• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, it's 3 votes for Chicago and 3 votes for Los Angeles, someone have to decide this ;)

Well, it's 3 votes for Chicago and 3 votes for Los Angeles, someone have to decide this ;)

Los Angeles :p the Wehrmacht needs a shiny place to rest

The problem is that with his pace he will be in Chicago soon, before USA fully rebuilds it.

The problem is that with his pace he will be in Chicago soon, before USA fully rebuilds it.

At the end of previous update panzers were resting 3 provinces away from Chicago. So far Los Angeles have more votes so it looks that I won't be bombing city what's on panzers sight.

I've played a bit and according to gameplay it looks that this AAR points to the end so I will deliver final updates during the weekend (surely we will agree there's no point in continuing of this AAR after USA will fall as it would be trivial and monotonous creating of Planet Deutschland).

I am seriously considering writing another AAR (I am thinking of Japan or SU on hard difficulty) and I would like to hear your opinions on that :)

EDIT: I've forgot to mention that SU will be played with focus on WW3

Soviets! soviets! COMMUNISM! :D One of my friends is going to draft a communist manifesto. :huh:

38. Operation Ragnarök, part 3

vf3c.jpg

Houston? We have a problem!

34pc.jpg

Situation in America 6 weeks after initiating operation Ragnarök. German panzers are rolling through it and capturing everything in their wake. Only light resistance is encountered.

nxpm.jpg

More detailed view on situation in central US, only place where German tanks meet (only light) resistance.

s933.jpg

8 days later small encirclement is accomplished.

74ey.jpg

I've noticed that US tanks are unable to pierce German armour. Yanks are attacking over a river and they are unable to pierce armour. This lonely counterattack made by US Army was quickly repelled.

55dm.jpg

Heaviest fights are happening to be in Canada. But with armour advantage there's a little that can stop panzers from rolling.

ffzb.jpg

Panzers are rushing towards city of Phoenix as there's airfield that will be used for stationing Göring's heavy bombers in order to drop the nuke on Los Angeles.
I am hoping that I won't take enough victory points before reaching Phoenix to make USA surrender before 2nd nuke.

w9l9.jpg

Nice breakthrough on fields of the doctrines. It's a shame that's nearly nothing left to be blitzed.

9mne.jpg

In the meantime while panzers are grabbing as much of US ground as they can defense of Labrador peninsula has nearly collapsed.

39a5.jpg

And with this battle, defenders of Labrador have surrendered and survivors were taken prisoners of war.

eljv.jpg

Quick look on how many US victory points are in the hands of Germans.

ulk6.jpg

Situation on 28th August.

24qf.jpg

Two weeks later Phoenix is reached and heavy bombers carrying the nuke are rebased there and ordered to drop the nuke on the Los Angeles.

3gpz.jpg

US surrender progress has stopped on 98% as I've ordered some divisions to halt to not rise surrender progress over 100%.

50jw.jpg

The nuke has been dropped on Los Angeles as you wished.

d9ej.jpg

Second day US surrendered - this time NU hit from nuking worked, weird.

k6lx.jpg

During operation Ragnarök 3rd nuke was made and as you know sharing is caring so I've decided to share it with Canadians.

vnfw.jpg

With no major in the Allies they were dissolved and truce with Canada was signed due to this event (they had 94% surrender progress and panzers were max week from Vancouver, their last VP)

At this point I would like to end the AAR as it would be pointless to conquer the rest of the world as Allies are dissolved, Comintern is beaten and I've completed all main tasks I was expecting from this game.

I would like to thank to everyone who was reading this AAR or commenting to it and I hope you enjoyed my first completed AAR.
If you would like to have another AAR from me, please vote whether do you want SU with focus on WW3 or Japan one.

I vote for Italy, nice update! glad you went through the end! but sad it's over

I want to see Luxemburg! :sad:

But really, it has to be one of the majors, I'd vote for France, alternatively Japan ;)

The options were either SU or Japan :laugh: Italy is also acceptable

Well Done !!!!

I vote for a UK AAR because we rarely get those and I would like to see a UK HPP !!! If UK is out of the question, then Japan !

How long did the invasion of the USA take in the end? I know I need to do some work on the US AI for this kind of scenario so it would be useful to understand what kind of time window they have to work with. Also, I was pleased to see their armour wasn't too far off the mark even though you did have the armour advantage. Otherwise it appears they just had too few ground forces and I didn't see much from the USAAF either. Is that about right?

How long did the invasion of the USA take in the end? I know I need to do some work on the US AI for this kind of scenario so it would be useful to understand what kind of time window they have to work with. Also, I was pleased to see their armour wasn't too far off the mark even though you did have the armour advantage. Otherwise it appears they just had too few ground forces and I didn't see much from the USAAF either. Is that about right?

Whole invasion took nearly 4 months, but it could be quicker if I've opened a second front from west coast.
USAAF was mainly composed of CAGs form sunken carriers and I've seen some heavy bombers light bombers and light fighters and they've seen to be in pretty good shape - but no match for AI RAF.
They did have smaller number of divisions due to the fact they've overextended themselves in Africa and Guyana and I've sunk a LOT of transports carrying their divisions. But for Guyana and Africa and sinking a lot of their transports US ground force would pose a greater threat I would say.

BTW I've started new game as Empire of Japan, maybe this will be the new AAR :p

7kew.jpg

Everything what's in Europe belongs to planet Axis

b38d.jpg

Germany and it's minions