• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stop forcing your 'love for ponies' on everyone else, you are nothing more than furries with a moe-fetish.

Bloodmerchant, please read the forum rules:

3. {Respect, not Harassment} You will at all times respect and refrain from harassing and/or personally attacking other users or Paradox staff. You will respect the rights of other users to have their own opinions. You will not use expressions that are considered foul, vulgar, sexually harassing, racially offensive or in any way discriminatory. These expressions include, but are not limited to, Sexist language, ethnic slurs, hate speech and religious epithets. Whether an expression fits under this definition will be determined by Paradox staff at the time.

4. {No Trolling} You will not make posts that are inflammatory with the perceived intent to rile people up (i.e. "trolling" and "flaming" are prohibited).

I would suggest other people intending to post in this thread because they are somehow offended by the concept of a mod based on a cartoon they don't like or believe they would like also pay attention to those rules, before mods have to get involved.

Like so?

twizmp9r.png
IS IT...ALIVE?

If you've got any source files to work from, please, send them over so the workshopping can begin. This mod is way later than it should be~

I guess having a general idea for the mod would be a good idea

like do we

Just put Equestia (and whatever other "Kingdoms" we want) somewhere in Europe (like the vicky 2 mod) and if we do that where?

Do what the Kingdom of Gensokyo mod does and make a new island someplace to put Equestia (maybe even extend the map west a bit to have more room)

Or do what A Game of Thrones, Elder Kings and the like done and go for a Total Conversion.

I guess the ideal thing would be make like the Gensokyo´s mod, and put a new island, where Equestria (and maybe some Buffalo or Gryphon nation too) are located.

Would play.

Ayeshteni

IS IT...ALIVE?

If you've got any source files to work from, please, send them over so the workshopping can begin. This mod is way later than it should be~
Currently I just got some basic graphics files for female ponies (both unicorns and non-unicorns), and some quickly made cultures and religions. So nothing too fancy. Not to mention I am not really an artist... Either way, I guess I will give the graphics for male ponies and the princesses a go next to get the portraits out of the way.
Either way, I can upload what I got if you guys want to check it out. Any suggested upload sites? Preferably something I do not have to sign up to.

my oh my if such a suggestion brings the haters out of the woodwork. Such a mod would not quite be my cup of tea, but this threads continued growth and presence on the first page of the sub forum could certainly testify to a interest for a mod of this kind.

Interested.

I have ideas for ancient Equestrian history that might be relevant to a dynastic feudal simulator. Modern canon Equestria would be problematic in terms of fun thanks to the immortal princesses and the non-feudal governmental structure (so far as we can tell), but we have indications that the unicorns of early Equestrian history operated along CK2 lines. Start the timeline three thousand years ago, make Equestria a patchwork of different pony states, and throw in the potential for things like the rise of Discord or the Princesses, and we might have something interesting.

Oh my Princess Celestia, yes.

This sounds like an awesome idea, but I do wonder how possible it would be to mix it with feudal Europe. For one thing, there's three distinct types of Ponies (without even counting in the possibility of Griffons, Zebra and Buffalo); does CK2 even have any possible way to do racial traits, let alone how to deal with armies with mixed-races? Any quadruped army should move much, much faster than an all-human army, while Pegasus Pony-and-griffon armies should move stupidly swiftly and basically ignore all terrain except oceans - to say nothing of the fact that, since Pegasi control weather, and Unicorns have the power of magic, they should pretty much dominate any human army they fight, up to and including the potential for an all-Pegasus army of comparable size to just route a human army without taking casualties with thunderbolts whilst flying far higher than any archers can shoot, to say nothing of the effects they could have during a siege, both as defenders (good luck getting your bowstrings and catapults to work in non-stop torrential downpour, let alone actually trying to assault the castle through a field of muck,) and attackers (non-stop rain and lightning-strikes will have a pretty deleterious effect on the morale of defending garrisons.)

And that's just one pony type, albiet the one with the most consistently warfare-applicable powers. Individual, exceptional unicorns can be much, much more dangerous on the scale of warefare than a pegasus pony army, but most non-exceptional unicorns will be much less effective, if for no other reasons than that, being ground-bound, they're within range of human archery and foot/mounted attacks.

I love the idea, but until the game is capable of handling such distinction, I don't see it working out too well. Plus, I imagine Ponies would probably have to count as more than one human for purposes of supply (they're large quadrupeds, they need more to eat.) I'm not sure the game is, at-present, moddable enough to really take into account the kind of magic that Equstrian ponies are capable of, or even the simple fact that an all-Pegasus Pony army could fly across all of Europe in like, two months and would be very, very hard for humans to even hope to hurt - they can literally wage war by just sitting on top of clouds and kick lightning and rain out of them, so the only times they'd be remotely at risk is when they land on the ground to eat. Short of getting the Wizard Merlin to lend out, mortal humanity would be literally helpless against this kind of warfare. It may not be a very efficient way to kill, but it would certainly be devastating to morale.

This is all, of course, to say nothing of the impossibility of a human army laying siege to a cloud city. The only way they could hurt them would be indirectly, by attacking the Earth Ponies who provide them with food.....

I'm starting to see why in the past, the Pegasus Ponies were the warrior culture.

Reactions:
How about the Mongols get replaced by a horde of brightly coloured Ponies hellbent on spreading Love and Tolerance everywhere?

That'd actually be a hilarious mod that replaces the Aztecs in the new DLC.

Pegasi weather control would not be able to work in Europe (like it does not work in Everfree Forest) even then it seems that they have to get right down near to ground to "aim" the thunderbolts.

Bar Twilight Sparkle and Shining we have not seen any more exceptional unicorns even the (unicorn) guards just hold a spear.

there this going to be a lot of abstraction and handwaveing for gameplay (they likely just catch some equine disease and nearly all die "realistically")

Pegasi weather control would not be able to work in Europe (like it does not work in Everfree Forest) even then it seems that they have to get right down near to ground to "aim" the thunderbolts.

Bar Twilight Sparkle and Shining we have not seen any more exceptional unicorns even the (unicorn) guards just hold a spear.

there this going to be a lot of abstraction and handwaveing for gameplay (they likely just catch some equine disease and nearly all die "realistically")

Well, in a blender type mod that's always what you'd have to do. I mean, if you look at the Touhou mod, I'd be hard pressed not to give any type of youkai culture VAST military advantages over humans, but it's not done because the gameplay modification needed would be impossible and/or clunky as hell and hard to implement. Basically - we handwave the stuff that's too boring or too complicated as unnecessary, and focus on the more important stuff here. Namely, ensuring ponies can into CK2 at all, and that they'd be there with some level of perhaps not realism, but at least immersion. That's the big deal here. Immersion.

One way I can think of doing this hierarchy-wise would be to initially set up Luna and Celestia with the (Immortal) trait, and possibly make Equestria itself (on the top tier title at least) a theocracy or republic if we want to avoid them being playable (otherwise do w/e). Then do like Islam and make Celestia the Caliph/Pope/Whatever of "Harmony" or whatever we call the Equestrian state religion.
For events, I at least want to make a possible event chain to create the New Lunar Republic (or, again, Theocracy/Monarchy or whatever depending on what we want). If Celestia invokes tyranny or impopularity among her vassals, or the Nobles start plotting against her (or maybe she gets imprisoned by someone), Luna attempts to take power in a series of events when she gathers supports from the counts and dukes of the realm. Depending on Celestia's response and relations with Luna, she might relinquish power willingly, but there's also the possibility of there being a schism and the two falling out with each other, leading to Luna starting her own (heretic?) variant of Harmony and becoming the head of that, alongside her claiming her new realm title (NLR or such).

I do however wish to see how a full Equestria mod would play out. Presumably you'd have griffins and changelings and buffs and all the things everywhere... Just a thought :)

Hmm, maybe we could use map of America, as Equestria is actually based on it. There are mods with such, just need to ask for. Then the main problem would be graphics, if there would be someone with right know-how who might do this...

Another question would be, how to represent the Elements of Harmony - titular title? But the Mane-6 would need to be courtiers in Canterlot or have it's own landed titles...

Maybe we could do something different - remember that winter story about how Equestria was founded? Maybe start from it, so before Luna and Celestia, before Discord, etc. It was just after the harmony was established, so it might even be broken... How do you think?

how Equestria was founded?

[video=youtube;wgBZ_SnAuk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBZ_SnAuk4&feature=related[/video]

Now, seriously, I find the idea pretty good. Set the mod before the serie, before Celestia´s rule. Some fragmented bunch of pony (and buffalos, and griphons!) kingdoms, duchies, and so, would be cool.

Con, we won´t be able to write an AAR as Pinkie Pie :(

Hmm, maybe we could use map of America, as Equestria is actually based on it. There are mods with such, just need to ask for. Then the main problem would be graphics, if there would be someone with right know-how who might do this...

Another question would be, how to represent the Elements of Harmony - titular title? But the Mane-6 would need to be courtiers in Canterlot or have it's own landed titles...

Maybe we could do something different - remember that winter story about how Equestria was founded? Maybe start from it, so before Luna and Celestia, before Discord, etc. It was just after the harmony was established, so it might even be broken... How do you think?

I'd imagine something like the Kingsguard in the GoT mod--six ponies with a trait, and when one dies or becomes disqualified from bearing the element (the Bearer of Honesty gains the Deceitful trait, for example), another is chosen by event based on their traits and stats (so a Gregarious pony might become the new Bearer of Laughter, and that sort of thing).

If I had my druthers, I'd go with a total conversion mod with a map of Equestria based on North America, m'self. Taking the Touhou mod's approach would work and would allow for more canon characters, but may also be more of a headache in terms of how the game plays out and would just be sillier overall (not that silliness is really a thing you can avoid in this case).

On species lines: Ponies, fortunately, can intermarry pretty freely. If possible, one might set it up so that earth/pegasus/unicorn ponies are distinguished by an inheritable trait, with a child having a 50% chance of inheriting the trait of their mother or their father (this ignores the weird genetics that come from more distant ancestors, but that's acceptable for now). Of course, ponies shouldn't be able to intermarry with griffins or buffaloes, let alone humans. Zonies (zebra/pony hybrids) are possible but infertile in real life; don't know if we'd want that to be the case in-game as well.

I woul not say Equestria is based off of America due to the fact that the map we currently have of it does not look like America.
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...2/Map_of_Equestria_online_version_2012-08.jpg

Also I believe Equestria may be multiple islands due to there being a town named Trottingham. I do support this mod since I love my little pony and have been waiting for someone to suggest or make this mod for a while now. I think it should start with three separate countries like in the hearth warming eve episode, the pegasi, earth pony and unicorns. Also Equestria should probably be an empire level title you can make only if you hold all three of the kingdom titles of the three original pony kingdoms.

Also I think ponies should gain a trait while married to a human that greatly decreases their fertiality due to the species boundries. I know really there should be no chance of children but I can't help but feel that is a little boring and for fun sakes perhaps should be overlooked slightly.