Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One question: How are you organising your fleets? Can I find it earlier in the thread? (I am slowly getting through it but 70 pages are a lot to get through)

At the moment, we only have six warships (1 x CL-M and 5 x DD-G), so we've got them all in one fleet. Within two or three months we should have three more CL-Ms, and can then start laying down Light Carriers. Once we are up to four Carriers, I was thinking of splitting the Fleet into two squadrons... one of (2 x CVL, 2 x CL-M, 3 x DD-G) and one of (2 x CVL, 2 x CL-M, 2 x DD-G).

Groombridge being their homeworld is something we considered possible since day one, I think.
We just can't be sure though. I don't think we ever came so close to have a good thermal evaluation of their planet.
Or they're close behind and they just intend to make it their natural expansion (or even already had a colony there).

Guys, I had a thought, what if Goombridge is the Charlie's home planet, because how did the unjumpable military ships get there?

>implying military ships can't have jump drives

>implying the Charlies can't build jump gates

nope.jpg

It looks like it is more work keeping track of all paradoxians as it is playing the game...

It's crazy, yes.

Our largest Civilian shipyard has finished re-tooling for Expedition-class jump-capable Troop Transports, and two of them have begun construction, to join the three Venture-class non-jump-capable Troop Transports already under construction. Recruitment of additional Ground Troops continues.

Blue Emu: Do you have any comment on the discussion back in page 76 about your system maps and possible colonized world (Lack of cyan rings on cyan spot system)?

Blue Emu: Do you have any comment on the discussion back in page 76 about your system maps and possible colonized world (Lack of cyan rings on cyan spot system)?

The cyan rings around Earth and Procyon represent established colonies. The dark blue ring around that other system supposedly represents an Earth-like world available for colonization... but there is no Earth-like (better than class-2) world in that system. What might be going on is that the world in that system is category 1.99 or something... so that it displays as class-2 in most displays, but as "better than class-2" for the map.

EDIT: We are now over +100 with the Charlies.

Last edited:
Ok, thank you for the explanation.
I must have some other display options selected then (In my game Cyan rings shows uncolonized world of colony cost 2-3).

Hurray, hopefully they can´t be to hostile if the relations improves.

Just a question, would it be a good idea to have asteroid and comet mining stations work like entrance level for planetary govenors just the same way the naval aux works for a navy career in a sort of official way? My character is eying up future colonies for himself and his career...

We have now built up a fuel dump on Dravar XV totaling 1,000,000 liters of space-fuel... all of it shipped in from Earth, since there is no Sorium-bearing gas giant in the Procyon system. Our scouts exploring to Widdershins (once the overhauls are completed) need no longer return all the way to Earth to refuel.

The colony also now has a quarter of a million industrial workers available (not counting those working in agriculture, life support and service industries), so we can start shipping in some factories and mines.

Just a question, would it be a good idea to have asteroid and comet mining stations work like entrance level for planetary govenors just the same way the naval aux works for a navy career in a sort of official way? My character is eying up future colonies for himself and his career...

Sure... that will give people an incentive to apply for jobs like running the civilian (Pratt Shipping and Mining) mining stations.

Taklagarn's Comet of the Platypus, which was well outside the orbit of Saturn when we first established out mines on it, has crossed Saturn's orbit and is headed inward toward the Sun, still launching a steady stream of refined ore Earthward with its mass driver. We should still have several years to mine it before it crosses the Solar System and recedes outward toward the Oort Cloud. We still have not received any word from the Geology team that was sent out more than a year ago to complete the survey of the Comet, only silence... could Taklagarn's reported "Giant Killer Pink Rabbit" be more than a figment of his diseased mind?

G_089_Comet.jpg

The three most-recently-built Stars have completed their overhaul, and are waiting for the rest of the fleet to finish their refit before going out on manoevers. The three new Attitude (CL-G) Cruisers will be completed this month. Our first Attitude was "Belligerent"... tentative names for the three new Attitudes are "Defiant", "Aggressive" and "Totally Pissed Off".

The first of the scouts has finished overhaul... the Geologist class Geo-Survey vessel ESN Gould under Commander TheExecuter. It's tempting to send it Widdershins, but perhaps we should check out that anomalous class-0 world reading in Gliese 687.

This kind of rampant defeatism makes my blood boil! :mad: We'll take on any and every alien species and kick their slimy, acid oozing asses to a different Galaxy if that's necessary! :mad: Install some goddamn buffer zone and we have to listen to that goddamn liberal wailing about how we should defend those damn charlies and whatnot. :mad:

I am in full agreement as this is sure what they plan for us. All the more reason to stirke as soon as our fleet is ready. The only buffer zone i would support would be a puppet govt of the charlies where they send us everything of value not nailed down.

I am in full agreement as this is sure what they plan for us. All the more reason to stirke as soon as our fleet is ready. The only buffer zone i would support would be a puppet govt of the charlies where they send us everything of value not nailed down.

As Fleet Logistics Officer you know very well we can´t afford a war at this point. The only proper way would be to put in more resources on survey operations and to establish more colonies and mining colonies in nearby star systems.

Astronomer class Grav-Survey vessel ESN Chandrasekhar under Commander von Sachsen has completed its overhaul and has been dispatched Widdershins to search for jump points in the Lutyen's Star system.

MSG ESN Gould @ Ross 248 to Fleet Ops Operations
Hot Flash Hot Flash
Charlies in Ross 248
One ship Thermal 2101 speed zero waiting for me at Sol jump point
Urgently advise you prepare fleet for action
Continuing toward Gliese 687 as ordered
- Cmdr The Executor out
MSG ends XXXXX

G_090_Charlies.jpg