• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yup. I guess that's meant to reflect the adaption of the SU to the war and their whole turn-around on the Eastern front. You're up this late on the forums? :eek: ;)

Mangudai said:
Yup. I guess that's meant to reflect the adaption of the SU to the war and their whole turn-around on the Eastern front. You're up this late on the forums? :eek: ;)

I am on holidays, school does not start again before monday and it is only 03:00 Am over here.

I see that you ran into some trouble during that war. But now perhaps is the time to get the Persian oil reserves too? Then modern warfare would become a lot harder for the enemy.

A splendid update, dispite the writers block. Keep it up! :)

Originally posted by Chairman trek:
I am on holidays, school does not start again before monday and it is only 03:00 Am over here.

I know how it's like using days off to go to sleep in the morning rather than in the late evening or by night. Don't worry. :D

Update will be delayed, as some very decent person ( = me) did something extraordinarily stupid that forced him to reinstall windows.

But fear not, both the game and savegame files and the screenshots are kept on a seperate harddrive and are therefore fine.

Time for a picture again!

error4.jpg

Did you get this Windows message first?

Mangudai said:
Time for a picture again!

error4.jpg

Did you get this Windows message first?

nope :rofl:

I had to reinstall a program and somehow managed to screw up my windows XP in the process.... :eek:o

Originally posted by Destroyer of Operating Systems:
nope :rofl:

I had to reinstall a program and somehow managed to screw up my windows XP in the process.... :eek:o

Santa Maria! :eek:
I got that "error" from this page. Had a couple of laughs there! :D

Romanius said:
Its not so bad, if it was Vista your computer would explode and with it all the precious HOI files.

True that Comrade. :rofl:

i've just started using vista - is it really that bad?

BritishImperial said:

YES!

I don't want to be an asshole here, so I will just say that using Vista is "ill-advised" in most cases. :rolleyes:

I have the basics up and running again, but I had implemented so many customm mods and settings that its gonna take at least two days to get everything back up to speed, so update on sunday or monday.

BritishImperial said:
it is pretty buggy and whatnot, so I would say yes.

The current China MDS AAR has given and Idea, so that I am thinking about writing some small narrative parts now and then to slip em in when I am either too lazy or do not have the time to make a proper gameplay AAR. How would the working masses react to that?

yeh should be good

and about vista: you're all right, its absolutely shite, if im allowed to use that word here. its flashy, more user friendly, but wont run HOI (which i pratically bought the new computer to play) and i cant download some thing which worked fine on my old one, because it needs 'elevation'. it'll get plenty of elevation when i throw the damn thing out the upstairs window im sitting in front of... also having un-and-re installed hoi multiple times to try to get it to work iv lost almost 10gb of hard disc space. brilliant, thanks microsoft. i thought it was only the xbox 360 which was shit.

(sorry to hijack your aar with my ravings trek)

BritishImperial said:
yeh should be good

and about vista: you're all right, its absolutely shite, if im allowed to use that word here. its flashy, more user friendly, but wont run HOI (which i pratically bought the new computer to play) and i cant download some thing which worked fine on my old one, because it needs 'elevation'. it'll get plenty of elevation when i throw the damn thing out the upstairs window im sitting in front of... also having un-and-re installed hoi multiple times to try to get it to work iv lost almost 10gb of hard disc space. brilliant, thanks microsoft. i thought it was only the xbox 360 which was shit.

(sorry to hijack your aar with my ravings trek)

No problem mate.

Do you happen to have access to Windows XP in some way? I recommend you try to get your hands on it and install it. It runs everything and is surprisingly stable. ( I have never had a non usercaused crash. )