• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dev Diary #116 - Agrarian Research Techniques

116_EyesLeft.png

116_EyesRight.png

... Anyone watching? No? Good.

Ok, just you and me. Great, because I've only got a few wee lil morsels today and I don't want to share them with too many people. So let's all just keep this quiet and, if anyone asks, the dev diary was about how we research thirteenth century agrarian techniques in rural France. Got it? Good.

I want you to tell me what this historical character...
116_Char1.PNG

... this historical character...
116_Char2.PNG

... and this historical character all have in common.
116_Char3.PNG

Figured it out? Yes? No? Waiting for someone else to scan through every character in the game before you hazard a guess? Ok, well, to be a bit fairer, it's got something to do with this:
116_ListCensoredv2.png

The list includes all the interactions in a particular category. You would not see all of them at the same time like this.
:D This has nothing to do with Wards & Wardens.

Finally, none of them are directly connected to this chap:
116_Char4v2.PNG

Alright, that's all I've got for you today, but I expect to be going over that list again soon. And in detail. If anyone asks, remember: rural France, agriculture, thirteenth century, yada yada.

Till next time!

• 100Like
  • 45Haha
  • 5Love
Reactions:
It would also be very historical. Due to lack of plumbing, and with Royal Court populations numbering in the thousands, Monarchs were literally forced to go "On Royal Progress"; moving from one royal castle to another.
also because it was hard to supply such a big court staying in one place over a long time, and because vassals in different provinces expected the ruler's temporary presence so that their access to royal administration wasn't diminished in favor of those physically closer to royal domain.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the fun puzzles to speculate on! I think this is pretty cool while we wait for stuff to be ready to announce. I appreciate the community involvement from the dev team. It's been really fun to try and think about how everything connects together.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Guys- I made an account just to write this. For a year your dev diaries were creative, insightful and gave fans of this game insight to what you are doing, the vision and plan. The way these diaries has evolved since you decided to spread them out for "more impact" is simply unacceptable.

We are all loyal customers here and want to know what you are doing. The game has been stagnant since September. Please get a new PR team or at least vision because these diaries are coming off as filler at best, and lazy afterthoughts from someone on a deadline to just get words on a page at worst

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
i got an infallible prediction: when you look at the first letters of "Agrarian Research Techniques," you get... ART!

this one must be correct, they can't possibly let out an update with zero new art!

• 6Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 948994
View attachment 948995
... Anyone watching? No? Good.

Ok, just you and me. Great, because I've only got a few wee lil morsels today and I don't want to share them with too many people. So let's all just keep this quiet and, if anyone asks, the dev diary was about how we research thirteenth century agrarian techniques in rural France. Got it? Good.

I want you to tell me what this historical character...
View attachment 948996
... this historical character...
View attachment 948997
... and this historical character all have in common.
View attachment 948998
Figured it out? Yes? No? Waiting for someone else to scan through every character in the game before you hazard a guess? Ok, well, to be a bit fairer, it's got something to do with this:
View attachment 948999
The list includes all the interactions in a particular category. You would not see all of them at the same time like this.
:D This has nothing to do with Wards & Wardens.

Finally, none of them are directly connected to this chap:
View attachment 949000

Alright, that's all I've got for you today, but I expect to be going over that list again soon. And in detail. If anyone asks, remember: rural France, agriculture, thirteenth century, yada yada.

Till next time!
Does it come in the form of new content? Like anything? Next update better be major...

• 2Like
Reactions:
My guess is a smaller Update tomorrow and a reveal with Start Date on the great Show on March the 6th.

My Guess for the Launch is in April maybe Early May but pretty much the last of the PDX-Main-Titles.

Reactions:
My Guess for the Launch is in April maybe Early May but pretty much the last of the PDX-Main-Titles.
I think end of March for release. All mainline PDX titles aim for quarterly releases now including CK3, so if the expansion wasn't coming out in March, it'd have to be a free patch and these teasers imply an associated DLC. There's also precedent for really compressed CK3 DD schedules prior to release.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That mail armor looks really great. Cant wait for the day (if it ever comes) when we have early-high-late period clothing variants that evolve naturally as the game progresses.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In light of the full-body shots in this dev diary, the announcement trailer showing full-body 3D troop models on the map only hammers home the point that we will get 3D character models on the map. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ck3_trailer.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions:
Uhm. Regents would be awesome, and since travelling in the Map will probably be an essential part of the new content pack, Regents certainly will have their work cut-out for them. I only imagine how dastardly they can get, giving the famous coup d'état, when the ruler is out visiting his mother.

And I mean, if we get travelling, we probably will get some sort of horse/mount? Like an Artifact with features, or even, better, a pseudo-character.
Mongols gonna be happy people if so. And you can't give a coup if the kingdom is where the king is.

Either way, its all very promising!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: