• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It depends on how low you are in the buying order and tends to affect factories that simply used to close down in AHD.

The first time I noticed it I was playing the UK, and I was first in every category. Then I had it as Prussia, and then NGF.
So unless it fucks you up the higher you are in the buying order, then it seems to be unrelated.
Or I'm just the unluckiest Pdox fan ever.

I find quite annoying that, while mobilizing, if a mobilized regiment pops up in a province with a standing army, they merge and the whole army heads to the nearest rally point. This can mess up the defense lines.

I haven't ran into this bug but this would ruin wars for me in europe...

To restate this: Not being able to give newly-colonized nearby or, worse yet, landlocked land to released dominions. Leads to really ugly maps, you see.

For single player games this is what cheats are for. I'd be happy for the AI not to release them, or release them maybe 75% less after nationalism and imperialism

For single player games this is what cheats are for. I'd be happy for the AI not to release them, or release them maybe 75% less after nationalism and imperialism

If anything, the AI should be releasing them more after researching Nationalism and Imperialism. Dominions were made for later in the timeline, 1900-ish.

True as that may be, I think the general motto for Paradox games should be that the historical path is possible. I don't think Texas can really win, as things stand; they can win a defensive battle due to Sam Houston's massive defense bonuses, but they can't hold off the whole Mexican military. If the Texan fluke can't (or shouldn't) be modeled by standard mechanics, an event should be used...I think PDM has one.
Well the AI does half the work for the Texan rebels:
Unless Mexico mobilizes and throws the entirty of its army at Texas in a single pitched battle Texas will always win, Mexicos army for some stupid reason is almost entirely irregulars while Texas gets cavalry, proper infrantry, and cannons, all in numbers 9 times greater than the men Houston had at San Jacinto. Then you get Houston himself with Alexander like leadership skills who's opposition is Santa Anna who reduces army morale by a whopping %20 and if by some dumb luck Mexico beats Houston's army the us will then intervene and happily send your men home in boxes

Mid-great war capitulation to minors. It's the reason I stopped playing the game till patch.

Core gains is broken for me
Code:
trigger = {
		NOT = { is_core = THIS }
		controlled_by = THIS
		is_colonial = no
		OR = {
			is_primary_culture = yes
			is_accepted_culture = yes
			[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]any_neighbor_province = {
				AND = {
					is_core = THIS
					controlled_by = THIS
				}
			}[/COLOR][/B]
		}
		owner = {
			tag = THIS
			is_greater_power = yes
			nationalism_n_imperialism = 1
		}
	}
red part should be removed otherwise Germany for example spreads too fast

Code:
trigger = {
		NOT = { is_core = THIS }
		controlled_by = THIS
		is_colonial = no
		OR = {
			is_primary_culture = yes
				AND = {
					is_core = THIS
					controlled_by = THIS
				}
			}[/COLOR][/B]
		}
		owner = {
			tag = THIS
			is_greater_power = yes
		}
	}

What's wrong with Germany getting cores on land they own which is next to their core area? That's normal core spreading. Removing that would make it very difficult to get cores on areas that don't have your primary culture. If you've got a good example of cores spreading too fast, perhaps the MTTH could be adjusted.

What's wrong with Germany getting cores on land they own which is next to their core area? That's normal core spreading. Removing that would make it very difficult to get cores on areas that don't have your primary culture. If you've got a good example of cores spreading too fast, perhaps the MTTH could be adjusted.
But why cores should be at areas without primary\accepted culture? Currently Germans could spread cores as far as they borders goes. In my game whole Poland became Germans core land.

But why cores should be at areas without primary\accepted culture? Currently Germans could spread cores as far as they borders goes. In my game whole Poland became Germans core land.

Historically, that's exactly what happened; Poland did become Germany's core land. Poland was separated from the German Empire at the end of World War I, and in World War II Germany used a "Regain Core" casus belli, so to speak. :p Remember that core territory is what it considered traditionally and justly yours, regardless of who else might claim it as well, and regardless of whether the local populace agrees with that.

Perhaps the MTTH should be adjusted upwards, I don't recall what it is currently.

I'm not saying that the actual purpose of the war, merely an initial justification of it. The same way you might declare war infamy-free with a valid casus belli, then add more war goals later. "We need more lebensraum" has not traditionally been considered a valid casus belli, after all. But my point was that it's no so strange for Poland to become German core territory.

No fix for the "communists in India" issue?

I'm doing my first HoD game still and as of 1908 Germany is still divided between Prussia and Austria after three brother's wars, five Polish crisis's and two great wars. I'm amazed actually. It seems a French/Russian alliance (sometimes with British help) all game has contained them. Never saw that ever with Vanilla and AHD.

I love the variation in history. In my Portugal game (valiantly holding on to my secondary power status while I try to figure out how to get industry going under LF)(I'm thinking, don't go LF so early is the answer) Britain lost the first Great War, moved down to 5th, became Communist for a few years (college years, typical), and Persia and Japan have been GPs. Russia wants Eritria from me but, as others have mentioned, since it can't walk there it's not apparently otw.

Adjust your message settings, so these events won't cause a pop-up.

In some categories the settings are too broad. For example, to disable endless Bankruptcy CBs I'd have to turn off all CBs gained. Not a good pair of choices.

I want -
1 - notice and details of any peace deal which affects me (if you make a player's armies vanish, you at least owe an explanation);
2 - A way to separate out meaningless, unusable CBs (really, I'm gonna fight all central Europe cause Hesse-Dortmunder stole from me? Why me? What's the worst that could happen? Drowned hopes, that's what. It would take a real bank shot to beat all of the Germans, and you have to watch your back or bad news will put you on the road to ruin. Get real.) from important ones. Basically, repay debts CBs should be their own category.
3 - An explanation (am I missing something?) about where my Colonial Points come from and why I need 833 of my 268 points to make Mozambique a state (a secondary tooltip with where that # comes from). Even the Azores seems beyond my capacity.

I love the variation in history. In my Portugal game (valiantly holding on to my secondary power status while I try to figure out how to get industry going under LF)(I'm thinking, don't go LF so early is the answer) Britain lost the first Great War, moved down to 5th, became Communist for a few years (college years, typical), and Persia and Japan have been GPs. Russia wants Eritria from me but, as others have mentioned, since it can't walk there it's not apparently otw.

In some categories the settings are too broad. For example, to disable endless Bankruptcy CBs I'd have to turn off all CBs gained. Not a good pair of choices.

I want -
1 - notice and details of any peace deal which affects me (if you make a player's armies vanish, you at least owe an explanation);
2 - A way to separate out meaningless, unusable CBs (really, I'm gonna fight all central Europe cause Hesse-Dortmunder stole from me? Why me? What's the worst that could happen? Drowned hopes, that's what. It would take a real bank shot to beat all of the Germans, and you have to watch your back or bad news will put you on the road to ruin. Get real.) from important ones. Basically, repay debts CBs should be their own category.
3 - An explanation (am I missing something) about where my Colonial Points come from and why I need 833 of my 268 points to make Mozambique a state. Even the Azores seems beyond my capacity.

In 3.02 the Azores et al start out as a state.

In 3.02 the Azores et al start out as a state.

Hmm, did I get the wrong islands? Or is 3.02 what's on the way and you know what's in it. Sorry, that was a throw-away line and so I might have the island group all wrong. I was playing last night and I remember I have two territories with accepted culture buros so I keep checking to see if I'm close to being able to convert (by re-NF-ing buros). One is Mozambique at 833 and the other is islands, I thought it was Azores.

Code:
trigger = {
		NOT = { is_core = THIS }
		controlled_by = THIS
		is_colonial = no
		OR = {
			is_primary_culture = yes
				AND = {
					is_core = THIS
					controlled_by = THIS
				}
			}[/COLOR][/B]
		}
		owner = {
			tag = THIS
			is_greater_power = yes
		}
	}

If I read that correctly, the red portion does nothing. THIS country can get a core on any_neighbor_province if that province is a core of THIS country and it is controlled by THIS country. So Germany could only get cores on provinces it controls and already has cores on...