradox skipping these options to go with the Ancient era, or the Modern Post-Cold-War era.

It could be also in classical or even archaic greece.

Also, I understand the desire for Dark Ages, but if the game is more focused on the characters it's not really a good choice of era, because many people remain unknown or legendary, while others are not. It's not a good mix. Or it has to be a lot more like an RPG (or some of the fanatsy mods for CK2) with quests and all.
It seems to me that Antiquity is more adapted to the focus on characters as seen in CK2, and not only in Rome or in Greece but also in China, in Japan, or even in India (this area deserve its own game by the way. There are plenty of games about China and Japan but nothing about India...).

Logically, Victoria 3 should be the next game. We "just" had a new Crusader Kings and a new Europa Universalis - the new Heart of Iron is coming soon. Now we just need a new Victoria and two new converters - and then I can finally make a CK2->EU4->V3->HoI4 mega-campaign. :D
Not only you make mega-campaign, i have 3 ideas for GREAT mega-campaign. 90% that game in production is VICTORIA 3!!!

Please no.. we have already forked over a ton of cash for CK2 DLCs... to make a whole new CK game, buggy, very little content, while leaving CK2 with all of its' potential, and its' entire modding community in the dust, would be the biggest epic fail ever. All CK2 mods would grind to a halt, and all the modders would announce that they are waiting for CK3 to remake the mods. Then we all go apeshit because we have to wait a VERY long time to see unfinished mods/updates to mods already released, not to mention the fact that we wasted all this money on DLC that has not even been out for a year yet. I am sure other negative reactions for negative reasons that I have yet to think of would spring up as well... do you want to all of this or any of this happen OP? I think not.. so let's not hex ourselves here.. let's be content with CK2 and all that we can do with it. We DO NOT NEED CK3 AT THIS TIME. :angry:

I go on Vacation and during that time it feels like this forum has turned into a Tabloid of some sort.
No CK3 is not in pre-production and you guys are stuck with me in CK2 for a long time longer.

*bows before the almighty Dev and vows to name firstborn son Groogy*

*bows before the almighty Dev and vows to name firstborn son Groogy*

That would be a weird name to give a child :huh:
Don't think anyone name their son "God"? Though there is "Tor" and "Freja" I guess.

Personally, I feel that Vicky 3, Rome 2 and Sengoku 2 are a bit higher priority than a new entry into a series when it's predecessor isn't even finished yet.

Does that mean the CK2->EU IV save game converter is to be supported for the long haul as both games add content?

...yes? Various expansions of EU4 and CK2 has added new features to the converter.

Paradox is definitely missing an ancient-world game, and I think nobody knows that better than themselves. I'm sure we have a Greece/Rome game on the way. Maybe one that manages to catch both the Greeks and the Romans in a single epic sweep!

...yes? Various expansions of EU4 and CK2 has added new features to the converter.

I'm just asking because DLCs are usually a "wham-bam-thank you ma'am" affair. The save game converter DLC however needs revisiting every time both CK2 and EU IV add new features.

That said, can we expect the converter to affect EU IV provincial Base Tax/Buildings/Manufactories based on CK2 data? It's quite jarring to have a prosperous CK2 kingdom transition into a victim ripe for the picking because previously well-developed CK2 holdings map to low basetax provinces in EU IV.

I go on Vacation and during that time it feels like this forum has turned into a Tabloid of some sort.
No CK3 is not in pre-production and you guys are stuck with me in CK2 for a long time longer.

That's fine. Perhaps we don't want you to leave *grabs ball and chain*. You will be with us........forever!

saltbatteries.jpg

Here you go, but no at most we have "Well this was bad in CK2, maybe we shouldn't do that next time"

So no more India or $200 of total microDLC? :D

I'm just asking because DLCs are usually a "wham-bam-thank you ma'am" affair. The save game converter DLC however needs revisiting every time both CK2 and EU IV add new features.

That said, can we expect the converter to affect EU IV provincial Base Tax/Buildings/Manufactories based on CK2 data? It's quite jarring to have a prosperous CK2 kingdom transition into a victim ripe for the picking because previously well-developed CK2 holdings map to low basetax provinces in EU IV.

I know it irritates me, but I haven't come up with a balanced solution I'm happy with. So for now it goes with EU4's base tax. Because that is good enough while my experiments haven't been perfect.

Is there anything you can tell us about any future ideas for CKII that have been floating around the office please?

Or at least, is a DLC in production?

Is there anything you can tell us about any future ideas for CKII that have been floating around the office please?

Or at least, is a DLC in production?

Well one idea is to expand on Sunset Invasion and have the Inca's invade India.

Well one idea is to expand on Sunset Invasion and have the Inca's invade India.

Wouldn't they reach Indonesia, Australia, or China first?

I mean I hope that the new religions from El Dorado are imported.