• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unsure what to add, possibly events based on the level of martial? (i.e. a bad marshal has the potential to learn from a good marshal if they are both leading flanks in the same battle? Granted I have no idea how to check for that one specifically. Or perhaps a diligent education tier 1 marshal could have the potential of progressively increasing his martial based on victorious sieges etc.)

Unsure what to add, possibly events based on the level of martial? (i.e. a bad marshal has the potential to learn from a good marshal if they are both leading flanks in the same battle? Granted I have no idea how to check for that one specifically. Or perhaps a diligent education tier 1 marshal could have the potential of progressively increasing his martial based on victorious sieges etc.)
There is one combat event that increases Martial education actually.

There is one combat event that increases Martial education actually.

I remember seeing it, wasn't sure if it was vanilla or not though lol. Any idea what the ID is?

EDIT: NVM found it pretty quickly. Now can anyone remind me how factor works in this case (using this code snippet)

Code:
	mean_time_to_happen = {
		days = 1
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			trait = brave
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			trait = craven
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = genius
			factor = 1.2
		}

Does it add these up, or take the highest value? What does factor translate into for % chance?

The higher the factor the more common the event is. This applies to all 'pulse' events.
Whenever a pulse happens, any invalid events are eliminated, then the factors are calculated. Then the chance is the individual factor divided by the total factor. Do note that the MTTH factors are multiplied with the pulse factor.

I think I understood that, so let's say using my previously given example a character is both brave and a genius, then the chance is (1.5+1.2)/3 = 0.9 = 90%?

I think I understood that, so let's say using my previously given example a character is both brave and a genius, then the chance is (1.5+1.2)/3 = 0.9 = 90%?
Where's that three from? And it'd be 1.5*1.2, not plus.

You may disregard it then as I obviously did not understand it at all (>,>) (was supposed to the total number of possibilities). This is probably why I have been staying away from event scripting for as long as there is a lack of documentation from PI.

You may disregard it then as I obviously did not understand it at all (>,>) (was supposed to the total number of possibilities). This is probably why I have been staying away from event scripting for as long as there is a lack of documentation from PI.
Right, lets say you've got a pulse, which can trigger two different events, each with a factor of 1.
Now, due to the MTTH, one of the events gets a factor of 2, while the other remains at 1. The total factor is now 3, with the first event having a 2/3 chance of happening, and the second a 1/3 chance.
Does that make sense?

For non-pulse events though, a lower factor makes the event more common.

That makes more sense, yeah. I'll have too look into other mods I think for a better understanding granted but a good start nonetheless. Now to figure out lots of other things... another time :p

Thanks for the insight

New version is out.

-updated to CK2Plus 1.25
-updated for Balansegang
-decreased the overall effects of the modifier to account for the changes in martial skill and training importance introduced in 1.06

Now we can see where we can go from here.

Last edited:
New version is out.

-updated to CK2Plus 1.25
-updated for Balansegang
-decreased the overall effects of the modifier to account for the changes in martial skill and training importance introduced in 1.06

Now we can see where we can go from here.
Great to see you back and the mod of course. I think if you want to improve the mod that's fine but if you plan on expanding it please don't these small mods are perfect so anything new just ad as a separate mod pretty please:p

Great to see you back and the mod of course. I think if you want to improve the mod that's fine but if you plan on expanding it please don't these small mods are perfect so anything new just ad as a separate mod pretty please:p
It is entirely possible to both expand upon it and keep compatibility. Adding events for example would not hurt compatibility in any way, as they can simply use namespaces to ensure compatibility.

It is entirely possible to both expand upon it and keep compatibility. Adding events for example would not hurt compatibility in any way, as they can simply use namespaces to ensure compatibility.
It is not compatibility I am worried about it is more if it gets complex and larger that the ability to pick and choose what I and others might like gets hampered by the size. I would rather have lots of small mods with one major overhaul like Yours than a couple of big mods where I don't like half of what's in it. Mind you I would never say no to more events;) But maybe some other would so at events as a separate mod and everybody's happy.

I'll not do anything drastic, have no fear.

True.

It is not compatibility I am worried about it is more if it gets complex and larger that the ability to pick and choose what I and others might like gets hampered by the size. I would rather have lots of small mods with one major overhaul like Yours than a couple of big mods where I don't like half of what's in it. Mind you I would never say no to more events;) But maybe some other would so at events as a separate mod and everybody's happy.

I really have only minor things in mind. One slightly larger, but I still have to see if I can implement it.

I dont see it working for som? i have it loaded at launcher? 1.06b?

Care to elaborate a bit? I have had no reports of it not working from anyone so far.

Doesnt seem to work for me. The way I am testing it is choosing a duke with 3 vassal counts and chancing martial with character creator.

Starting the game with martial 22 or 2 gives me the same levies.

I am running this with balansegang.

Also to make sure I am doing it right I have both mods separate on the \mod folder and I am clicking them both at game launch. Or am I supposed to merge them on the \mod folder?

Edit: also tried testing it by changing martial value during game with the console and again no change to max number of levies available from vassals

Last edited:
Doesnt seem to work for me. The way I am testing it is choosing a duke with 3 vassal counts and chancing martial with character creator.

Starting the game with martial 22 or 2 gives me the same levies.

I am running this with balansegang.

Also to make sure I am doing it right I have both mods separate on the \mod folder and I am clicking them both at game launch. Or am I supposed to merge them on the \mod folder?

Edit: also tried testing it by changing martial value during game with the console and again no change to max number of levies available from vassals

Okay, will look into it. I remember testing it and it worked with Balnsegang perfectly.