• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dev Diary #96: Maybe I *should* diet…

Greetings.

index.php

Well, well, well, looks like this is where the fat chin meme comes to die.

Today I will be talking about one of the free several patch additions coming alongside Holy Fury, namely character shape.
With our next expansion, rather than being a random genetic component, this visual effect will be turned into a dynamic feature.
The game now will keep track of your character’s lifestyle and either increase or reduce his weight accordingly. Going above a certain threshold will result in your character gaining the Fat trait, alongside the appropriate visual, while going below a certain threshold will result in your character gaining the Malnourished trait, alongside a new emaciated look.

index.php

While there are certain events that can result in immediate gain or loss of weight, characters will progress from one state to the other primarily depending on their conditions and lifestyle. Traits, Focus, Society membership and health can all affect a character’s state. Some factors, such as being Gluttonous, will increase a character’s weight, others, such as belonging to a Monastic Order, will reduce it, and others still, such as leading an army during wartime, will keep it balanced.

New events have been added to give flavor to this new mechanic, allowing players the opportunity to change their habits or offer advice to their friends and relatives’ lifestyle. Some old events have also been updated to use new effects and make the mechanic feel fully integrated to the rest of the game.

And that should be about it.

Attachments

• Health1.jpg
    Health1.jpg
    617,6 KB · Views: 92.603
  • 20180730082845_1.jpg
    20180730082845_1.jpg
    383,3 KB · Views: 89.252
To this day, I recall the confusion I felt when I first heard of the Diet of Wurms...
Looool :)
As for the expansion, all i have to say that it was enough for me to worry about my weight in the real world, think of all the extra stress now :(

To this day, I recall the confusion I felt when I first heard of the Diet of Wurms...

Well I will admit that when I heard the name for the first time, I imagined it to have been some sort of infamous event were some Vlad Tepes arranged the corpses of his enemies in some sort of banquet scene, letting them,and the food to rot and be consumed by maggots/worms.

Homophones in different languages are fun.