• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Paradox Interactive announces the ultimate public transport simulator
Transport the masses

GAMESCOM, COLOGNE - August 19th, 2010 Paradox Interactive has today unveiled an exciting new addition to its release schedule with Cities in Motion, a mass transportation simulator set across four European cities, due for release on PC in early 2011.

Developed by Colossal Order Ltd, Cities in Motion sees players develop and operate their own public transport company building a travel network across Vienna, Helsinki, Berlin, and Amsterdam using more than 30 different modes of transport including buses, trams, subway trains and water buses. As each city develops and grows the player must continue to meet the ever changing transport needs of its commuters, while at the same time ensuring it remains as profitable as possible.

The trailer is available here for viewing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FemH4GhEqEs

Featuring an in-depth campaign mode made up of 12 scenarios along with an open ended sandbox mode, an advanced map editor that allows players to create their own cities, plus much more, Cities in Motion will challenge players to create the perfect public transport system that has no cancellations, no delays and where the passengers are always happy!

Features:

- Over 100 unique buildings
- Advanced economy simulation including contractor deals, banking, insurance and fluctuating economic trends
- Play through 100 years of transportation history across four eras between 1920 and 2020
- Choose between over 30 different vehicles based on real-life models including buses, trams, water buses, helicopters and a subway system with underground view
- Real-time city and traffic simulation as people commute between their homes, workplace and social lives.
- Three difficulty levels – easy, medium and hard

Check out the latest developments:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/citiesinmotion
Twitter: www.twitter.com/citiesinmotion

About Colossal Order Ltd
Colossal Order Ltd is an independent game development studio located in Tampere, Finland. Founded in 2009 by experienced developers and serious fans of the genre, the company focuses on original IP strategy and simulation games for PC platform. The highly motivated and talented team is working on the first title Cities in Motion, which will be released 2011.

Looks interesting.

I've been waiting for a game like this for a long time. Really, the only thing out there similar is the open source version of transport tycoon. But that is so dated, it's ridiculous.

- Over 100 unique buildings

That's not a lot at all, and implies that most of the architecture wont be based on RL buildings in the cities included. That's where you lose my interest, in that the cities are not actual models of the real cities. And with just a hundred different buildings you wont get much variety at all.

I've read a thread there where CiM wasn't very well appreciated. In that i was deceived a bit by the community i didn't know so narrow-minded.
Also I'm sure as transport tycoon fans the devs already know this forum.

I agree the negativity doesn't help. They should wait until more information is released. If it is like TTD i will most certainly buy the game. I am looking for a competitive AI and a Stock market. Graphics aren't important and that's why i keep playing Open TTD because of the game play.

The only thing that worrys me is only 4 citites. I would like a bit more, but as Woz rightly said if the core game is similar to TT I will buy it too.

Lomo was a failure because it wasn't like TTD. Also it was a failure because Atari had interfered in the design of the game.
I hope this game will inspire Chris Sawyer to make another TTD series type of game.

Absolutely no, but I hope some of the core gameplay of TTD remains. Like addictivness to the game :)

Well, it's a new game. Not TTD2, so it's a bit strange to put it that way. From the graphics I think the gameplay will be a bit more similar to Traffic Giant than TTD. I hope so too, the interface in TTD is really horrible (not to mention I need a microscope to read it on my 1080i screen), TG was much more enjoyable to assign bus routes etc.
And who says it needs to resemble either of those? Maybe the devs of CiM have worked out something even better.

Anyway let's hold off unless we have a few clues of what the actual gameplay in CiM will be like.

Just read the first post, and didn't know that it would be from 1920 to 2020, that's awesome! :D Hopefully when we reach the 2010-11 stage, we'll have such cars we have today.

Sorry, but has any release date been set?