• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Francia forces annihilited the Aztecs 1 years after their arrival. They couldnt even run to the hills, poor indian sods. Now their leader has location Unknown.

:D

In my Munster-Ireland-Francia game I suffered from many rebelions, Mostly independence (I ruled from Ireland to Mali, Portugal to Jerusalem.) However whenever the independence faction declared war, a faction to press a family members attacked.

In retaliation I slaughtered distant members of my family who even had the weakest of faction created. I kept killing until they lost their claim.

However this ultimately got me killed. My vassals wanted to install the child duke of bedford on the throne. No-one wanted to join a plot and the faction was getting powerful. I sent my spymaster to increase assasination chance, but i sent him to the wrong province. I tried to assassinate the boy. I failed. His regent gets me assasinated.

I've had over 18 sons of me killed in 3 generations until I could increase my Crown Authoritah and switch to primogeniture.

My most recent dabbling in evil involved me as the Duke of Hereford (Lancaster) murdering my Yorkish brother and all his offspring so I could consolidate the family lands (and take England back from the filthy Norse invaders).

Playing as the 35-year-old Grand Prince of Novgorod, the Grand Prince of Kiev wouldn't allow me to betroth myself to his 15-year-old daughter and heir because of "political concerns", even though I'd divorced my childless wife of 19 years specifically for it. So I had him assassinated. The new Grand Princess was more than happy to marry me -- and 9 days later, her brother was born, who would have inherited everything if I'd been any slower. I didn't even know her mother was pregnant, sure dodged that bullet.

As ERE, Imprisoning all vassals and their families [incl lesser Baronies], led to many wars. Revoking titles. Holding them there for eternity, not even their rotting corpses will see the light of day again! Replacing all vassals with my family. Whenever new land is taken, it goes to a Doukas. Death to anyone who isn't Greek Orthodox. Taxing the mayors into space.

I'm really a nice guy!

As ERE, Imprisoning all vassals and their families [incl lesser Baronies], led to many wars. Revoking titles. Holding them there for eternity, not even their rotting corpses will see the light of day again! Replacing all vassals with my family. Whenever new land is taken, it goes to a Doukas. Death to anyone who isn't Greek Orthodox. Taxing the mayors into space.

I'm really a nice guy!

Yes, but were you listening to Polish jazz whilst doing it?

Marrying brother/sister three generations in a row
Imprisoning anyone who joins a faction
Fabricating claims on the pope

All whilst listening to Polish jazz.
It wasn't so bad... then you mentioned listening to Polish jazz and instantly got sentenced to the 9th level of hell!

Played a game as Aragon where my starting king in 1066 died in combat without any children, leaving the kingdom to his sister who was patrilineally married to the king of France. Seeing a quick end to their dynasty, she had her husband assasinated so she could marry matrilineally, but not before he made her with child. This son, heir to both Aragon and France, would mean the end of the dynasty and its kingship. So she killed him as well.

Since I play like a powermad lunatic with a preference for Greek culture, I ruler deisgned myself a legitmately powermad lunatic. Bastard son of Morosini, Venetian patrician with the trade post in Byz territory, named Basilio (feeds the delusions of grandeur), raised Greek by his jilted mother. Turns 16, goes to Venice, kidnaps his half brothers and sister to force his father to publicly legitimize him. Then impales the father who rejected him and slits the kids' throats in front of him as he dies slowly. Blames it on the voices at his trial. That, fearsome diplomacy skill, bribes (from a loan from his mother's brother), and the chance for them to rip apart Morosini trade holdings run by a posessed lunatic combine to convince the Doge and 3 patricians to release me to head house Morosini. A small gift of gold and a letter of profound repentence convinced the Pope to lift the excommunication. Only Ziani saw thru it all and is my rival family to this day. So a cruel excommunicated possessed lunatic legitimized bastard with a reputation for impaling relatives took the reins at age 16. At 60 he's leading an army of mercs in an invasion of Byzantium to finally make himself Basileus like Mother named him. Against his daughter in law whom he demanded become Catholic. After murdering her sister and deposing her niece in order to put his daughter in law on the throne in the first place. Crazy, they said. Common lowborn bastard, they said. Mother said I was her little Basileus. Mother *will* be right! And after me, Porphyrios will press his wife's weak claim to the HRE and reunify the glory that was Rome. The heirs to France do not carry the name Morosini, but they are my grandsons and wards all the same, and will bring Gallia back to the purple in time.

Other than his bloody beginnings and the brutal path to the ERE throne, the worst this character has done was to his longsuffering chancellor. I arranged his marriage, took his genius wife as lover, she convinced him the boy was his, and I replaced him with my horse. Three times. I took the boy as ward after both his (ahem) parents died of natural causes, and set him up with a city when he came of age. I may be known as the Wicked, but I'm not such a bad guy really.

It wasn't so bad... then you mentioned listening to Polish jazz and instantly got sentenced to the 9th level of hell!

Now that makes me feel special. If it helps, I was listening to the band Enej, which although isn't strictly speaking jazz, it's in that vein. But to be fair, it does give it a very surreal feel.

I'm just worried that someone might win the thread.

You're going to go to hell. :p

I once matrilineal married my imbecile 2nd born son to an ugly countess in another kingdom. All their kids had defects. Better I thought to mess up some other kingdoms gene pool then my own.

That actually genius, I might try it.

Hmm... where to start :p

I've killed some close family members a few times. On one of my first games I killed 2 of my 3 brothers and like 4 sons (they kept rebelling due to my lack of understanding of some basic concepts).

I married a heathen (shh! don't tell my parents, they will disown me :D )

EDIT: I've also killed kids that had more votes than me for the crown... :(

I fathered five bastards with a landless courtier, and figured that since she gave me more children than my actual wife I might as well marry her. So I divorced the old infertile hag and created a new happy family.
I've done that quite often before. Last time the courtier was my niece.