• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How are you planning to represent the authority of the Shogunate? Perhaps you could use some of the Religious Head mechanics?

I'm interested on how you'll implement the relationship between the Emperor and the Shogunate. Religious Head mechanics sound like they would fit well, actually. Also, the Emperor could be something along the line of an important titular Ducal title like the Caliphs, thus having some limited powers.

How are you planning to represent the authority of the Shogunate? Perhaps you could use some of the Religious Head mechanics?

I'm interested on how you'll implement the relationship between the Emperor and the Shogunate. Religious Head mechanics sound like they would fit well, actually. Also, the Emperor could be something along the line of an important titular Ducal title like the Caliphs, thus having some limited powers.

We have no plan by now, but maybe will try with normal crown authorities at first. We can represent the Ashikaga as the central government with the Hosokawa (Kanrei) and other small clans. It means, unlike Nobunaga's ambition series, the Shogun will control rather a large territory (4-5 provinces), but their own demesne will be very small. So if the Shogun failed to maintain the good relationship with his strongest retainer (Hosokawa), they will loose the power in central Japan.

Maybe other daimyo can get special Bakufu titles or CBs by good opinion with the Shogun. Increasing the relationship is easily doable with a chancellor's job. This mechanic will suite for the Emperor too.

Here is a new screen shot.

tohoku.png

These colors are based on Japanese traditional ones.
We can't replace all of graphics in vanilla, but I will try to change them with Japanese taste.

I like the fact that you try to reflect naming tendencies. What colors will be used in the mod? I love the idea of using Japanese traditional ones.

What colors will be used in the mod? I love the idea of using Japanese traditional ones.

First, I decide a color for each region (Tohoku is green etc.). Then, I will choose traditional colors for kingdoms from this site. The colors of duchies and counties are variations of them.

Given how short the Sengoku Jidai is in comparison to CK2's normal timeframe, are you planning to have denser events, or a timescale going up to the Boshin War, possibly?

well done there noir! i'm afraid i'm no good with translating and researching, you guys have better sources and more information than i do. but if you still require of officer and clan placements , i am willing to help.

on a different note, regarding the traditional characters in clans, will it be possible, for different branches of the clan to have different traditional character? also will that be in effect when it comes to the ruler designer? personally, i'd rather not mess with the ruler designer, but i might add characters manually so i am curious about that.

and the map looks gorgeous by the way ^^
The tenacity of the Japanese Paradox fanbase continues to impress me -- if only we English speakers had a similarly dedicated fanbase for Koei's games...

i don't think that its the tenacity that english/western players lack when it comes to koei, its just that most of their NA and RTK games are on playstation, and as far as i know, you can't patch or modify it, on the other hand, the few titles that got a PC release, there have been some modifications and some translation patches.

Given how short the Sengoku Jidai is in comparison to CK2's normal timeframe, are you planning to have denser events, or a timescale going up to the Boshin War, possibly?

I will try to make conquest within 100 years possible. Since the Shogunate (Empire in game) covers all of Japan, it isn't too hard to conquer the entire land after you become the Shogun.

on a different note, regarding the traditional characters in clans, will it be possible, for different branches of the clan to have different traditional character? also will that be in effect when it comes to the ruler designer? personally, i'd rather not mess with the ruler designer, but i might add characters manually so i am curious about that.

I am afraid that it isn't possible. Technically speaking, names aren't exactly defined by clans, but "cultures" in each region.
Thanks for the offer by the way. :) Please test the mod and comment after the official release!

Last edited:
We have completed to put every province in game.

kagee.png

It means, we can release ver.0.1 when all research of historical set up is finished. :)

Oooooh, nice! Especially that portrait! It looks like pretty cool! I'm assuming you're implementing something other than the default CK2 portraits?

That's all of my implementation. :D I have no skill of painting, so all I can do is making a few male and female shadow portraits.

If only I could draw for feck! I'd love to see some ukiyo-e style portraits for the Japanese! Ah, well, a man can dream.

While Ukiyoe was a later style (17 and 18th century), I would see historical portraits of daimyos. :)

I have asked CrackdToothGrinto draw Japanese (Eastasian) portraits and sent some pictures, but got no response until today. Maybe he is busy on his project.

I know this is probably against the rules, but couldn't you somehow extract the Sengoku portraits and build on them?

There are three problems.
1. Legal issue: I am not sure about the copy right issue as you mentioned.
2. Technical issue: portraits of Sengoku are smaller than these of CK2. If I adjust (enlarge) them, the quality of portraits will be bad.
3. Aesthetic issue: I don't like them. :p From the eye of a Japanese, I can't tell you where they come from. Their faces just have typical characteristic of "Asians by the Western view" (eyes, hairstyles etc.), but I can't say whether they are Japanese, Korean or Chinese.