• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Everyone's always posting these nice screen shots showing 1/2 the world or even all the world. I can't zoom out much past the size of Europe. How do you zoom that far back? I'm in HTTT, is this a new DW capability or something? It drives me crazy that I can't zoom out farther.

Everyone's always posting these nice screen shots showing 1/2 the world or even all the world. I can't zoom out much past the size of Europe. How do you zoom that far back? I'm in HTTT, is this a new DW capability or something? It drives me crazy that I can't zoom out farther.

Hit F12 while in the game. It will save a screen shot map like the ones above in the screenshot folder of your EUIII game.

F11 takes a screen of the standard game screen. F12 takes a shot of the entire world. Shift+F12 takes a shot of the entire world with only you and your vassals.

The Ottomans successful? No Spain over Africa? Manchu became China? Japan formed? Very, very wierd.

UK gobbled up Spain's North African empire, but I prevented the latins from moving further east into Egypt. Ming took over almost all of Manchu, not sure why it switched (in mid 1600s) I guess it must have been an inheritance. Ottomans were taking a beating from the latins early on, I intervened and kicked the British and Spanish out of Anatolia, sold the provinces I took to my (then) Ottoman allies, after about 1600 they did fine on their own. Not only did Japan form, it formed as a Catholic, Holy Roman Japan.

Last edited:
Since no one is going, I suppose I can begin dumping my enormous amount of screen shots. Of course, only the 1/8th of them that were taken with Steam.

Any who, seen here is my German Empire, and the Largest AI Borders award. I can find. I'm pretty sure I have one from another game where it is even larger.
590972CBD1F808932B889162D16C9258F29A0858

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My modest Silesian empire. I wouldn't be posting it if not for...

(Screenies are a little off, but...)Vassals are Brandanburg, Anhalt,Pommerania, Brunswick and Bohemia. PUs are on Mecklengburg, Thuringa and Bavaria. Pretty close to become Emperor, too. Never actually wanted a vassal empire, but... there you go. Hungary is my main threat, though has also saved my ass a few times. Austria is annoying too, I think I vassal them next.

Picture one if from before Bohemia was a vassal; sorry about the confusion. They have been torm apart by Hungary/Bavaria and Austria for a few years; it was only a matter of using the Excommunicated ruler CB and dragging all my other vassals/PUs into the war :)

I believe you are correct. I should stop being so gullible now.

Where have you been all day Gela? I was kept inside all day, and had no one to troll the forums with.

I was out on the beach. It should be known how devoted I am though, as I am here while also on vacation. (Not that there's much to do at 11 o'clock at night..)

Brunswick -> Germany.
115573717-4.jpg

Nice borders, right? ;) The borders with the Ottomans, Lithuanians, and Swedes were naturally beautiful, and I spent the last 10 years or so tidying up my Western border, as well as annexing French minors and selling the land to France so it wouldn't look so messy.

Interesting points that I can remember:
Started the game doing solely PUs and inheritances to avoid the unlawful territory penalty, but then I got antsy, left the HRE, and went on a conquering spree. Formed Germany, took the cored land, and expanded east, before going west.

At one point in the game, a small Savoy-led HRE formed, and I promptly destroyed it (I had already left long ago). First time I've ever seen the HRE form.

The Ottomans were gone most of the game, and Aragon was actually over most of Anatolia, before revolts crippled them. They finally came back in the mid-1700s.

Great Britain was really powerful early on, owning much of France and Scandinavia, before collapsing due to the dishonorable scum status they received. That's actually Hainaut (purple) and Cornwall (pink) in west England, and Castille in south Scotland/north Ireland.

Iraq was once massive, covering all of Arabia and a bit of Egypt, before falling to Castilian invasions.

Ming once stretched from China to the Urals, before collapsing entirely. Qin, however, reclaimed much of land later.

Russia expanded southwest to India, instead of west into Siberia.

Very fun game, my first in Europe in DW. Cascading alliances are very annoying, but I like the change. Makes you rethink your whole strategy.

Continuing my Silesia game:

Got into a war with half of the german states- Vassalised half of the german states. Then became HRE and beat up Poland; freeing Mazovia, TE and Lithuania. Claimed the throne and got a PU with Hungary. Just recently (After this was taken) beat up Austria and realeased a few states. I'm actually three decisions for forming the HRE, not sure if I will though. There would be no one to face me. No one to really face me now, other then the M'lukes and maybe France.

EU3_8.jpg

Trying to do a world conquer and had some strange luck. I never played a mayor power before (previous games were, holland/minamoto/hansa/pommerania)
Force PU'd aragon, france, england and scotland in the first 20 years. I defeated england by first PU'in scotland and planted my entire army in edinburg.
When england scotland and aragon got inherited, i got overextention (i dont core for some reason) and i had a lot of infamy because i had "Italian ambition" so i decided to do some diplo.
I diplo-PU lithuania and norway, which was awesome and i inherited 2 german states. I also took venice and antwerpen FOR THE COTS!!

Ow and the middle east has been that way for about 20 years. First ottomans occupied everything in mamluk... both got insane exhaustian, and then everybody is occupying both of them.
It ruins my middle east expansion.