• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know, these are hardcodded sorry. But they have better statistics than regular marines so they should be more efficient overall.
Not on amphib assault. No problem, I will just use them as infantry.

hi Fernando Torres, I am playing with germany in Titanium version and what I realized is that on N/N difficulty I could produce less divisions until Danzig..I remember that in Platinium I had more troops by Danzig..did you reduce production capacity in general ? In march 1941, I used nofog to look at how many divisions soviets have I saw they had 300 divisions..in platinium they would had 400 divisions by Barbarossa..now, barbarossa is soon and if they won't have less divisions like me in June, I will be doomed:) thanks

You have problems with the unitnames.csv file that have been around for a number of years, and I'm surprised that they haven't been fixed. Other people here have noted them as well. There is a German division that the name just keeps repeating unless you go in to the file and remove the honorific. British land divisions keep having the names 'destroyer' or 'light cruiser.' This makes the mod, for all its good points, look amateurish.

Bad install.

Do you know what causes this ?

I have a guess. But this has been around for years and nothing has been done about it. I think that having the honorific at the end of the division name rather than in the middle might cause it. For example, in the German case, it's the 71.Infanterie-Division 'die Glückhafte'. I think that moving the honorific to the middle (71. 'die Glückhafte' Infanterie-Division) might solve the problem. The problem in the German instance is that there is something in the name causes every single infantry division after that to be named the 71.Infanterie-Division 'die Glückhafte', rather than moving on to the next number. Going in and correcting this in the savegame file is a pain.

Like I said, this has been around for years, other people have mentioned it, and you haven't paid any attention to it.

And since it is your mod, it is your responsibility to find the problem and correct it, rather than demanding that the users do your job for you.

Last edited:
Like I said, this has been around for years, other people have mentioned it, and you haven't paid any attention to it.

How am I supposed to understand this ? As a personal attack ?
Yes I knew about this issue for long time but I had never found a solution. Should I be despised for that ? Let me remember you that I have done all this/continue doing it for FREE. I do not owe anything to anybody. So if you want to help, please do so. If you just want to attack people ad hominem, please walk away.

That being said, I had the 71st Div nickname removed this afternoon and will remove the 67te too. Could you please let me know if I need to remove others ?
And do you have any clue about the British divisions issue ?

How am I supposed to understand this ? As a personal attack ?
Yes I knew about this issue for long time but I had never found a solution. Should I be despised for that ? Let me remember you that I have done all this/continue doing it for FREE. I do not owe anything to anybody. So if you want to help, please do so. If you just want to attack people ad hominem, please walk away.

That being said, I had the 71st Div nickname removed this afternoon and will remove the 67te too. Could you please let me know if I need to remove others ?
And do you have any clue about the British divisions issue ?

I don't have a clue about the issue with the British divisions. What I did is that I took the honorifics from the armored division and moved them from the end (1st Armoured Division 'Royal Hussars') and moved them (1st 'Royal Hussars' Armoured Division) and I'll do a trial run this afternoon to see what happens. I've looked over the British scenario setup and don't see anything that might cause a problem.

I tried to reproduce the British divisions bug but could not (see screenshot attached).

Does anyone have a savegame and screenshots of this bug ?

Attachments

• ScreenSave0.jpg
    ScreenSave0.jpg
    690,6 KB · Views: 332
I keep on getting a (illegal top level object) error which refers to scenario/save/Germany_May_16_1940.eug or something like that....there isn't any file with that name. It was still there after I uninstalled and did a fresh install:confused:

nice! has been a long time since i played hoi2, maybe a year, and now i look in the forum and see this mod :D played the older versions very much.

Good job with it!

Congratulations FT for completing the best mod in HOI2 world.... You made this game hard enough to be interesting... and now it is very interesting....

I have just one question.... I cant get custom with those terrain map colours and i just want to ask you which file to overwrite to get old ones back?

Thanks in advance and I wish you best of luck with WIF2!!!

Congratulations FT for completing the best mod in HOI2 world.... You made this game hard enough to be interesting... and now it is very interesting....

I have just one question.... I cant get custom with those terrain map colours and i just want to ask you which file to overwrite to get old ones back?

Thanks in advance and I wish you best of luck with WIF2!!!

Yep
overwrite - \Doomsday\map-> colorscales excel file