• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mangudai said:
If Rokossovskiy is still alive, hand him a post in the administration of Poland, will ya? :cool:

Hitler is gonna pop a few arteries when he gets a new red neighbor. :D

Rokossovsky, if he is still around will get command over a Shock Army one I start spamming tanks. ( only after several other things have been dealt with, I have never played the SU on hard before.)

For Dolphy: It shall all be revelealed in due time, Comrade.

Actually, it doesn't take so many garrisons.
In my current SU game I'm painting the world red, and Europe - Spain/Portugal/Vichy has consumed about 1,000 MP, give or take a lot.
I still have to finish the Balkans, and so on...1,000 MP left, no problem.

Hmm it seems that many of my RedAARs have left me... but alas, that is no cause for me to drop this. Update today. (Friday, 02.01.2008, CET )

I've been lurking since the beginning and I'm still around. ;)

Just have a bad habit of not commenting. Please do continue. This AAR is appreciated.

A very good AH story so far. I like it very much. I shall follow this.

Trek, don't fall into dispair if some leave 2 new ones will pop up instead. ReadAARs are like the red army with its endless supply of man-(female)power.

:)

And now I want to see some Polish potatoes on my desk by dinnertime! :D

I haven't left you, Comrade Chairman! I am with you to the end!!! :cool:

@all Thanks for the support. Update coming within the next two hours or so.

Paradischapterpic.png

Chapter 7

With Operations in Poland clearly entering their last phase Trotsky decided to leave the war to his field commanders, despite him growing wary of Field Marshal Blücher, who had repeatedly left good chances unused and whom people like Zhukov and another rising Star, then-Major General Konev described him as " a good commander, but too devensive ". Blücher, despite his misgivings and his sometimes a bit catious approach had been the one who haf commanded the sucessfull defence against the polish offensive the year before and was therefore left in place. While concentrating on internal matters and also resting a bit more than usual on the insistence of his doctor Trosky finally found time and muse to do something he had been itching to do since he had taken over: a redesign of the Soviet Flag. He had long since been of the opinion that the old Soviet Flag had been stained by Stalins actions during his reign and that the Soviet State needed a new one to signal the world that things had changed, and so, on May 9th a new flag was unvieled in front of the Surpreme Soviet in Moscow.

alternatedx1.png

The new Soviet State flag. The two different colours represent the unity between the people and the Party.​

Meanwhile the Red Army, who would continue to use the old plain red banner as a Battleflag of sorts, like the Naval Ensign in the Red Navy, continued its slow but steady slogg into Poland. On the last hour of May 9th the polish/romanian defence of Stryj finally cracked and crumbeld, after both country had rushed units into the Area, that managed to slwo the Soviets down, but could not hope to actually stop the onslaught. The proivnce was secured hours later and held against a determined but to weak Polish counterattack. Trotsky was now called in again to decide upon the next action, as neither the Officers at STAVKA nor the field Commanders could decide upon their next move. What was the Red Army to do? Two options presented themselves to Trotsky while he was using his personal armoured train to visit the front:

1. Move into the remainder of Poland and grab the rest of their territories before the Germans could who claimed parts of these lands,

2. Concentrate on defeating Romania to secure the vital oil fields there.

When his train arrived at Blüchers forward headquarters east of Brest-Litovsk he ahd reached a decicion. The Red Army would concentrate its efforts on knocking poland out of the war first. This could mean that when the troops were in position to advance on Romania sonow could hamper their attacks through the river-area in Bessarabia or the mountainious area around the Czech border, but Trotsky and Zhukov, who was more and more becoming Trotskys favourite General and was by many seen as Blüchers sucessor should he once again fail to produce unsatisfactory results. If that happen Blücher would be sent to "guard some ammunition dump on the Manchurian border." anf someone, indeed most probably Zhukov would replace him. Blücher was well aware of this and did his best to show Trotsky that he was an able commander in the field and showed the Chairman his plans for his final offensive into poland. Trotsky looked over the plans and immediately saw that it was essentially an attack on the remaining key cities, and thereby forcing the Poles to surrender unconditionally. The Red Army was still underperforming when compared with western forces like the British or the Germans, but the battered remnants of the Polish Army could not hope to stop the ever-growing Soviet Juggernaut. Lomza was attacked on May 10th, and the Soviets quickly secured the town. Tobrun and Radom fell on the 15th and the 23rd, and after that only two major Polis cities, Lodz and Danzig remained out of Soviet hands.

26f24037.png

The flanking attack on Kielce, made to make the attack on Radom easier, met with difficulties because the Poles had concetrated the majority of of their own and the cut-off Romaian Divisons that were still at full strength there, but with the support of Zhukovs Armoured Divisions the scratch force was brushe aside after heavy fighting. Allthough this was not known at the time this would be the last desperate effort of the Polish Republic. Crakov was attacked on May 29th, followed by Czetochova on June 1st and Lodz on the 3rd. The Red Army, now sensing that victory in Poland was close pressed on with amazing speed. Poznan fell on June 12th, and on June 25th Soviet forces entered Danzig, capturing the city so fast that the single destroyer flotilla the Polish Navy had posessed was captured intact and was sent north to be integrated into the Baltic Fleet.

18polen.png

The war in Poland was over, and the Soviet Juggernaught now slowly wheeled south, towards Romania.

Everyone say welcome to the Polish SSR...

RGB hit the nail, but I might release Romania at a later date, as they, unlike the poles never directly waged war against the Soviet Union.

im still here too, somewhere, reading your updates and admiring

1. Looking forward to your tank spamming. Imagine thousands and thousands of BTs rolling over Alexanderplatz! Hahaha! :D

2. The yellow is the Party and the red is the People, right? The red hammer & sickle represents the worker power of the Soviet people, and the yellow star above it represents its leader, guide and patron? :cool:

3. In RL, Stalin had a thing for Zhukov (even though he tried to whack him during the purges and became jealous of him during the war). Mmmm... *daydreaming* I can understand why Trotsky gets a crush on him as well...
:p

4. Artist's impression of what Hitler looks like right now: :wacko: :eek: :mad:

1. By that time it will be T-34s.

2. Just like that, allthough I envisioned the Star as a symbol of the Red Army as guardian of the State.

3. Comrade Zhukov will not be pensioned away like in RL, rest assured.

4. :rofl:

You won't get them immediately? Building up for some adequate showdown?

Btw, Romania and the young Bolshevik state almost engaged in war with eachother, but the Reds had trouble intitiating an invasion because of their Civil War, so it never went down. It was meant as a relief for the Hungarian Soviet Republic (not part of the USSR), which was in deep shit at that time. :eek:

Interesting AAR, I'll follow this :)

No, it's not that strange. Trotsky wanted a red flag over Parliament, Stalin probably didn't (in this timeline maybe :p ).