• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very obvious, they are making the ultimate cards game ans are using Spanish Cards

Baraja-aces.jpg

Please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan! :(

Please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan, please don't be Japan! :(

Argh, too slow. You do not like Japan? Consider the advantages! The possibility of a world/Japan conquest will be considered a good design decision by everybody as it would reflect reality.

A Europa Universalis-like simulation of a fantasy world.

I can't wait to put dragons on big triremes, and show orcs what power projection and air superiority mean.
Yup. My immediate thought was a Swords-and-Sorcery strategic level fantasy game.

Argh, too slow. You do not like Japan? Consider the advantages! The possibility of a world/Japan conquest will be considered a good design decision by everybody as it would reflect reality.

Yes, but with the disadvantage of it being JAPAN! :(

It would be something about the dark ages or about Japan. The ancient world don't sell.

Time will prove me right.

They already made a game about the ancient world, and it sold well enough according to Johan himself:

Actually Rome did nowhere near "worse than average".. thats for titles like eu2, & diplomacy etc.. Rome is probably top 5 of our games of all times. (with eu3 and the hoi games).. And it still sells insanely good every month.

Sorry, EUR007, but i for one would love a pre-Edo Japan grand strategy game, hopefully encompassing also China and Korea, with the eastern expansion of the Mongols... kind of an eastern version of CK2 :p

So it's set sometime between the invention of the sword and the widespread adoption of gunpowder. Thanks for narrowing it down. :D

I'm gonna guess its Alexander's Conquests. Has serious selling potential, and the other options (dark ages and feudal japan) are boring as hell. if its not rome than what is more glorious than alexander conquering the known world, just saying.

I'm gonna guess its Alexander's Conquests. Has serious selling potential, and the other options (dark ages and feudal japan) are boring as hell. if its not rome than what is more glorious than alexander conquering the known world, just saying.

Except that Paradox earlier stated that Alexander is potential EU:Rome expansion material.

Dark Ages is extremely interesting! Are you trying to suggest that shaping world religions, forging a unique culture or defeating the Romans is NOT cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.