• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally after I thought I successfully completed Sunset Invasion earlier this week only to discover that Amsterdam is Holland not Antwerpen (sorry for my shameful geography), and a second failed attempt where I got a peasant's war during westernization, I finally tried and successfully completed Sunset Invasion.

Mega France was tough to fight. Took some serious mettle........and lots of warm bodies.
JCgVJES.png

You make me want to try Aztec next haha

My Sardinia-Piedmont game, shortly after integrating my PU junior Castile. Aragon, Cologne, Brittany and the OPM Nevers enclave are my vassals.

4E9721D03A0800465AA82BA2CF07912AC782E05B

I'm running a minor mod here which gives Sardinia-Piedmont the Italian national ideas, mostly because I didn't want to replace that lovely blue with the murky green of Italy! Otherwise, things are as in vanilla 1.7.3.

This has been an interesting game. Castile turned down the Iberian Wedding, and Aragon went on to integrate Naples and take a chunk out of Castile. My own gameplan involved rapid expansion into Italy to build up a power base to hold off France, while taking as little HRE land as possible (obviously, I failed this particular goal...). I took Provence and Avignon early when the opportunity presented itself, but this turned out to be a mistake, antagonising France who declared war soon after. I managed to get away with ceding only Avignon, but the war massively slowed down my Italian ambitions.

I didn't form Sardinia-Piedmont until 1596, since Sardinia had gained independence and allied themselves to France very early in the game. Espionage ideas - which I'd taken for the hell of it since I hadn't actually tried them before - turned out to be very helpful, as sabotaging France's reputation led to the Sardinia alliance being broken!

In 1649, a succession war broke out between France and myself over Castile.

7F5F0AB9459FD78915FCF489657F5ABAD2DDB7C7

This was a tough fight. I had Bosnia, Brittany and Bavaria on my side, but they had France, Castile and Scandinavia. Both sides were being driven into the dirt, but England and Austria both declared war on France after a few years and this gave me the edge I needed to pull off the victory, forming the tongue-twisting nation of Sardinia-Piedmont-Castile. I like to think people would just call it the SPC...

Castile were hostile for most of the following years, although they did get vassal attitude briefly when I returned their cores from Aragon. Nevertheless, they never did declare an independence war and eventually I was able to start annexing them. Needless to say this took a long time, what with 180 base tax to integrate, but it made it all the way through. I've since won a war against the French-Polish alliance with relatively little difficulty, so I'll probably be leaving this game here (though if the save somehow works in Art of War, I'd quite like to make the Germanic lands into a client state).

It's been a lot of fun and I love the many little quirks of this campaign, like diplo-vassalising Nevers just to piss off France, the fact that Byzantium and Morea rose up in Greece of their own accord, nations like Crete and The Knights being independent, Bosnia's sheer will to survive and nice borders, the strong Gelre and the massive Egypt. Even that awkward Aragonese province in Italy that took 70 years to finally remove <3

What the hell happened with Poland and the Ottomans?

Sooooo many cannons lol. Only 40 of those get to do anything in that fight ^_^.

20 actually as that was in mountains with a river crossing penalty. I literally facepalmed 10 times over the course of that battle. The battle lasted so long that I trained an entire army of 80000 in NA and shipped it to Spain to fight.

Sooooooooooooooooooo historical amirite?

20 actually as that was in mountains with a river crossing penalty. I literally facepalmed 10 times over the course of that battle. The battle lasted so long that I trained an entire army of 80000 in NA and shipped it to Spain to fight.

Sooooooooooooooooooo historical amirite?

About as historical as France cowering over entering its own former provinces due to giant forts causing it to gum up its pathing and hand me freebies in the 100's of regiments ^_^.

I thought about fighting them in the mountains, but as I had #'s lead I decided against it and just over-stacked + reinforced any time they actually engaged, but I stacked military ideas even sooner lol.

I present you someone, who isn't seen often here: Annam! For my last game pre AoW I wanted to do a shorter game so I choose one of the later startdates and one of the nations, that don't appear normally in a 1444 game. Also: It has this awesome shade of red.

vMIQGp3.jpg

The religious view. Annam starts with two of three provinces Hindu and OPM Hindu Champa in the south is easily added to this, which makes changing the religion to Hindu (via Rebels) and from there to Sikh (religion menu) easy. And if you don't have the DLC that gives the Hindus their patron gods, Sikhism is one of the most awesome religions in Asia. +5% Army Moral and -5% Mil-Tech-Cost, a decision that gives a +3% Missionary Strength for easy conversion, after you first convert also 10% Missionary Strength against heretics, so all your Hindu provinces change in months and additionally the Gurus give you a different Bonus every few years (some realy stron, like 10% Army Moral, or 2% Missionary Strength, or 5% Discipline AND +20% Religious Unity to name just some I can recall).

sijTSMi.jpg

I present you someone, who isn't seen often here: Annam! For my last game pre AoW I wanted to do a shorter game so I choose one of the later startdates and one of the nations, that don't appear normally in a 1444 game. Also: It has this awesome shade of red.

Very unique. I approve.

In ~1480 Austria began its expansion against France, and France lost all wars. (France its strong kingdom, usualy). So since this unhappy days i revoke ally with Austria. (Austria was converted to protestantism, first in my all ironman games.) And create ally with France. And have ally with weakened Hungary. So now France is one of the most power in Europe. Without France i can win wars only defensive actions and lost all manpower. My actual rivals is: The Hansa, Sweeden, Poland. Ukrane get freedom from my active in Lithuanian-Russian wars. And now Ukraine is my reliable ally in the east. They army take Istanbul in Turko-Hungarian wars. The Emperor eased only after several lengthy wars.

Shinto Asia
XhWYKbh.jpg

m0wbk0i.jpg

WW29Cnf.jpg

pmNFSs3.jpg

YpmLI75.jpg

Last edited:
gA3OnL1.jpg

My best Byzantium game to date, it's not ironman since all my games are with lucky nations off.

A little weak expansion into North western Italy since i went that extra mile in both North Africa and around the Black sea

Oh, and off course i didn't accept any non-believers

146iAxK.jpg

Attachments

• gA3OnL1.jpg
    gA3OnL1.jpg
    607,1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited: