• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So... even though things are going fine, what do you plan to achieve by game's end? The new world conquered? Europe under your boot? Invasion of China?

So many things to hate in this update. That joke (I only actually experienced it in-game for the first time earlier this week), that song, and that accursed Earthquake event. There are so many things that could be tidied up in MEIOU and so little time before the EU4 release. Bah, enough grousing. You're bringing pretty borders to Mesoamerica and that's to be lauded.

clean(er) Mexico... Well played!

Operation clean-up is underway.

Who balkanized Mesoamerica? :D

Also, I truly hate those earthquake events... just checking the options usually makes my game slower :p

I sure didn't, I only took half of the Maya's, which was about half of Mesoamerica at the time. I'm trying very hard to make it all fit in.

I'm glad I've got a fairly new game rig.

So... even though things are going fine, what do you plan to achieve by game's end? The new world conquered? Europe under your boot? Invasion of China?
New world conquest yes, although I'm not sure about the east coast of South-America. Europe under my boot is a goal too. The invasion of China (and India) will come in the last decades of the game. Ming looks like a real endboss and I hope/think it will only get stronger in the next century.

So many things to hate in this update. That joke (I only actually experienced it in-game for the first time earlier this week), that song, and that accursed Earthquake event. There are so many things that could be tidied up in MEIOU and so little time before the EU4 release. Bah, enough grousing. You're bringing pretty borders to Mesoamerica and that's to be lauded.

Yeah, sorry about that, I just couldn't resist. The border will only become more pretty.

Chapter L: Back to the cleaning business.

January, I’m not the only on to expand my colonial empire.
mbbqvKz.jpg

February, after some assaults.
FCUd0L3.jpg

That’s a COT, 3 gold, a cacao and a maize, the previous was pepper. It was also not a month too soon, with only 0.28 infamy left.

March, nice COTtage
w3MnJyE.jpg

Leon also calls me into war again against another measly Mesoamerican nation, those guys really can’t do anything themselves. Time to bully some other Mesoamerican nation myself.

I declare three separate colonial conquest wars against, Otomis, Zapotec and Maya. Which respectively have 8k, 9k and 8k soldiers.

May, I assault and
jce3H7V.jpg

Maize and sugar.

August, there goes the next.
UNYSXvo.jpg

This leads to an interesting country against which I have a CB (those religious liberation are in the Georgia area, the one on the Europe/Asia border, where they control some Orthodox provinces).

March, trade tech 35 (+1%, trade range 875).

December, my ambassador dies, he is replaced by a collector
jYkSCBP.jpg

Also, the last Maya province that has to fall. I endorse culture, as my diplomat of 27 years of service could die soon.

January, I win the assault and:
Eoye7P1.jpg

That’s five provinces in total.

March, the next colonial war.
2hjiI0F.jpg

May, Serbia honours, now it’s at least somewhat of a challenge.
Or3zx3r.jpg

June, the first month (that I notice) that my monthly trade income is above 1k (1020.8).

Smolensk honours their alliance with Wallachia too.

July, the first major battle is no problem.
htplqgX.jpg

Not I suspected it to be any different, with a land tech gap of 11. They are routed in the battle that follows.

August, Serbia offers white peace after they have no army left and they are thoroughly blockaded, I accept as I have nothing to gain from them.

September, Smolensk and Wallachia start begging for white peace too.

November, I demand peace from Wallachia.
Lv5K8i4.jpg

And accept the offer of white peace from Smolensk a day later.

January, production tech 37 (+1%).

February, I can also build new factories, Köln gets a hardware factory (from 2.4 units of grain).

March, Landshut goes from 2 units of iron to 2 units of steel, a proper upgrade.

August, it’s time for a large part of the clean-up, colonial war is declared against Spain.
qoIao4a.jpg

September, the large army of Chihuatlan is routed.

November, I build a hardware factory in Nedersticht, 2.3 units of linen will now become a lot harder. I wanted to transform the 2.2 units of copper in Guiness, but for some reason I couldn’t. I also destroy the naval arsenal in Nedersticht and build a factory instead.

Off course the King and my heir are much to good and it has to be compensated. I pray for the life of my heir. He dies, just as the laws of Paradox dictate, but luckily the King of Spain dies too.

December, you shouldn’t attack me, -4 on rolls because of mountains hurts you a lot.
NY6zQo6.jpg

January, I’m glad those reinforcements were on time.
HQ1Z7z2.jpg

February, the 2.3 units of wine in Proensa become 2.3 units of rum (later I see that this doesn’t increase the trade value that much, as I have quite a high negative modifiers because I’m mercantile, as I’m the only producer, if I lower the demand with 50%, that is for the entire world)

April, Spain start begging for white peace.

May, I build a hardware factory in Brugge. Sure, 2.7 units of Cloth is nice, but as hardware is worth 40 ducats more per unit I’ll change it. This adds 180 to the trade value and 350 to the production in Brugge. This also turns Brugge into the most valueable COT at 2162 vs 2146 of Jiangsu Nanjing (which has coal, china ware, cotton and more expensive stuff, some of which produce 6.5 units, like steel). I think I know where my invasion of China will be.

June, Hm, sure, it’s a lot, but I don’t use naval tradition that much. I just use 100 ships a fleet, I need army tradition more.
yiT8dMz.jpg

July, the 2.6 units of cloth in Gent become ammunition. This is more about producing a lot of units of high trade value that turning low value trade goods into new stuff. 1.2 units of grain into ammo is a smaller improvement than 2.6 units of cloth into ammo.

May, production tech 38 is reached.
8fMx5OI.jpg

The stock exchange will be built when the road network is done ( in about a year and a half).

June, the sieges in Spain and their colonies take quite long. I’ve had zero infamy for a few years now, while I could lose 2.9 of it per year. Time for some fun, I built three more armies of 25-30 k each. Enough to be the 7th in the world if I hadn’t any soldiers left.

August, more soldiers are always nice. Even though the difference isn’t that big.
EQXQ6wD.jpg
]

April, sieges are slow indeed.
iwl2IYR.jpg

I’m now ahead of schedule with most techs (I think), so I’ll mint for a year, I need cash and 0.87 inflation will be gone soon if I mint a bit less. It could give me about 31.2k/year.

June, the siege of Castilla la Vieja is won, let their WE rise even more.
iLRCr7c.jpg

Next time, it’s party time. I think I want to kick it up a notch with the speed of this AAR. If I can manage it I want to be mostly done with it before EUIV comes along. That’s because I think I want to write a gameplay AAR for that one too.

You should just wait with the Colonial provinces to defect over time. They should, since they are probably not Spanish and are anyways on wrong continent. Or so I would believe...

Enewald is right, you should be able to wait for War Dynamism to kick in and grab those colonies for 1 infamy a pop. That's some nice work there beating Spain to a pulp.

Last update can be summarized as:
"a worldwide empire only needs 7 years, with no hurry, to conquer a balkanized Mexico".

Good Game!
Yeah, something like that. I like those cheap infamy CB's :)

You should just wait with the Colonial provinces to defect over time. They should, since they are probably not Spanish and are anyways on wrong continent. Or so I would believe...
Yeah, I'll do that as you'll see, but I can't catch them all too.

Enewald is right, you should be able to wait for War Dynamism to kick in and grab those colonies for 1 infamy a pop. That's some nice work there beating Spain to a pulp.
I might beat them even more, perhaps a bit too much for their liking ;).

Chapter LI: It’s party time! It’s my ‘dance’ moves vs those of the rest of Europe.

October, time for fun! Their friends don’t want to join the party.
nA6N7b3.jpg

My 130k troops in the neighbourhood should be able to do the job.

I order some assaults and stuff, I don’t even need to use a general.

December, I can finally build the stock exchange.

February, Earthquake in Ciboney, nobody dies but there is widespread chaos (effective, -20% growth per year).

April, a year of minting, and a lot of manufactories later. Time to invest in the army technology again.

July
wbcPbdE.jpg

He’s mediocre, but at least a Dampierre stays in power.

uFgcJUP.jpg

I might as well pursue it when I’m done with Bohemia. If I’m fast enough Wallachia can stay out of the picture so I can declare war on them later.

September, the first defection.
rEuvWlo.jpg

More follow in the next months.

November, a day before the truce with Wallachia expires I declare war to Serbia.
oonuJRK.jpg

I should have done it a few days earlier. It’s still a nice challenge though.

A few days later Hungary and some minors join in too. I should mention that my armies in Bohemia are mostly out of infantry because of successive assaults.

December, oops..
tShcuRH.jpg

January, now that’s a battle.
huaB3XT.jpg

March, with Poland, Wallachia and Hungary in the picture I want Spain out of the picture. Operation Mesoamerica clean-up will continue later. At least I get another COT in Chichên Itzá.
CtmhiaW.jpg

Perhaps I got a little too overconfident..

The Earth dances in joy with an earthquake in Pen Itza. The temple there can’t keep up in the dance and collapses. That will make the work of the missionary at work there somewhat harder.

April, you can’t win them all, but this isn’t that bad.
28SJsq0.jpg

There is also a meteor sighted, people are worried about all the bad news, a stability drop.
bTyBoHX.jpg

It will be regained in September. That battle will be lost and will mean a loss of an army.

May, Poland offers white peace and I gladly accept. I also offer white peace to the Pope, which he accepts. I have to keep the Pope as my buddy.

Wallachia and Portugal offer white peace a few weeks later, also accepted.

June, Hungary follows.

May, time to grab the resources in the name of the Lord.
mrKawEx.jpg

I need more ships to protect my colonies, but I think I’ll wait a bit before I order new ships to be build. It’s only a few tech levels before I get new ships.

October, they shouldn’t complain, I colonised America for them.
2fWUrW8.jpg

Basically they get more cores along the East coast.

November, I’ll switch at the end of the month if I’ve got no fights going on (it’s one more offensive shock and +1 to both morale types).
6tixoNL.jpg

Now it’s time to renew the navy, I’ve got a new high-tech fleet to build.

February, naval tech 37, 38 will be reached in December.

April, I replace the textile manufactory in Ghent with a weapons manufactory, Brugge will follow then the fort 4 there is done.

May, peace with Serbia.
otNcguy.jpg

I also peace out with Two Sicilies. They give me 466 ducats, reclaim some claims on the Balkans and they cut all their relations ties with Serbia.

June, all his money was belong to us.
SpqVuFT.jpg

Also, bloody Americans.

July, I don’t care about me relations with nations who aren’t the Pope. This option will give me at least some money.
ZqfpFji.jpg

August, and with that entire NA is colonised, well apart from some frozen island north of/in the Hudson bay.
LbMSMxU.jpg

I don’t really like Brandenburg, but they shouldn’t inbreed so much.
dNoIxRH.jpg

I also get an event that the American revolution failed. Off course it failed, NA will be New Lotharingia and NL only.

January, I think I broke Spain.
0AMBZ0Q.jpg

February, naval tech 38. I want to reach 42 before I build a new navy, because than I can build Twodeckers. It looks like tech level 39 will come in December.

Well, I wanted to turn my maintenance down, but this just asks to be used.
yD0xo5g.jpg

What are you doing Leon? Those southern provinces will just get swarmed next time there's a war and you wont be able to hold them. I see that MEIOU somehow recognised you as the Papal Controller/Sponsor/whatever.

Border fraction... the doom of most of Europe...
I long for the old good 'Border Dispute' event.
I long for it too, oh well, border friction will have to do.

What are you doing Leon? Those southern provinces will just get swarmed next time there's a war and you wont be able to hold them. I see that MEIOU somehow recognised you as the Papal Controller/Sponsor/whatever.
Or just plain good old rebels will take them. Yup, MEIOU sees that the only reason the Pope has money at all is because I give him so much gifts and got half of the cardinals.

Awesome, a North America that is all united ready to secede :p
Interesting that the Europeans are still challenging your rightful place as the first among some less than
equals
If this was EUIV and they would be in 1 coalition against me.. they might have a chance. It's just waiting now until I have all of Europe. It could be that the game is over before I can do that however.

Chapter LII: Border friction, I have a feeling this won’t be the last time.

February 1695
Let’s get this going all over the world.
q9MGxKD.jpg

March, Denmark wants out (they’ve got a rebel problem) and the army of Siena is no more. Those two brown provinces of Firenze are overseas for them, so I hope they’ll defect.
6bH5Igc.jpg

I wanted to accept the white peace offer from Denmark, but that was before I noticed that they have a province on the southern tip of India. There are some really nice resources in that neighbourhood, and it would be a nice stepping stone towards China.

At the end of the month Firenze makes peace with Chibchaya, forcing them to release Quito. Quito now only has Firenze as ally and the Inca’s as defender of the faith, but as the Inca’s are busy getting conquered by the British and I’m already at war with Firenze..

April, the Maya’s are angry.
bcS0vVW.jpg

June, I didn’t pay attention and lost 5k to Firenze in Quito. Time to get more troops in the neighbourhood. Another new 20k army it is.

I broke Bohemia too, Poland had almost completely occupied them.
uwU7oRJ.jpg

This isn’t overkill at all >_>
9Hee4PK.jpg

The assault is won on the 13th.

Siena begs for white peace, declined off course.

August, Firenze wants white peace too, guess what.

December, naval tech 39 and my army lands in South-India, to find a 23k Danish army there. I know where my 6/6/2/3 general is needed. 18k vs 23k, my übergeneral vs their King (3/3/2/5), landtech 43 vs 37 and WE 0 vs 5.27. this will be an interesting fight.

January, blasted.
dsL4k7x.jpg

I need more soldiers there. Oh well, I had planned to invade there anyway. So more troops is more better.

February, shiny!
uAREmv3.jpg

It’ll last until 1716

April, you should council me about that council.
5ujidLH.jpg

I get border friction with Serbia, but our truce ends in 3 years, so that friction won’t be long enough.

August, I win the siege of Harun Canar and demand peace. More colonial borders with the British.
f6KLRbg.jpg

Oh no, the prestige.
WMSLQFL.jpg

It’s not like I’ll never regain it (with +14.9%/year) and the other option would give me -1 stab, so yeah.

September, that church council finally takes place. I send a missionary who does a bro-shake with the Pope.

November, naval tech 40, I can now build Chebeck galleys.

March, listen to me old man.
p0Cl5bP.jpg

April, time to try to kill the Danes in India.. again.

May, that’s better, although the Pope will have to do without my money it seems.
4oLxbUj.jpg

The Pope still needs my council on his council though. A general church council begins, I lose a missionary and get +5 relations with.. Spain.

June, finally, the first siege in Siena is won (Fràra).

July, Mantùa follows.

October, naval base 41. All my naval base belong to me!

January, I win the siege of Ostmark. I’ll wait for my infamy to drop before I annex Austria.

October, yup I broke Spain.
lTfMaHS.jpg

The cleansing of heresy is because the M..something rebels took their capital. Speaking of Spain, we have no truce any more.. I move some troops around.

I need some more new general too, some have succumbed to death by winning too much. One of the new ones is 6/6/2/5, oh yeah.

November, now with all the techs right I need money to finance a new 100 ship fleet. I actually need that much to get my tariffs to 1005 again as they are at 67.7% atm. Two or three months of minting it is. That will increase the size of my navy by about 50% if they are done. I start by building dozens of Two-Deckers.

January, with enough money for a whole lot ships I start to invest in land tech again.

April, with just over a 100k on the border. Time for colonial war again.
J0ooc2A.jpg

This is operation clean-up 1.5.

May, Brazil joins the Spanish side, this leads to half of South America being against me.
bQVM66R.jpg

October, my first step in India. Which gives me a new CB too.
UjL1qjq.jpg

Madurai was converted to Catholic be either Spain or Two Sicilies somewhere in the past. I will not lose it when I conquer it. This was a nice way to get into India without having to start any wars without CB.

That leads to
nNAUHt6.jpg

That +20% is HUGE, and as Portugal is in the war I’m actually working on that mission. It will lead to 300 more ducats per month.

November, not that much big fights in this war. The number of sieges is over 30 and there are like 5 or 6 fronts (counting Mexico as 2, 1 for the North part and the isolated provinces as 2nd)

Sicily want white peace, declined. I want their colonies in Mesoamerica. You’re part of the business that has to be cleaned up.

December. To close the 17th century, a nice peace deal with Denmark.
GU7ktQC.jpg

Not a bad deal for only blockading them. On the right you can see all the sieges, including the hostile ones.

February, my diplomat dies and I recruit a new one, a 5-star. I just never get a 6-star advisor. :(

I also pass the Joint-Stock Companies act.
qMhF3c4.jpg

The more expensive merchants are nothing compared to the +2% trade efficiency. For that 2% is enough to send 20-30 merchants to COTs, per month.

April, I win two sieges, one of them was quite long. Time for peace with Portugal. Mostly to get another player out the war. For I know it will defect, but I just want them out. The money is nice too.
HY4tDjZ.jpg

June, I win the siege of Castilla la Vieja, again, and reach land tech 44 (+0.15 morale) 7 years ahead of schedule. Aragon also declared war on Spain. An indirect buddy for kicking Spain down.

After some ‘save this’ or ‘blockade that’ missions I get the mission to conquer the Inca’s. Sure, I’ll do that, perhaps even during the war with Spain, as they have to army left in northern South America.

EDIT, this was as far as I played before EUIV came out. I don't know when the next update will be.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see a huge scale Revolt in USA