• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finished my game as Candar. Random Lucky Nations, 1453 start. Note also the pieces in the Balkans and Moldawia.

TLORgkR.jpg

What really makes this game special, is the general political situation, that developed. For example Rare Nations. A tonn of them. Non of them my doing.

cuwZUpk.jpg

We have: Danzig, Krakow, Catalunya, Galicia, Sicilly, Sharjah and Khiva. Hornourable Mentions go to Fez (not rare, but really strong for most of the game) and Grenada (reemerging shortly before it's cores disappear).

Also interesting: Austria only from time to time emperor and at the end of the game on the cusp of extinction. No Ayutthaya left, the dominant force in Indochina is Lan Xang. Manchuria not only alive but the major power in Asia, stretching from its homelands, through most of China (with Zhou controlling a strip in the south), through the Himalayas into India and to the Persian Border. As an unreformed Horde. Not out of the ordinary in many games but in mine: France incredibly strong and eating into the HRE, killing it step by step.

Last edited:
So awesome! Do you have control over all those colonial nations?

Yes. The diplomatic map is in the bottom section of the post with the end screen.

So non-westernized Oirat can accomplish WC(CNs can be controlled by annexing them). Wow.
I wanna see 1500/1600/1700 map. How did you expand you realm?

I took a bunch of pics during it, so here's some with explanation about the overall strategy and some milestones, essentially a mini-AAR. Apologies to people if it still loads all the spoilered pictures, it's kinda long for this thread (25 pictures).

6C6E3326B3ECA0D1F5D049FEF89B2C14B6B675CF
1488: I day one declared on Tibet, got money from Manchu, and went straight to India, specifically, southern India as the only 2 major Hindu powers hate each other and no one likes Shia countries. It gets even better as Indian countries can't see you at start. If they don't know about your country, they can't join a coalition, thus I had 0 problems expanding really fast in India. However, you do want to try to pick off some of the northern countries once you're Hindu since that's where the manpower is in India.

Went Adm focus from the start and got a 4 Adm king after my 3 Adm starter king died 10 years in. I expanded only through vassals and put every point I could into ideas to reform ASAP in 1488 and became Hindu 4 years later. Since you start Buddhist, I reloaded the start until I got a theologian and took a province from Uzbok to get 5% missionary strength to carry over into my new religion. Every percent counts, especially for religions with few missionaries. If you're Hindu before reforming, you become Muslim tech for some reason instead of Indian so you couldn't become a protectorate. At this point, the only possessions you can't see that I didn't start with were Sibir and Kazakh as opm vassals.

F060062A57C5F6533628F758CB27B4CC1534A3C9
1508: Expanded in eastern India and I sold some base tax 1 provinces to Sibir/Kazakh to get my Buddhist province count down so I could convert. I'm still at dip tech 3 here. I think I was at dip tech 3 until the 1570s as I spent pretty much all my dip on annexations and exploration ideas.

ADA20D41B3254D7929D05F49619CB6C62CF1A35D
1527: After I integrated my vassals (you will lose them), I became a protectorate. My overlord was Tyrone, who was eaten by Munster, who was eaten by England. The protectorate is not just to avoid coalitions from fast conquest, it's so you can fabricate claims on everything for the -85% coring cost (3 Adm per BT) I was able to reach by 1550. I still did use vassals when I could since some countries are just nicely sized and dealing with rebels is a pain. Exploration ideas were not just for the protectorate. I tried to colonize all the expensive BT provinces in Asia so I would not have to core them later on.

9DA6A69CEC0E083CFD3BE83E557F6B27C537E13B
1598: The coalition that would've been against me. I had just beaten the Timurid Ottoman alliance (since they were also fighting Russia), taking a few provinces for a Persian vassal but mostly to force them to dissolve their partnership. I forced Ming to release Shun and Xi though I should've forced Zhou and Xi. Shun is powerful. I did it so I could avoid truce times due to alliances and so I could use more than one diplomat to forge claims. I know most people would go for Ming right away, but why integrate it at 15 dip per bt when you could annex at 3 adm per?

1A25489277C50F916C0D1A4F03ED224E1F5FD5A2

A403BEE31BA8BEFD2295E1A84F248ECD0CB7BE5F
1607: As Hindu, you don't really have a chance for lots of missionaries, but you can get one from owning Rome. I originally attacked the Papal State back in the mid 1500s. I annexed and released it, so the government was Hindu and the land still Catholic. I also forgot you can't sell provinces as a protectorate and had to cancel vassalization. Of course, you can't do that as a protectorate either so I gave it up in a peace deal. Finally, I decided just to cut a swath through the Mamluks to the Mediterranean so I could actually core it. When I got back there in the early 1600s, the province had been forced converted to Hinduism by rebels. Funnily enough, later when I annexed them, they reappeared from a theocracy in the HRE like they normally do, but they were still Hindu.

BA10DADB14D66C210069AA4F3122B3EDA6C968C1
1622: Right here is when it all comes together and it kicks into overdrive. I had just spent the Adm for the -10 years of nationalism. -Nationalism is amazing for direct coring because of how it scales. I had -15 years overall, but that doesn't mean that it still starts out at 15 RR and drops twice as fast, it's applied as if 15 years had already gone by so you only get 7.5 RR. I only had to deal with half the RR from nationalism and once places were converted, they were pretty much at a manageable RR level. After taking that idea, I had no more Adm ideas I wanted to get for the rest of the game. Thus every Adm point was only put into coring, stab, and occasionally tech. I also recently finished diplomatic ideas, lowering the cost of lowering WE to 50 dip. This set of ideas, NIs, religion, and being a protectorate allowed me to go into 'truce are just pieces of paper' mode. Stab cost was only 50 Adm even without an advisor and Dip was spent on lowering WE from truce breaks and the occasional vassal.

For the rest of the game, there were only 2 truce timers that reached completion on countries that I did not white peace out. Oman who was at that point a 2pm and didn't matter and the Ottomans when they were an 2pm and Kilwa was the Sunni DotF, who was allied with England, my overlord. That's it. I lived at -2 stab from 1622 until the 1730s, when I raised it to 0 for a while since I had so new people to attack (HRE) and needed some legitimacy for vassal integration, then back to -2 in the 1760s until 1810. I went from here to 100% cored WC (except for buggy Caribbean opm France) in 190 years. And that's with slowing down to be sure to fabricate on stuff after 1770 (when I had the best admin efficiency) since I had a 6 year regency and then a skill 1 Adm king.

DB5B21A8A927E1C17371AC195385D83FCAC7FB36
1664: After having finished off the giant Timurids (who became the Mughals shortly after the previous pic) and Japan, as well as integrating vassals and eating more Shun. I also moved my capital to Imereti on the Black Sea to shorten diplomat travel times.

DAF99EF2C560ADC2824042236659066E82B0037C
1676: I finished off Shun and Aceh/Makassar as well as vassalizing what was left of the Mamluks. My first attacks into European countries. There was the strange triangle alliance of Ottos/Algeria/Netherlands (and the Netherlands was the biggest I've ever seen it by far) and to the north, the Russian/French alliance. I initially did quick wars to break alliances with the western Euros and cut off Ottos/Russia's different continent holdings. Then I started to rotate wars between them (as truces didn't matter), coring one while I was fighting the other and creating several vassals.

26674CA2FAA3D8DF834CA98E0608A6241C52A5F8
1699: Due to cutting off other continent holdings and the first level of Admin Efficiency, I was able to grab a whole lot real fast. I also created a bunch of vassals from Russia/Ottos eastern European areas to try to push closer to the HRE since I only had 120 years left. I started to attack down Africa's east coast. Ethiopia was actually a great vassal opportunity, large with lots of provinces but mostly low BT so not worth the fabrication time. However, I was overflowing with Adm since the wars with Russia and Ottos would take a while and I had a good Adm king, so I ended coring it with only a few fabrications.

88606610CA38B1BCF1E6621B31D7B0AABB186073
1709: I made some attacks to isolate then chain wars with Poland and Lithuania to release as vassals since they both had Aristocratic. I kept attacking the Ottos and for Russia, I specifically made it a point to core their large but cheap provinces even though they weren't claims just to condense the area where my armies would have to fight and to shorten wars.

E0CBEF65897EE7472C2021F5A8DB013647ECA7E3
1713: This is why being a protectorate is so awesome. Also, more condensing Russia by returning provinces.

52F62A03492059E86B030E4FF2A4E3813E0EC446

10ECAD27C0DEAAD94AB8E2DDFC1B19EDC1C741DF
1724: Still fighting Russia/Ottos. Fought Spain, Portugal, Austria and Denmark one time through cascading alliances, but only beat up Denmark then white peaced. Got my first New World holdings when I had to annex then release Norway, who was in South America. I released them because I found out they and Denmark both take Aristocratic. I annexed Scotland to get my first CN, New Scotland, in the eastern US. As an amusing protectorate benefit, England would kill any rebels that popped up there.

611C6E217F9F989F0692AD89195819E937BB39AE
1728: This screenshot is why you go Hindu. Hinduism takes it from -75% to -85% cost, 66% more conquering for the same Adm. Also, I had just bought the new level of Admin Efficiency (50%). This was the only time I took it ahead of time (only 2 years, but still), due to needing to finish off Denmark without another war and having an amazing Adm king. He was born skill 5 but went to 6 after about 20 years of rule with Hindu events. You can get a +2 Adm buff, but I think it's limited to Vishnu, the +missionary strength god, and I only got that one once. Regardless, my kings probably averaged about .75 Adm skill higher because I was Hindu. The -10% stab cost, -1 RR, and -6% tech cost permanent decisions make it even better.

4197093080DA96A92BE08C6E8C75727C6AC3E56B
1729: Religious map. Portuguese and French Siberia because I focused more on settling high BT provinces in Indonesia and Australia, even though the latter can become a CN. Hindu has great benefits, but conversion isn't one of them. When you get enough provinces that you really need to convert, you wouldn't be using Vishnu. It's good enough before Admin Efficiency, though.

507757C41F22A1142F71BB4AAA08931E9E98689C
1732: Ottomans now a 2pm. War to finally annex Russia. First war with HRE states brings in half the HRE. Bohemia is Emperor. England fighting rebels for me in Scotland again.

8DF55EA009080A1B8ECA2B1F8B723CEC7A1A7EE4
1740: Russia gone. Chunks of HRE eaten. Tuscany released because of Italian minor NIs and +50% coring cost policy (thanks, AI). Took some Portugal/Spain holdings in North Africa because they were allied to Austria. At this point in the game, I had planned on rush annexing Portugal and Netherlands since they had lots of overseas provinces, so I didn't target them for a while, but eventually had to change strategies.

443CED4D4988121FAE3CE8F5A06296372FFEE47B
1748: Plowing my way through the HRE. Bavaria is a vassal. I felt confident enough to take on the French/Dutch alliance at the same time.

0B79BA8E883836CF2459DBBB67D40E55C81CAC7C
1754: Tragedy strikes as my greatest king dies at the senselessly young age of 74. He is replaced by a 58 year old and a just born Adm skill 1 heir. I could just see the regency coming. From now on I was slower and more deliberate and didn't grab anything over 3 BT without a claim unless it was an overseas island or when I ate England at the end.

430E2425D3F88A00DE9AC8023019D22DEFB37857
1764: Fought Spain/Portugal, starting to eat them and took Siberia. Also took French Siberia in the current war. Because I had beaten up all the majors, England was now Catholic DotF, but thankfully they started fighting with France, so a declaration on France and England lost it. I started attacking other religions and stacked more wars as I sensed I was nearing a regency which actually happened earlier in 1764 than the pic. I used the 6 years to fabricate more claims and build a giant navy (500+ heavies), so it wasn't that bad. Also, a downside to being a protectorate is that anything you don't have a claim on will be occupied by your overlord if they are also in a war versus your target, even if they are separate wars, and that's why France is covered in red. I finally annexed the Ottomans opm (they lost Thessaly to rebels earlier) and Bohemia lost the emperor title to Austria so now I could finally conquer them.

8433647D21B2A0A1058A65DF0E33966D0F2CB341
1773: War began again in 1770. Ate more of Spain proper and Portuguese overseas territories. Turned Bohemia, Savoy, and Mantua into Vassals. Bohemia and Mantua have +coring cost NIs and Savoy was just convenient. Rev. France appeared in 1767 and I converted the last Siberian province to Hindu in 1770. Note: I only started attacking the HRE and Western Europe 40 years earlier and had a regency.

3B1FCDD87B5AE904430F144401ABA52EC0A03849
1791: Ate more of Africa. Had a failed attempt at annex/releasing Kilwa since I didn't get which modifiers cleared correct so I had to redo it. When I annexed part of Creek, I got to the last little pocket of uncolonized land and finished it. Rev. France turned back into France. Made Aragon a vassal.

E1D569162C61C0A8998340E9E09394C6A065C0D6
1798: Finishing off Portugal and Spain was a pain because I forgot to take into account preventing their CNs from sieging anything and stupid Bermuda hiding in the Atlantic. Also finished the Netherlands in this war. Siena, Kilwa and Kongo made into vassals, Morocco released as one after the war. Finally lost protectorate status after 271 years by attacking England. I tried to full annex France but this is the first time I ran into the bug where it wouldn't let me, so I took their CN's land and everything but Ile-de-France and 2 Caribbean provinces.

2B86E5E6466358FCF685C825C82777A2952A8A15
1807: England finished. I was still trying to figure out a way around the bug to annex France and settled on making it an opm to annex right at the very end. Only North American countries were left free. They were all annexed at the same time a couple years later.

520C8B0B17F6406AFE9A7C4E7E260A327EE2B1E3
1721: Ending screen with ideas.

Last edited:
First post wop wop

Rīga Into Kurzeme
Tried to do a WC but i made too many mistakes so im giving up up this run... still not bad for fist attempt
CwZgN.jpg

eMr38.jpg

2DWQ6.jpg

qoCEi.jpg

Kurlands ideas are the worst i mean The worst so i changed to Kurland just for sentimental reasons. (guess where i'm from)

Kurlands ideas are the worst i mean The worst so i changed to Kurland just for sentimental reasons. (guess where i'm from)

What's so bad about the Couronian ideas?

Reactions:
What's so bad about the Couronian ideas?

You actively take a downgrade to form it with every nation that starts with the decision to form it, similar to Persia.

There are worse sets out there, but other than for the country appearance there's no reason to dump Divine ideas for a downgrade.

I managed to get two achievements with my Sweden run. I got bored so am not trying to finish the game until 1821

2048x1152.resizedimage

I did manage a brief alliance with France, who quickly turned to be only defensive and never joined my wars, but asked me every time they went to war. France broke the alliance with me and after that, I played on my own since about 1550.

I made a few bigger mistakes, such as too many diplo relations, this hurt me pretty much all game long as I continued to hunt for diplo points to annex as well as convert culture. In the end I gave up on culture conversion. I also wasted too many troops, not looking at terrain but I had nice manpower recovery as well as over 300k manpower so I wasn't too concerned.

At this time, Brandeburg, Bohemia, Trier, Khazak, Astrakhan and Novgorod are my vassals. I have just finished integrating Mazovia (after feeding them most of the Polish land. Novgorod will cost me a bit over 1450 diplo points to integrate now.

I colonised Ivory Coast and collected from that node in order to get decent income.

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

Oh, 0% AE and pretty much no coalition except for the bastards in Magdeburg who desire my provinces, after I released them in a war.

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

And I got 2 achievements, Agressive Expander (own 200 provinces) and Sweden is not overpowered. I thought about going for owning Japan but I believe time is running out. I might yet go for this at some later point, simply taking stab hits for breaking the truce and gobble them up quickly.

I am ranked 3rd after Ottomans and France who both have significantly better dip rating (while I lead in both Adm and Mil, my dip rating is only 29th :S).

My Sardinia-Piedmont game, shortly after integrating my PU junior Castile. Aragon, Cologne, Brittany and the OPM Nevers enclave are my vassals.

4E9721D03A0800465AA82BA2CF07912AC782E05B

I'm running a minor mod here which gives Sardinia-Piedmont the Italian national ideas, mostly because I didn't want to replace that lovely blue with the murky green of Italy! Otherwise, things are as in vanilla 1.7.3.

This has been an interesting game. Castile turned down the Iberian Wedding, and Aragon went on to integrate Naples and take a chunk out of Castile. My own gameplan involved rapid expansion into Italy to build up a power base to hold off France, while taking as little HRE land as possible (obviously, I failed this particular goal...). I took Provence and Avignon early when the opportunity presented itself, but this turned out to be a mistake, antagonising France who declared war soon after. I managed to get away with ceding only Avignon, but the war massively slowed down my Italian ambitions.

I didn't form Sardinia-Piedmont until 1596, since Sardinia had gained independence and allied themselves to France very early in the game. Espionage ideas - which I'd taken for the hell of it since I hadn't actually tried them before - turned out to be very helpful, as sabotaging France's reputation led to the Sardinia alliance being broken!

In 1649, a succession war broke out between France and myself over Castile.

7F5F0AB9459FD78915FCF489657F5ABAD2DDB7C7

This was a tough fight. I had Bosnia, Brittany and Bavaria on my side, but they had France, Castile and Scandinavia. Both sides were being driven into the dirt, but England and Austria both declared war on France after a few years and this gave me the edge I needed to pull off the victory, forming the tongue-twisting nation of Sardinia-Piedmont-Castile. I like to think people would just call it the SPC...

Castile were hostile for most of the following years, although they did get vassal attitude briefly when I returned their cores from Aragon. Nevertheless, they never did declare an independence war and eventually I was able to start annexing them. Needless to say this took a long time, what with 180 base tax to integrate, but it made it all the way through. I've since won a war against the French-Polish alliance with relatively little difficulty, so I'll probably be leaving this game here (though if the save somehow works in Art of War, I'd quite like to make the Germanic lands into a client state).

It's been a lot of fun and I love the many little quirks of this campaign, like diplo-vassalising Nevers just to piss off France, the fact that Byzantium and Morea rose up in Greece of their own accord, nations like Crete and The Knights being independent, Bosnia's sheer will to survive and nice borders, the strong Gelre and the massive Egypt. Even that awkward Aragonese province in Italy that took 70 years to finally remove <3

Last edited:
I managed to get two achievements with my Sweden run. I got bored so am not trying to finish the game until 1821

2048x1152.resizedimage

I did manage a brief alliance with France, who quickly turned to be only defensive and never joined my wars, but asked me every time they went to war. France broke the alliance with me and after that, I played on my own since about 1550.

I made a few bigger mistakes, such as too many diplo relations, this hurt me pretty much all game long as I continued to hunt for diplo points to annex as well as convert culture. In the end I gave up on culture conversion. I also wasted too many troops, not looking at terrain but I had nice manpower recovery as well as over 300k manpower so I wasn't too concerned.

At this time, Brandeburg, Bohemia, Trier, Khazak, Astrakhan and Novgorod are my vassals. I have just finished integrating Mazovia (after feeding them most of the Polish land. Novgorod will cost me a bit over 1450 diplo points to integrate now.

I colonised Ivory Coast and collected from that node in order to get decent income.

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

Oh, 0% AE and pretty much no coalition except for the bastards in Magdeburg who desire my provinces, after I released them in a war.

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

And I got 2 achievements, Agressive Expander (own 200 provinces) and Sweden is not overpowered. I thought about going for owning Japan but I believe time is running out. I might yet go for this at some later point, simply taking stab hits for breaking the truce and gobble them up quickly.

I am ranked 3rd after Ottomans and France who both have significantly better dip rating (while I lead in both Adm and Mil, my dip rating is only 29th :S).
That's really impressive. Apparently even DDRJake did not manage to pull it off.
You should spend the last few decades annexing vassals and fiercely converting as many provinces as you can.
Post the result later.

Ya'all have probably seen more than enough of France but I'm proud of this one:

eu4_17_2_zps7da29b9b.png

1444 start. Kazan is my vassal.

This is the only game I've ever managed to destroy the HRE completely (not just dismantle the Empire but destroy the rump states). I will say though that compared to my earlier HRE game, this wasn't all that impressive.

I picked up a few achievements on this game, including my first ever two simultaneous personal unions - I've been very unlucky with that before.

Some of you are probably wondering why I didn't do more to stop Sweden. Part of it is because I got verrry close to personal union with Sweden on more than one occasion, only to have it snatched away from me at the last minute with unlikely heirs - in the end, I didn't even manage to spread my dynasty to Scandavia. I pretty much ignored GB as well - and went ahead and conquered everyone else.

Yes. The diplomatic map is in the bottom section of the post with the end screen.

I took a bunch of pics during it, so here's some with explanation about the overall strategy and some milestones, essentially a mini-AAR. Apologies to people if it still loads all the spoilered pictures, it's kinda long for this thread (25 pictures).

6C6E3326B3ECA0D1F5D049FEF89B2C14B6B675CF
1488: I day one declared on Tibet, got money from Manchu, and went straight to India, specifically, southern India as the only 2 major Hindu powers hate each other and no one likes Shia countries. It gets even better as Indian countries can't see you at start. If they don't know about your country, they can't join a coalition, thus I had 0 problems expanding really fast in India. However, you do want to try to pick off some of the northern countries once you're Hindu since that's where the manpower is in India.

Went Adm focus from the start and got a 4 Adm king after my 3 Adm starter king died 10 years in. I expanded only through vassals and put every point I could into ideas to reform ASAP in 1488 and became Hindu 4 years later. Since you start Buddhist, I reloaded the start until I got a theologian and took a province from Uzbok to get 5% missionary strength to carry over into my new religion. Every percent counts, especially for religions with few missionaries. If you're Hindu before reforming, you become Muslim tech for some reason instead of Indian so you couldn't become a protectorate. At this point, the only possessions you can't see that I didn't start with were Sibir and Kazakh as opm vassals.

F060062A57C5F6533628F758CB27B4CC1534A3C9
1508: Expanded in eastern India and I sold some base tax 1 provinces to Sibir/Kazakh to get my Buddhist province count down so I could convert. I'm still at dip tech 3 here. I think I was at dip tech 3 until the 1570s as I spent pretty much all my dip on annexations and exploration ideas.

ADA20D41B3254D7929D05F49619CB6C62CF1A35D
1527: After I integrated my vassals (you will lose them), I became a protectorate. My overlord was Tyrone, who was eaten by Munster, who was eaten by England. The protectorate is not just to avoid coalitions from fast conquest, it's so you can fabricate claims on everything for the -85% coring cost (3 Adm per BT) I was able to reach by 1550. I still did use vassals when I could since some countries are just nicely sized and dealing with rebels is a pain. Exploration ideas were not just for the protectorate. I tried to colonize all the expensive BT provinces in Asia so I would not have to core them later on.

9DA6A69CEC0E083CFD3BE83E557F6B27C537E13B
1598: The coalition that would've been against me. I had just beaten the Timurid Ottoman alliance (since they were also fighting Russia), taking a few provinces for a Persian vassal but mostly to force them to dissolve their partnership. I forced Ming to release Shun and Xi though I should've forced Zhou and Xi. Shun is powerful. I did it so I could avoid truce times due to alliances and so I could use more than one diplomat to forge claims. I know most people would go for Ming right away, but why integrate it at 15 dip per bt when you could annex at 3 adm per?

1A25489277C50F916C0D1A4F03ED224E1F5FD5A2

A403BEE31BA8BEFD2295E1A84F248ECD0CB7BE5F
1607: As Hindu, you don't really have a chance for lots of missionaries, but you can get one from owning Rome. I originally attacked the Papal State back in the mid 1500s. I annexed and released it, so the government was Hindu and the land still Catholic. I also forgot you can't sell provinces as a protectorate and had to cancel vassalization. Of course, you can't do that as a protectorate either so I gave it up in a peace deal. Finally, I decided just to cut a swath through the Mamluks to the Mediterranean so I could actually core it. When I got back there in the early 1600s, the province had been forced converted to Hinduism by rebels. Funnily enough, later when I annexed them, they reappeared from a theocracy in the HRE like they normally do, but they were still Hindu.

BA10DADB14D66C210069AA4F3122B3EDA6C968C1
1622: Right here is when it all comes together and it kicks into overdrive. I had just spent the Adm for the -10 years of nationalism. -Nationalism is amazing for direct coring because of how it scales. I had -15 years overall, but that doesn't mean that it still starts out at 15 RR and drops twice as fast, it's applied as if 15 years had already gone by so you only get 7.5 RR. I only had to deal with half the RR from nationalism and once places were converted, they were pretty much at a manageable RR level. After taking that idea, I had no more Adm ideas I wanted to get for the rest of the game. Thus every Adm point was only put into coring, stab, and occasionally tech. I also recently finished diplomatic ideas, lowering the cost of lowering WE to 50 dip. This set of ideas, NIs, religion, and being a protectorate allowed me to go into 'truce are just pieces of paper' mode. Stab cost was only 50 Adm even without an advisor and Dip was spent on lowering WE from truce breaks and the occasional vassal.

For the rest of the game, there were only 2 truce timers that reached completion on countries that I did not white peace out. Oman who was at that point a 2pm and didn't matter and the Ottomans when they were an 2pm and Kilwa was the Sunni DotF, who was allied with England, my overlord. That's it. I lived at -2 stab from 1622 until the 1730s, when I raised it to 0 for a while since I had so new people to attack (HRE) and needed some legitimacy for vassal integration, then back to -2 in the 1760s until 1810. I went from here to 100% cored WC (except for buggy Caribbean opm France) in 190 years. And that's with slowing down to be sure to fabricate on stuff after 1770 (when I had the best admin efficiency) since I had a 6 year regency and then a skill 1 Adm king.

DB5B21A8A927E1C17371AC195385D83FCAC7FB36
1664: After having finished off the giant Timurids (who became the Mughals shortly after the previous pic) and Japan, as well as integrating vassals and eating more Shun. I also moved my capital to Imereti on the Black Sea to shorten diplomat travel times.

DAF99EF2C560ADC2824042236659066E82B0037C
1676: I finished off Shun and Aceh/Makassar as well as vassalizing what was left of the Mamluks. My first attacks into European countries. There was the strange triangle alliance of Ottos/Algeria/Netherlands (and the Netherlands was the biggest I've ever seen it by far) and to the north, the Russian/French alliance. I initially did quick wars to break alliances with the western Euros and cut off Ottos/Russia's different continent holdings. Then I started to rotate wars between them (as truces didn't matter), coring one while I was fighting the other and creating several vassals.

26674CA2FAA3D8DF834CA98E0608A6241C52A5F8
1699: Due to cutting off other continent holdings and the first level of Admin Efficiency, I was able to grab a whole lot real fast. I also created a bunch of vassals from Russia/Ottos eastern European areas to try to push closer to the HRE since I only had 120 years left. I started to attack down Africa's east coast. Ethiopia was actually a great vassal opportunity, large with lots of provinces but mostly low BT so not worth the fabrication time. However, I was overflowing with Adm since the wars with Russia and Ottos would take a while and I had a good Adm king, so I ended coring it with only a few fabrications.

88606610CA38B1BCF1E6621B31D7B0AABB186073
1709: I made some attacks to isolate then chain wars with Poland and Lithuania to release as vassals since they both had Aristocratic. I kept attacking the Ottos and for Russia, I specifically made it a point to core their large but cheap provinces even though they weren't claims just to condense the area where my armies would have to fight and to shorten wars.

E0CBEF65897EE7472C2021F5A8DB013647ECA7E3
1713: This is why being a protectorate is so awesome. Also, more condensing Russia by returning provinces.

52F62A03492059E86B030E4FF2A4E3813E0EC446

10ECAD27C0DEAAD94AB8E2DDFC1B19EDC1C741DF
1724: Still fighting Russia/Ottos. Fought Spain, Portugal, Austria and Denmark one time through cascading alliances, but only beat up Denmark then white peaced. Got my first New World holdings when I had to annex then release Norway, who was in South America. I released them because I found out they and Denmark both take Aristocratic. I annexed Scotland to get my first CN, New Scotland, in the eastern US. As an amusing protectorate benefit, England would kill any rebels that popped up there.

611C6E217F9F989F0692AD89195819E937BB39AE
1728: This screenshot is why you go Hindu. Hinduism takes it from -75% to -85% cost, 66% more conquering for the same Adm. Also, I had just bought the new level of Admin Efficiency (50%). This was the only time I took it ahead of time (only 2 years, but still), due to needing to finish off Denmark without another war and having an amazing Adm king. He was born skill 5 but went to 6 after about 20 years of rule with Hindu events. You can get a +2 Adm buff, but I think it's limited to Vishnu, the +missionary strength god, and I only got that one once. Regardless, my kings probably averaged about .75 Adm skill higher because I was Hindu. The -10% stab cost, -1 RR, and -6% tech cost permanent decisions make it even better.

4197093080DA96A92BE08C6E8C75727C6AC3E56B
1729: Religious map. Portuguese and French Siberia because I focused more on settling high BT provinces in Indonesia and Australia, even though the latter can become a CN. Hindu has great benefits, but conversion isn't one of them. When you get enough provinces that you really need to convert, you wouldn't be using Vishnu. It's good enough before Admin Efficiency, though.

507757C41F22A1142F71BB4AAA08931E9E98689C
1732: Ottomans now a 2pm. War to finally annex Russia. First war with HRE states brings in half the HRE. Bohemia is Emperor. England fighting rebels for me in Scotland again.

8DF55EA009080A1B8ECA2B1F8B723CEC7A1A7EE4
1740: Russia gone. Chunks of HRE eaten. Tuscany released because of Italian minor NIs and +50% coring cost policy (thanks, AI). Took some Portugal/Spain holdings in North Africa because they were allied to Austria. At this point in the game, I had planned on rush annexing Portugal and Netherlands since they had lots of overseas provinces, so I didn't target them for a while, but eventually had to change strategies.

443CED4D4988121FAE3CE8F5A06296372FFEE47B
1748: Plowing my way through the HRE. Bavaria is a vassal. I felt confident enough to take on the French/Dutch alliance at the same time.

0B79BA8E883836CF2459DBBB67D40E55C81CAC7C
1754: Tragedy strikes as my greatest king dies at the senselessly young age of 74. He is replaced by a 58 year old and a just born Adm skill 1 heir. I could just see the regency coming. From now on I was slower and more deliberate and didn't grab anything over 3 BT without a claim unless it was an overseas island or when I ate England at the end.

430E2425D3F88A00DE9AC8023019D22DEFB37857
1764: Fought Spain/Portugal, starting to eat them and took Siberia. Also took French Siberia in the current war. Because I had beaten up all the majors, England was now Catholic DotF, but thankfully they started fighting with France, so a declaration on France and England lost it. I started attacking other religions and stacked more wars as I sensed I was nearing a regency which actually happened earlier in 1764 than the pic. I used the 6 years to fabricate more claims and build a giant navy (500+ heavies), so it wasn't that bad. Also, a downside to being a protectorate is that anything you don't have a claim on will be occupied by your overlord if they are also in a war versus your target, even if they are separate wars, and that's why France is covered in red. I finally annexed the Ottomans opm (they lost Thessaly to rebels earlier) and Bohemia lost the emperor title to Austria so now I could finally conquer them.

8433647D21B2A0A1058A65DF0E33966D0F2CB341
1773: War began again in 1770. Ate more of Spain proper and Portuguese overseas territories. Turned Bohemia, Savoy, and Mantua into Vassals. Bohemia and Mantua have +coring cost NIs and Savoy was just convenient. Rev. France appeared in 1767 and I converted the last Siberian province to Hindu in 1770. Note: I only started attacking the HRE and Western Europe 40 years earlier and had a regency.

3B1FCDD87B5AE904430F144401ABA52EC0A03849
1791: Ate more of Africa. Had a failed attempt at annex/releasing Kilwa since I didn't get which modifiers cleared correct so I had to redo it. When I annexed part of Creek, I got to the last little pocket of uncolonized land and finished it. Rev. France turned back into France. Made Aragon a vassal.

E1D569162C61C0A8998340E9E09394C6A065C0D6
1798: Finishing off Portugal and Spain was a pain because I forgot to take into account preventing their CNs from sieging anything and stupid Bermuda hiding in the Atlantic. Also finished the Netherlands in this war. Siena, Kilwa and Kongo made into vassals, Morocco released as one after the war. Finally lost protectorate status after 271 years by attacking England. I tried to full annex France but this is the first time I ran into the bug where it wouldn't let me, so I took their CN's land and everything but Ile-de-France and 2 Caribbean provinces.

2B86E5E6466358FCF685C825C82777A2952A8A15
1807: England finished. I was still trying to figure out a way around the bug to annex France and settled on making it an opm to annex right at the very end. Only North American countries were left free. They were all annexed at the same time a couple years later.

520C8B0B17F6406AFE9A7C4E7E260A327EE2B1E3
1721: Ending screen with ideas.

Barely entered into Europe in 1676? Wow, you conquest of Europe is very fast.
And becoming protectorate is great.

That's really impressive. Apparently even DDRJake did not manage to pull it off.
You should spend the last few decades annexing vassals and fiercely converting as many provinces as you can.
Post the result later.

Thanks, I am kinda proud of it. I took the challenge after DDRJake started his run. Needed several restarts to make sure I had a decent ruler/general and a statesman to get alliances quickly - BUT, there is no way I can keep up with DDRJake or many other players but I am having fun and learning all the time to get better.

For what its worth, DDRJake is far far ahead of me. Since yesterday he was around the year 1645 so over 120 years ahead of me and already has more territory than me in 1771, more converted land (both religion and culture, much cleaner borders, etc. He will probably manage to convert Europe to Shamanist, something I couldn't do even if I had another 200 years game play.

The Hansa, just for fun

Could this be a slight problem ??

2048x1152.resizedimage

I had just finished taking the Livonian Order (and Riga) except the LO capital (I took the AE as I didn't want Muscovy to come after me and vassalize LO) and of course a nice coalition was formed. During the same war, Norwegian rebels declared Norway independent and I took Akershus as a vassal. I quickly released Riga and started to feed them some provinces, little did I know that they don't accept Estonian culture so 3 provinces max for them :( which means a waste of diplo relation).

I quickly claimed Neva and Ingermansland as well as Skane.

Right after the LO and Norway incident, Sweden and Muscovy had only a slight problem with my AE so the Swedes declared the Swedish-Hanseatic Punitive war on me while I was in a war with Austria against Naples/France/Denmark/Switzerland/Hungary and the Patalinate and Austria gave me 2 provinces in Denmark.

I blocked off the straight between Denmark and Sweden so the Swedes had to walk over to Muscovy instead and I took my time to recover a bit of manpower. Muscovy started to siege the former LO provinces while the other war was slowly coming to an end. Austria and Bohemia were still dabbling in Switzerland and my land was being sieged in the East.

Austria took over as ringleader on my side (along with my other ally Bohemia) and after quite some time finishing the other war, joined me in the East. While they started to battle the Muscovites, I went over to Sweden and occupied Skane and with military tech 13, beat a stack of 45k mil tech 12 Swedes. While they retreated to the Finland area, I followed and finished them off, then moved over to Neva and Ingermansland and occupied them. The Muscovites were waiting and finally decided to attack my 25k stack with a 45k stack. But I had another 25k stack nearby and they re-inforced, beating the Muscovites (tech 11) quite badly. Austria finally gave me Skane as well as my newly claimed provinces in the Novgorod trade area.

Gave Skane to Norway and released Finland (in the process of feeding them some LO land but boy are they slow at coring...).

Current vassals are Ukraine, Mazovia, Lüneburg (about to be annexed), Oldenburg and Norway/Finland.

Oh and I am in another war with Castile but sitting on the sidelines, letting my vassals help out Austria instead.

Edit: I thought about forming Prussia but decided to keep it The Hansa instead for a challenge...
My manpower is shot but it'll all be good :)

Edit2:

I played through at speed 4 - 5 most of the time as I am impatient :)

2048x1152.resizedimage

Got the 'Early Reich' achievement which I set out to do while remaining hanseatic and not swith to Prussian.

Sorry, I don't know how to do the 'show spoiler' thingy...

Just finished integrating Sweden and Norway. I conquered Tyrone (then 3 provinces on the Irish mainland) and conquered two provinces from Great Britain, then released Scotland and have been feeding them land from several wars with GB. Munster is my remaining vassal..

2048x1152.resizedimage

Culture conversion is ongoing

2048x1152.resizedimage

My only ally is France after they had been beaten up by Austria (who then formed the HRE). I had 3 wars with the HRE, each time they lost, not by much but enough to release Augsburg which allowed me to take Nürnberg in order to form Germany and twice France was the warleader on my side so they peaced out with some provinces returned.

2048x1152.resizedimage

Portugal controls the Cape but I control Zanzibar, Kongo and Ivory Coast (where I collect), it helps sustain large rebel support, excess troops and navies and money to continue to build the economy:

2048x1152.resizedimage

Not much left to do now except maybe beating up on HRE one more time :)

Last edited:
For a good 5 seconds, I was convinced that you had taken screenshots of my game and were posting them here as your own. Well done.

I bow to you. I can only learn from you, little by little... I did the Ming thingy to relieve me from some much needed AE but it all took much too long. Can't keep up with you, not even close.

For a good 5 seconds, I was convinced that you had taken screenshots of my game and were posting them here as your own. Well done.

Your run is tempting me to bankrupt a nation with actual conversion power into Shamanist or Animist, most likely either a CN (very few Mexicos trashing the world after all) or a theocracy for the extra missionary and 2% strength. Najd would be the best, though it would take a lot of setup and isn't conducive to the friendly MP setting where two other people are doing the same thing :).

Finally after I thought I successfully completed Sunset Invasion earlier this week only to discover that Amsterdam is Holland not Antwerpen (sorry for my shameful geography), and a second failed attempt where I got a peasant's war during westernization, I finally tried and successfully completed Sunset Invasion.

Mega France was tough to fight. Took some serious mettle........and lots of warm bodies.
JCgVJES.png

Ended on a Regency that would have went until the end of the game, but I wanted to at least reach max tech.
IzYwog2.png

Ideas
2qPijEj.png

My spreading of enlightened Aztec culture to the backward peoples of North America.
FdmT5Wt.png

Fun times against France
RBZZgtU.png

iQO8iDH.png

Here's something you don't see every day.
KR6ydhQ.png

Neither is westernized.

Well, that was fun. Gonna have to do it in 1.8 now. Assuming there aren't any other achievements that suck me in. Or schoolwork. Probably schoolwork.