• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I go on Vacation and during that time it feels like this forum has turned into a Tabloid of some sort.
No CK3 is not in pre-production and you guys are stuck with me in CK2 for a long time longer.

Anything Groogy says must be taken with a grain of salt....:happy:

saltbatteries.jpg

Here you go, but no at most we have "Well this was bad in CK2, maybe we shouldn't do that next time"

You just confirmed no India in ck3 in the minds of half the forum.

Of course there won't be any India in the next installment of CK.

I know how to solve this :D
Crusader Kings III will take place in North America where you fight against the invading Vikings!

*bows before the almighty Dev and vows to name firstborn son Groogy*

That would be a weird name to give a child :huh:
Don't think anyone name their son "God"? Though there is "Tor" and "Freja" I guess.

Does that mean the CK2->EU IV save game converter is to be supported for the long haul as both games add content?

...yes? Various expansions of EU4 and CK2 has added new features to the converter.

I'm just asking because DLCs are usually a "wham-bam-thank you ma'am" affair. The save game converter DLC however needs revisiting every time both CK2 and EU IV add new features.

That said, can we expect the converter to affect EU IV provincial Base Tax/Buildings/Manufactories based on CK2 data? It's quite jarring to have a prosperous CK2 kingdom transition into a victim ripe for the picking because previously well-developed CK2 holdings map to low basetax provinces in EU IV.

I know it irritates me, but I haven't come up with a balanced solution I'm happy with. So for now it goes with EU4's base tax. Because that is good enough while my experiments haven't been perfect.

Is there anything you can tell us about any future ideas for CKII that have been floating around the office please?

Or at least, is a DLC in production?

Well one idea is to expand on Sunset Invasion and have the Inca's invade India.