• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What would make this game any better then Call of Juarez?

What would make this game any better then Call of Juarez?

Call of Juarez may also be a western game, and a pretty cool one at that. It is on the other hand mainly a single player game. Ours is mainly a multiplayer game. So it'd be kind of like comparing Halflife to teamfortress. Both are great games but as they have completely different focus, any comparison which one is "better" is simply a matter of preference.

Wait...Majesty 2 made you guys money?

Really?

YAY!

I gotta buy it soon!

---

Anyways back on topic:

I don't like westerns so I don't think I'll be getting this...plus I only have a Wii and a PC. And my PC is dedicated right now to just Paradox strategy games...not Paradox FPS games.

Oh my god is this the new crusader kings

You already asked exactly the same question on the Rise of Prussia forum :D

Actually looks sort of interesting... since I only play a few FPS type games and one of my favorite was Enemy Territories also very team based play- if the servers are stable and the team based aspects make sense and are fun it might do well.

How will this game compare to Call of Juarez?

I had to find on wiki what a "third shooter person" might be and I am not sure I understood. There is no clear explanation about the game in the leadandgold.com site. It is about shooting in a western environment but how and for what purpose remains unclear to me :wacko:

Could you answer to some questions please :
- is there a demo somewhere ? (I didn't see any url to even a limited version of the game, just to test, well a demo... :eek:o )
- is it possible to play the game in a solo mode against AI ?
- is there a pause like in others paradox games ?

A first person shooter is a game where you direct a character with a gun (or similar weapon) and see the gameworld as if looking through their eyes.

In comparision a third person shooter is the same thing, only you are looking at the back of your own character. (Or over their shoulder, sort of.)

Usually third person shooters have some AI enemies possible, but unless there is some sort of obstacle course it is rarely any fun. The pleasure is in finding human opponents to team up with, and then fight other human teams.

Pausing, thus, is usually frowned upon. (Or impossible.) Games tend to be short enough that it doesn't matter that much, and then you simply stand off a game instead of pausing.

But that is only how I have understood things. Someone more official or knowledgeable might come by if you are lucky. :)

The "branch" is a really usefull tool in the game tat only one person per gang can have at one time..

I really can assure you as a player of this game as much as I can that it is really really good... pauses are clearly not the spirit... Please for 15$ you can test and enjoy it!!! this game rocks but it is an action game not a strtegic one... you have to be good at shooting, not saying to your troops to shoot...

I bought it during the beta and totally don't regret it... Honestly my rationtime played/Euros I paid is probably the best of any action game (of course not as good as EU, HoI or Vicky etc but really good for an action game !!!)
;)