• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not really an issue with the expansion but i wouldve liked to have seen it added:

Remove the silly thing with GP getting involved with wars in support of nations its "Friendly with" or atleast give an indication that they will get involved... to many games have been ruined because mid-war some GP got relations to friendly and joined in with overwelming power.

Not really an issue with the expansion but i wouldve liked to have seen it added:

Remove the silly thing with GP getting involved with wars in support of nations its "Friendly with" or atleast give an indication that they will get involved... to many games have been ruined because mid-war some GP got relations to friendly and joined in with overwelming power.

This isn't silly at all. It's a powerful tool to make sure nations don't mess with a region you don't want them to (either because you plan to sphere them, or you have your own conquest designs).

It's important to look at who is influencing a nation that you plan to war with and factor that into your decision.

This isn't silly at all. It's a powerful tool to make sure nations don't mess with a region you don't want them to (either because you plan to sphere them, or you have your own conquest designs).

It's important to look at who is influencing a nation that you plan to war with and factor that into your decision.

It should atleast be required to Ally or Sphere the nation first, its too easy for the GP to get relations up globaly and get a free reason to smack down smaller nations.
Took less then 5 years for Ottomans to be friendly with most of North Africa and Arabia in my current games and get involved with my wars, same with my old Zulu games with GB getting friendly relations with my neighbours.

Whats that? no one cares if Egypt invades Ethopia, yet if Ethiopia invades Egypt then Great Britain must save those poor egyptians who they happened to have shared a cup of tea with.

edit: Meh.. i geuss my complaint is how easy and quick it is to get a nation Friendly and get involved in its wars with little to no effort or negatives.

Last edited:
Rename ships & brigades..

This, as well as the ability to turn dynamic dominions off and edit the start date for them (tying them to a tech or something). I love most of the changes in HoD, but the dominions are ugly and really ahistorical. Also, no more using dominions as launching pads for further colonization--Portugal should have to keep Mozambique if it wants to continue colonizing there, and Liberia shouldn't give the US the opportunity to colonize Africa.

I'd also like to see the units rebalanced a bit, so that guards, engineers and maybe even cavalry maintain their usefulness for the entire game. As it stands, those units get completely eliminated in late game armies in favor of airplanes and tanks, which doesn't really make any sense for the guards and engineers. I'd like to see the guards as an elite infantry unit that you can only build so many of, maybe no more than 5% of the total brigades, like the special units in HoI 3 TFH. Engineers should reduce terrain/river maluses and increase defense bonuses, and maybe boost army movement speed too.

I would like to see more "clever" migrations, not only to Americas/Oceania, but to stable countries too, and ofc to countries of that culture/culture group, ie: Slovenes from Austria to Slovenia, I thinks it's stupid when they sit in Osterreich and don't move even if Slovenia is independent, more advanced, more social-responcible and so on

Sometimes, the marker that a country is busy colonizing a province disappears. Both the icon on the map and the progress in the tab on the bottom-left. But as soon as you promote your own expedition to the next level, the other country's expedition reappears.

And I suppose it's not strictly speaking a bug, but it would be nice if Texas was able to survive without US aid. I've never seen it happen, even though that's what happened historically.
Texas won because of a fluke; nothing more, nothing less

I'd like to see rebels in colonies/overseas (or just in general) turn nationalist more often. Too often i see Africa/British india overrun by communists or anarcho-liberals who proceed to do absolutely nothing.

Or at least do it like EU3, where rebels taking a province will inflict some kind of nasty modifier on it, depending on type.

Another thing is that some countries get smashed on a regular basis. For example prussia gets torn apart by france and austria in every single game...so far played 5 games, both happend in all of them.

One of my favorite things about Paradox is how everyone has such insanely different experiences with the same game. I've only finished 3 games in HoD so far, but Prussia has been totally unstoppable in all of them. They formed Germany in all 3 games. And in my most recent game the AI formed Greater Germany. By itself. I was fighting all my wars in Asia. Then the AI Greater Germany invaded England and took it over. Seriously. They finished #1 in two of the three games. Prussia is now my new priority target. UK never seems to survive at #1 anymore even if I leave them alone.

Texas won because of a fluke; nothing more, nothing less

True as that may be, I think the general motto for Paradox games should be that the historical path is possible. I don't think Texas can really win, as things stand; they can win a defensive battle due to Sam Houston's massive defense bonuses, but they can't hold off the whole Mexican military. If the Texan fluke can't (or shouldn't) be modeled by standard mechanics, an event should be used...I think PDM has one.

I hope Paradox changes the AI's decisionmaking with regard to colonies. They seem to rush headlong into colonization without regard for who they're up against. There's no reason why Russia should be pouring all of their effort into colonizing northern Canada when it would only mean a crisis against Super-UK for an overseas territory they are already incapable of defending. Likewise, I've seen Russia go into the 20th Century without colonizing Northern Siberia even when their colonial points aren't occupied anywhere else.

This is probably something that we'd be unlikely to see in a patch, but it'd be nice for Paradox to revamp the way diplomatic influence points are gained. Every country gets generally the same amount, whether they're a huge superpower or a tiny #8 GP. It could use more variability. For instance, a large navy could increase the rate at which you get influence in countries with long coastlines.

Also, fix the code in the defines that allows us to change the warscore cost needed during great wars! It's broken and changing the value does nothing.

Last edited:
I hope Paradox changes the AI's decisionmaking with regard to colonies. They seem to rush headlong into colonization without regard for who they're up against. There's no reason why Russia should be pouring all of their effort into colonizing northern Canada when it would only mean a crisis against Super-UK for an overseas territory they are already incapable of defending. Likewise, I've seen Russia go into the 20th Century without colonizing Northern Siberia even when their colonial points aren't occupied anywhere else.

This is probably something that we'd be unlikely to see in a patch, but it'd be nice for Paradox to revamp the way diplomatic influence points are gained. Every country gets generally the same amount, whether they're a huge superpower or a tiny #8 GP. It could use more variability. For instance, a large navy could increase the rate at which you get influence in countries with long coastlines.

Also, fix the code in the defines that allows us to change the warscore cost needed during great wars! It's broken and changing the value does nothing.

There is a big difference in influence gain from #1 to #8 if there is a big difference in their ranking points; one especially apparent when trying to inluence a strong SP.

• The bug of the factories that doesn't pay salaries for workers even after having big profits .
  • Avoid the AI to release unfinished historical dominions like half colonized Australia and Canada .
  • Remove this silly idea of dynamic dominions in general it sux and makes the map looks only uglier .
  • Fix the game logs to really reflect the game steps . Especially for errors in the errors log . It's empty when CTDs and you never know what's exactly the problem .
  • Fix the annoying bug that "replace_path" in modding files does not works . >_<
  • Make the AI more aggressive when units are on Islands then transport them to enemy mainland and fight for victory .
  • The AI doesn't use the sea power properly . Countries like UK should organize bigger navies and less small and useless squadrons that can't fight at all .

One of my favorite things about Paradox is how everyone has such insanely different experiences with the same game. I've only finished 3 games in HoD so far, but Prussia has been totally unstoppable in all of them. They formed Germany in all 3 games. And in my most recent game the AI formed Greater Germany. By itself. I was fighting all my wars in Asia. Then the AI Greater Germany invaded England and took it over. Seriously. They finished #1 in two of the three games. Prussia is now my new priority target. UK never seems to survive at #1 anymore even if I leave them alone.

I'm doing my first HoD game still and as of 1908 Germany is still divided between Prussia and Austria after three brother's wars, five Polish crisis's and two great wars. I'm amazed actually. It seems a French/Russian alliance (sometimes with British help) all game has contained them. Never saw that ever with Vanilla and AHD.

• The bug of the factories that doesn't pay salaries for workers even after having big profits .
  • Avoid the AI to release unfinished historical dominions like half colonized Australia and Canada .
  • Remove this silly idea of dynamic dominions in general it sux and makes the map looks only uglier .
  • Fix the game logs to really reflect the game steps . Especially for errors in the errors log . It's empty when CTDs and you never know what's exactly the problem .
  • Fix the annoying bug that "replace_path" in modding files does not works . >_<
  • Make the AI more aggressive when units are on Islands then transport them to enemy mainland and fight for victory .
  • The AI doesn't use the sea power properly . Countries like UK should organize bigger navies and less small and useless squadrons that can't fight at all .

I haven't played long enough to notice the factory wage pay bug, does it happen in every game and how bad does it effect the game?

I haven't played long enough to notice the factory wage pay bug, does it happen in every game and how bad does it effect the game?

It depends on how low you are in the buying order and tends to affect factories that simply used to close down in AHD.