• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would indeed prefer some decimal IC, resources and manpower in all provinces to having them empty. Is there any notable performance hit from that? I'd say I prefer having å replaced with plain a and ö with o instead of the ridiculous aa or oe (they look completely wrong for Finnish placenames at least, as they violate Finnish spelling/pronouncement rules, ruling that spelling and pronouncement should always be the same, in ethnically Finnish words).

EDIT: Then again the Finnish names are already fine. *facepalm*

Finnish rules need to be violated until your language is broken into more manageable chunks.

When your language has 2253 ways to say the same word, you're doing it wrong. :rofl:

I like it. The number of provinces is just right. Performance boost is always nice and distance calculations are necessary for realistic Pacific Theatre. I also like the fact that you take AI performance into account. Good job.

I just hope that we won't see many useless provinces with absolutely no resources, IC or even MP. Most of those regions are big enough to deserve at least some MP...

What will the next DD be about?

EDIT: Wow, Gibraltar will be a real fortress now...

good map, ewphoenix123,

just the location of Cologne and D'dorf are wrong. Düsseldorf is located north west of cologne, not in the east.

as for the english names, does that mean that Munster instead of Münster is WAD? - just because at least the english wiki meantions Münster and Munster seems to be an irish province.

keep it up
That would be one reason why one might use the Ü-ue, Å-Aa (or Ao, but generally not due to it looking wierder) Ä-Ae and Ö-Oe - the risk that just removing the dots makes the name identical to some other location. So it might be WAD, but it'd be a thing to consider changing, in any case... which they already might have done, given that this is not the first time this aspect of the map has been discussed here.

Really cool map !
Just a small name-problem on Italy's map. The province "Siracussa" (id 433) it's "Siracuse" in English or "Siracusa" in italian. Florence,Turin,Naples,Venice,Milan and Rome in italian are "Firenze","Torino","Napoli","Venezia","Milano" and "Roma", just 'cause all the rest of provinces are in italian language (like Alessandria).

RGDS.

Good DD, and a very nice map. I had hoped for a consistent "urban" label when it comes to provinces though, hence smaller urban provinces for all, and not just for some, major cities at the time.

Btw I would strongly recommend changing the province Vikersund in Norway to Hønefoss

Last edited:
I see you accidentally marked Åland with Swedish blue. But I like the increased detail for Finland. Maybe an extra province in southwestern Sortavala (not bordering the Soviet Union or Joensuu but bordering Mikkeli and Viipuri) to represent a historical encirclement of Soviet troops there in the Winter War? The Soviets got trapped there north of Ladoga when trying to attack the Mannerheim line further south from the rear.

I urge the dev team to pay attention to this! Entire corps of Soviet forces getting encircled in the thick Finnish forests, unable to use their numerical superiority, was one of the biggest reasons Finland survived the Winter War relatively intact. This was effectively impossible to do in HoI2 due to the large province sizes. The Soviets had to make it all the way to Oulu or Mikkeli to be able to get encircled, even though historically everything occured in border provinces. The map in HoI3 with its smaller provinces made this actually possible, but DH's map looks as bad as the one in HoI2.

Dammit Fernando I think I love you, no homo!

Golan has to be Quneitra.
Would hate to lose the name. Quneitra was abandoned during the six day war and is now uninhabited.
Israeli villages there are no good option either IMO.
The Golan should remain named Golan. Look at Malta, same thing there. There is no city called Malta, the capital is Valletta.

Looking at the Israel/Palestine area:

1013 "An Nasira", south of the golan is completely wrong. Google doesnt even know the term.
Try Acre (Akko), Nahariya, Tiberias, Safed, Karmiel...
For historical reasons i would chose Akko.

Its "Haifa" (1011), not "Hayfa" in English.

1010 (the Negev desert) has no name yet.
Try Eilat or Beersheba for that one.

Trablos (1018) is no english name, Tripoli is the right way to go.
The name Khalpe (1021) is way to old. I suggest the modern name Aleppo.

Last edited:
And what about Poland? I'd really love to see polish-lithuanian-latvian border (together with Memel/Klaipeda) done right.