• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can also bring new allies into a war once it has begun, but only if you are the war leader.
Just to make sure, will the AI also use this feature? i.e. if I ally with an AI country that is already in a war will it call me in? If so, this would be useful when you are at war with a country which is also at war with another alliance; right now if you force-vassalize the country the other alliance can still take provinces or annex your vassal and nothing you can do about it without declaring war yourself. If in DW you can ally with your new vassal and then they call you into the other war you can protect them.

I like this personal union annexation mechanic.:) But I wonder: If I as Tiny Little Cologne(tm) get into a PU with France (as the leader of the PU ofc) and wants to annex, will I then be Huge Enormous Cologne(tm), or will I perhaps get the choice to become France + Cologne in the process?:)
You are assuming that huge France will not insult its way out fo the PU with Cologne. Still if you do somehow manage to maintain high relations with France and the French AI actually accepts the offer of annexation then you will be Cologne.
So you will need to do a culture shift, wait for the required cores, and form France with the existing decision. Makes sense.

maybe this has already been asked, but I read most of the thread and didn't see it.

does it cost a diplomat to call an ally to arms?
The screenshot seems to indicate that each ally has to/can be called in separately. Is that true?

Honestly I hope the answer to both is yes. Carefully constructed coalitions requiring significant diplomatic power = awesome.

The call to arms feature for offensive wars has been sorely missing and I'm glad it is finally here. I'm glad that you have left defensive wars as automatic to prevent having to call allies to offensive wars you don't want them a part of.

I like the addition of the diplo-annex for PUs too. On more than one occasion when I have had multiple PUs I have lost some when inheriting one of them and this will go some way to preventing that happening.

While I understand your reasons for not adding the much requested buy province feature I would like to add my name to those asking for the other much requested feature of give and take in peace deals as this was certainly historical.

p.s. If no Sikkim how about adding the Republic of Florence and a Tuscany formation decision as in CJL78's great Repubbica di Firenze Minimod

Last edited:
Can you tell me if there has been any change to the size of countries you can diplo-annex? It's currently limited to what, a maximum of 3 provinces? Personally, I think it would be great if you could annex a country larger than 3 provinces, provided that your own country was proportionally much larger.

Why is this? I have never heard of this.

In this thread, a member of the Paradox development team said:

"We have quite alot of interface improvements on the list."

Could we please hear about them? Thanks.

They completely overhauled the peace interface. There was a whole diary on it. In addition, they changed the way messages are recieved, as evidenced by most of the screenshots.

does it cost a diplomat to call an ally to arms?
The screenshot seems to indicate that each ally has to/can be called in separately. Is that true?

I second this question.

Is the call to arms in the diplomatic window the only way to call your allies to war, or is this just inviting someone to a pre-existing conflict?

I hope when you declare war, it comes up with a seperate box where you click the allies you want to call rather than having remember what countries you are allied with, finding them and clicking 3 times each country to call them to war.

While Divine Wind comes closer to completion we have been working hard on polishing and balancing the game. To this end we have started an office multiplayer game to give the game some serious in house testing. We identified a whole number of minor tweaks from the first session and these little things will add some nice polish to the game.
I love that this is what counts for "serious in house testing". Explains so much.

Why is this? I have never heard of this.

Because it doesn't exist. There's an economic size limit for diplovassalizing but no size limit of any type for diploannexation.

-Pat

I love that this is what counts for "serious in house testing". Explains so much.
They've been doing office multiplayer games as part of testing for years... I'm surprised this is the first time you've noticed it.

What is more serious than playing the game?
Real testing?

Playing the game is fine and all, but it's on a bug-per-hour basis, it's not a very good way of 'testing'. We've all played an EU3 expansion on launch day, and we've all found ourselves rushing to the forums to see if there's a beta patch out yet (and to their credit, Paradox does get the initial batch of fixes out the door very quickly). One can't help but wonder if the testing regimen being employed is not quite up to the task.

Real testing?

Playing the game is fine and all, but it's on a bug-per-hour basis, it's not a very good way of 'testing'. We've all played an EU3 expansion on launch day, and we've all found ourselves rushing to the forums to see if there's a beta patch out yet (and to their credit, Paradox does get the initial batch of fixes out the door very quickly). One can't help but wonder if the testing regimen being employed is not quite up to the task.

1: What is more real than actually playing the game?

2: It's a small group, so where are we getting the manpower to dedicate to this "real testing"?

3: Thousands of people playing the game (a.k.a testing its various limits) will always find more bugs than a 13 person* development team could possibly hope to find.

It is true that the testing is not up to the task, but you have to work with what you've got.

*Assuming everyone plays and not just the team for the expansion, as the latter case would just be 3 developers and Kallocain.

Sorry to be annoying, but you still haven't fixed the massive problem of Waterford not being a part of Leinster, never have being a part of Leinster, and almost certainly never going to be a part of Leinster. Please make Meath smaller, make its capital Tara or Trim, move Leinster north-east and give it Dublin or Wicklow as its capital, and please please please move its borders away from being the opposite side of the harbour to Cork city.