• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Believe me, i have 2 claimants to my Duchy of York and i failed in my plot to kill one of them, thus i curse them both literally from my computer screen.
A few turns later, one of them got killed in battle and the remaining claimant contracted small pox, which is going to kill him soon.
All done under the legal confines of the game..

So, here's an atrocity for the history books. My Byzantine Empire had finally won what I considered a decisive victory against the Fatimids, in which i defined it decisive because it allowed me to usurp Egypt from them. Except that a few years later, they declare war against me for it, a war that was even bigger than the war that let me take the crown from them in the first place. I win, but only just barely. A few more years pass, and they do it again.
That's when I decide I am not going to put up with this any more.
I start sending assassins. Wave after wave at anyone with a claim on the Egyptian crown who happens to be a Fatamid, and there are a lot of claimants. I carve a swath of death though their family, killing young and old alike, butchering what felt like five generations of the family, until there is no one left with a claim. It cost me the entire fortune of the empire, and my emperor was despised for using assassins at that level.
Luckily, he was old when the first war started, and died not long after all this. There was no way he would have been able to stay on the throne much longer with all the hate he had.
The story of Egypt didn't end there. It was a lead weight in the empire ever since then. I was never able to get the succession laws changed, so it was eventually handed to the brother of the evil emperor's grandson, or at least it did until he was found with a knife in his back. A generation later, it would be handed to that emperor's daughtor instead of his grandson, as he was unable to have any male children of his own. You would think that there was nothing wrong with this as the emperor was her heir, except that she was one of the worst agitator inside the empire, becoming a double king with the conquest of Aquitaine. So, it was time for her to go, and she did, this time in a very nice plot, but not without gaining her son the trait of kinslayer.
The things you do for titles.

But that's not anything that you particularly did.
My second ruler was a queen because she inherited the bright trait and she married a prince of the HRE (1066 start). He had terrible stats and his father was infirm for a while so the empire suffered... When my husband finally inherited the throne he gave up the title to my son and his only heir. It must have been a faction that forced this.
Anyway, not long after he lost his title, I get the message 'the love has faded from your marriage...you plan to spice things up tonight...' I chose the 'give him a wild ride' option hoping that he would have a heart attack and die so that I could remarry and collect more prestige but alas his heart did not give way and I had to do it the old fashioned way: with paid assasins.
Now I am playing the son who was raised by his dutch mom and am having a grande time with the Holy Roman Empire...

I forget the province I ruled but it was somewhere near Denmark and Skane but as a Swedish Jarl I sacrificed my half-brother to the gods. He had been languishing in my dungeons for over 20 years. My half-brother just happened to be Alfred the Great.

As King of Scotland, invaded Ireland and Northern England, and since I have Irish heritage, created the Kingdom of Ireland and granted it to my 2nd born son. When I died and was replaced by my 1st born son, my brother had already held Ireland for about 10-15 years, so his armies were pretty massive, but the little rat-bag decided that Ireland wasn't enough, and declared war on me. Now as a new King, as I'm sure you all know, people didn't like me, so i could only raise a small army, but miraculously i was able to call upon my cousin, King of Bohemia and Great Moravia, and field a decent army, which was destroyed by measles and typhus whilst fighting in Ireland, so i had to resort to plan b..... killing my brother and his wife, along with his 4 kids. I probably spent about 5000 gold trying to do this because I couldn't be bothered to plot and my intrigue was low. Eventually they were all dead, save my brother, King of Ireland, and I was bankrupt, so he just re-married and had more kids, and they also inherited a claim on the Kingdom of Scotland. I wasn't happy, all this effort for nothing, and the war was still going, but eventually we agreed to a white peace. Then my brother was killed whilst crusading or something, so I was pretty happy, but that was a bad couple of months for the Mac Giric dynasty.

So I was happily ruling over my Kingdom of Brittany (which had land in Britain, Iberia and Scandinavia) when I find out a one thousand man raiding party was raiding some land in Latvia(?) and I send my troops to attack, but they always managed to escape. I have an extreme hate towards raiders so I swear to find out who it is raiding me. Its a one province chief who borders my land So I send in some of my local levies, but the bloody pagan attrition thing destroys them.

So I raise a 35k army, lead it myself and launch an attack on the county. I assault every holding and take it in the name of my vassal. But I'm not done...

So I go on to kill the ex-chief, his wife, his children and all members of his dynasty just for raiding me with 1k men

About 100 years into a republic game I had the 'Not invited to the ball' event causing me to have a family feud. I wiped out their entire dynasty for revenge after taking as many of their trade posts as possible. I then proceeded to kill the next 3 families that replaced them to send a message to all.

Hi I'm Jesse and I am a CK2 addict. I once killed off an entire dynasty because they refused to come to my feast. I also killed my first 5 boys because my 6th inherited my genius trait.

Hi I'm Jesse and I am a CK2 addict. I once killed off an entire dynasty because they refused to come to my feast. I also killed my first 5 boys because my 6th inherited my genius trait.

Hey wrong room, ck2anonymous is down the corridor! ;)

Before any significant war, I go viking on my targets lands. Then when I declare war, I march my 2k men to take over their holdings, which only have thirty or so men to defend them now and no levies. Probably an exploit, but it's fun!

Well, I don't know how evil it is but as the Byzantine Emperor I once got my Heir to join a plot to kill his own wife, who wanted me dead and install my idiot son as Emperor. But I was able to convince her to cease and desist her actions against the Imperial thrown.

4ujivd.jpg

Sieged Winchester as a viking warlord from Sweden. Captured the King's wife and children while he was away fighting a war. Looted his cities, ravaged his lands, ransomed his children for a small fortune, oddly he didn't want his wife back so I took her back home to Scandinavia and made her my concubine. Job done. Can't wait for next year's raid. It's good to be a viking!