• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think that you don't become part of the HRE by just expanding into it, you have to become a member with the emperors decision, sure the provinces will be part of the HRE but I'm guessing they left the remove from hre decision in.

The only thing that changed is that when you decide to leave the HRE you can do so much easier and all your empire provinces with no core on will revert to the emperor.

Edit: Maybe they could add like a peace option to remove province from the empire if you are fighting against the emperor?

I see. Yes, that makes sense.

Man i shouldnt have thought about this, now i feel like there really should be a peace option to remove province from the empire when fighting the emperor. Then france could demand that the empire relinquishes claims on alsace-lorraine after the 30 year war. But then again it could do that with the province decision.

If you issue a call to arms to your ally and they refuse it, do they remain your ally? Or is the alliance broken?

Have you programmed it so that allies usually will accept a call to arms, or that it will be rare? Do they look at the current balance of strength between you and your enemies, or is it solely judged on their relations and trust with you?

Does joining an offensive alliance via call to arms cost infamy?

Not at all.
You've said that all or most of the province decisions will be gone, and that the leave the HRE decision will be replaced by this diplomatic move.
So if I play a nation outside the HRE, expanding into it, but not wanting to be a part of it, how will it work out?

To remove a province from the HRE via a province decision you cannot be a member of the HRE. To add a province the mechanic is unchanged. I cannot recall anything from any developer about changes to rules for moving your capital so I figured that that part especially must be some sort of joke.

If you issue a call to arms to your ally and they refuse it, do they remain your ally? Or is the alliance broken?

Have you programmed it so that allies usually will accept a call to arms, or that it will be rare? Do they look at the current balance of strength between you and your enemies, or is it solely judged on their relations and trust with you?

Nothing has changed with the mechanics of alliances. So dishnounering a call still ends the alliance. Call to arms still only cost stability. The AI logic for honouring calls is still pretty much the same.

Hmm.. They haven't said anything about it so it seems quite reasonable that they haven't changed it from how it works now. I see no reason why they should either.

EDIT: A bit too late. :p

Call Allies is great, but what about the other most sought after diplomacy addition, buy province? Will that be added, or is there some sort of feature that makes it not viable

To remove a province from the HRE via a province decision you cannot be a member of the HRE. To add a province the mechanic is unchanged. I cannot recall anything from any developer about changes to rules for moving your capital so I figured that that part especially must be some sort of joke.

Alright, thanks :)
No, I just used it as an example...

So, essentially you've made it easier for a member of the HRE to leave it. Will it be possible for electors to leave the Empire too?

Call Allies is great, but what about the other most sought after diplomacy addition, buy province? Will that be added, or is there some sort of feature that makes it not viable

There will be no buy province feature for two reasons, partly because the AI is rather poor at that kind of thing, but mainly because not much of that went on. Selling Bavaria so you can go and build more castles is more of a 19th century thing.

I really appreciate the call to arms, but the rest is mostly stuff that Paradox would have delivered threw patches in earlier days. No real complain that you want money, but the addon could need some more reasons to spend 15-20€.

My ranking of the diary stuff so far:

Buildings (DD5)
Trading (DD8)
New Map (DD1)
User Interface (DD7)
Call to Arms (Diplomacy, DD9)
China (DD3)
Japan (DD2)
Achievments (DD4)
Hordes (DD6)

I can't really rate how great the asian (Japan, China, Hordes) stuff will be at the end, but by the diaries I can only get the impression that the asian focus for this addon didn't really work. The Achievments, the enhanced Interface for negotiations etc. are nice but no sellers. Just the buildings and the trade seem to receive a real enhancement, am I the only one who expects a little bit more?

Don't get me wrong. I'll get Divine Wind for sure and (depending on the level of bugs and annoyance) will love EU3 even more than so far ... but I could be happier. ;)

Alright, thanks :)
No, I just used it as an example...

So, essentially you've made it easier for a member of the HRE to leave it. Will it be possible for electors to leave the Empire too?

Anyone but the Emperor can leave.

This would be hard since people could abuse it. At best "buy province" could only be done if you have 190+ relations with a country and that country "utterly trusts you". Plus the cost should be pretty expensive, perhaps x5 of what the province makes in a year.

Nothing is stopping you from making a deal outside the game mechanics and use the loan as a way to get it done. Just set the amount you want to loan to the other player, set the time to 1 months and interest to 1%. He refuses. He has agreed on the terms: what amount he will pay back and when. He will then at that time send you a loan on the amont, set the time to 1 month and interest to 1%. You refuses. Deal done.
Yes thats right . we doing that now but then you have extra interest when you taking a loan becouse you refuse to pay. so when you take a normal loan ( with option take a loan ) your interest is very high. so we have to modify the save games

I really appreciate the call to arms, but the rest is mostly stuff that Paradox would have delivered threw patches in earlier days.

I suppose we could of reduced the number of features in the expansion and shipped it sooner to get money in earlier and then add them in patches later. Then of course you would all be delieghted with the content in the patches and scored some points that way but I feel that is simply ripping you off.

I suppose we could of reduced the number of features in the expansion and shipped it sooner to get money in earlier and then add them in patches later. Then of course you would all be delieghted with the content in the patches and scored some points that way but I feel that is simply ripping you off.

Hehe, I knew that this part would catch your attention. ;)
But I would have appreciated it a bit more if you would have eased my worries about the diluted asian focus. The diaries only tell us that Japan mimicks the Empire, while China will concentrates mostly on itself. As mentioned, I can't rate how greatly you overworked those countries, thus I would love to hear more details on those.

OOoooo... I've been waiting for this since the release of EU3, Call to Arms! :D Marvelous!!!
It seems that all the threads and votes by the EU community on this topic finally paid off..

Ghent, a new province in my region :) it just keeps getting better and better.
Keep up the good work

Just a simple question:
Does the new diplo option to integrate a junior partner of PU also give cores on same culturegroup provinces?

Last edited: