• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
H redwolf, yes of course I had a mind blank and didn't see the Experimental Rocket tech at bottom left - embarrassing for a long-time player like me!

I just wanted to flag 1 more issue - on the same long-term game as Greece, when we entered January 1970 (I had manually extended the game time), all of the tech teams disappear! The tech teams finish what they are researching when entering the 1970s decade but as soon as the research is completed, the tech team vanishes with no further options for tech tree (appreciating there aren't many tech teams left).

I am downloading your special update with Greek leaders and will try again now. Does this have nukes disabled or is this something I should configure myself? One of the reasons I do not like playing with nukes is that AI does not use them wisely and it seems no matter how sophisticated your air defences/air superiority/air scramble/radars/AA are, you can never intercept a nuke. Have the game mechanics for nuclear warfare changed? What I envision is a late-game attack on Canada to take back Rhodes and opportunistically take Dubrovnik while waiting for the aerial onslaught from planes and possibly, nukes.

Also, after the initial ganme flurry with many wars and alliances, the game quietens down late game. Is there a way to change this - ie. by making aggressiveness Furious? Is there also the possibility of allowing alliance blocks to split up and countries going more isolationist with more regional warfare of countries vs countries rather than military alliances vs military alliances?

I cannot wait what is in store next for this fantastic mod!!

• 1Like
Reactions:
1. Which nations are playable and recommended to play besides Germany?
2. What about Ottomans or Poland? Are they playable, do they have any content or events for territorial expansion? On paper, both looks as interesting secondary powers in this scenario.
3. On which nations are you going to focus in the next updates?
4. Thanks for the mod and good luck with future development!

1. All nations are playable and still have their events EXCEPT Austria. Augsgleich has been emptied out and had my events added to it. I suppose you can play as Austria and face a war with Germany. I've edited HUNDREDS of events to keep a consistent timeline of events for any nation.

I would avoid France and Britain as I have not implemented their reunions with their Canada and Nationalist France yet. Best to wait until I do that.

Nations that are more fun with all my fixes:

1. German China the AOG will now ALWAYS grant independence to Republican China or you can become China by selecting certain events. Certain conditions will annex Qing and see you fighting Japan. Try to build a navy that can take Tokyo!

2. Greece was neutral in WWI and starts with an expanded military. You have cores on Anatolia where there are at least 10% Greeks. Russian alliance post WW2 chain not yet been created so France will come for you.

3. Serbia has no Austria to bully her. Taking Croatia from Hungary isn't "possible" unless you can join France somehow.

4. La Plata and Columbia are coded to try and take over South America. Brazil? Mexico also has an interesting path.

5. Ottomans and Bulgaria are trying to survive multifront wars and likely present the greatest challenge outside Germany.

6. Poland is 100% guaranteed to be able to unite with Lithuania and Galicia and form the commonwealth.

7. Italy has a civil war, Ethiopia and Somalia to deal with. The Muslim alliance isn't coded to demand your Libyan provinces yet. They priotirtize Suez and Sudan, but Russia comes to knock em out.

8. A human Norway can unite with Sweden to form communist Scandinavia. It's an ugly green color right now.

9. Spain can forge a destiny anywhere except France basically.

Next update I'm going to code France and Britain to reunite their empires. I think Britain will take over the entente after France criticizes their return to a "monarchy" when King Edward is elected prime minister.

Cheers!

• 2Like
Reactions:
H redwolf, yes of course I had a mind blank and didn't see the Experimental Rocket tech at bottom left - embarrassing for a long-time player like me!

I just wanted to flag 1 more issue - on the same long-term game as Greece, when we entered January 1970 (I had manually extended the game time), all of the tech teams disappear! The tech teams finish what they are researching when entering the 1970s decade but as soon as the research is completed, the tech team vanishes with no further options for tech tree (appreciating there aren't many tech teams left).

I am downloading your special update with Greek leaders and will try again now. Does this have nukes disabled or is this something I should configure myself? One of the reasons I do not like playing with nukes is that AI does not use them wisely and it seems no matter how sophisticated your air defences/air superiority/air scramble/radars/AA are, you can never intercept a nuke. Have the game mechanics for nuclear warfare changed? What I envision is a late-game attack on Canada to take back Rhodes and opportunistically take Dubrovnik while waiting for the aerial onslaught from planes and possibly, nukes.

Also, after the initial ganme flurry with many wars and alliances, the game quietens down late game. Is there a way to change this - ie. by making aggressiveness Furious? Is there also the possibility of allowing alliance blocks to split up and countries going more isolationist with more regional warfare of countries vs countries rather than military alliances vs military alliances?

Add this text file secret weapons tech to your WhatIfGermany/db/tech folder and OVERWRITE the file.

Attachments

• secret_weapons_tech.txt
    42,1 KB · Views: 0

Tech teams likely have coded death dates. Probably have to fix each nation 1 by 1 lol. I have shot down USA nuke planes as Germany in vanilla. Lots of reloading required tho. AI still goes after Vietnam with nukes when at war with Japan. It's terrible.

Hi redwolf, thank you for your prompt responses once again. On the basis of your response above, I will continue to avoid nuclear warfare for now as I remember it as being unrealistic from vanilla times and almost always play without nukes.

The text file you shared with me to disable nukes appears to be read-only rather than downloadable so I will copy and paste the text into the secret weapons file and start a new game with Greece with expanded leaders! Thank you.

The next update regarding France and Britain sounds exciting too and looking forward to it. Will you consider making Russia ally with Romania, Serbia and Greece also? In my Greece game, Russia is strong and we have +200 relations so it may make sense. Eagerly awaiting any updates from you and thank you for all your hard work and effort!

Big update and patch incoming tonight or tomorrow.

Greece, USA and German tech team death dates extended to year 2999. If someone could do this mindless data input task for me I would love it. Some tech teams end in 1942 AND are supposed to wake in 1942 as a more advanced version of the past self.

Russia no longer joins major alliances. She has plans for world domination now.

The airforce "task" nuke is automatically disabled. I created an options decision to enable nukes for all nations. You're welcome!

WW2 will continue after the fall of Germany. Russia will rally the orthodox nations and declare war on France's Internationale for a final battle for mastery of Europe.

Dynamic peace deals divide Germany between France, Russia and Britain. Expect small bugs like Random German provinces being owned by Russia or France instead of their new puppets.

India has gotten the Redwolf915 treatment. Now their election will lead to Bose and Gandhi and the best ministers. They will attack Siam and Japan.

India and Japan will declare war on Russia realizing that a Russian dominated world is a bad future. Ceylon will secede from Britain to join

The Japan China War has MAJOR implications on your endgame.

Japanese Victory: Japan will directly control China and have tens of thousands of extra manpower to build anything they want. I need to test this timeline more because China has been winning a lot. I expect Japan to split her army between Russia and India

Chinese Victory: Japan refuses to surrender even after being expelled from China. Japan will exhaust her manpower and lose divisions on futile attempts to retake China. Japan is a small thorn in Russias side but never manages to hold any land. Navy remains mighty. I need to make China fight Russia and fix their low division count.

Italy now surrenders her colonies by event if she is losing the African wars

Texas will now actually fight Mexico. Original kaiserreich never made them fight for some reason?

Nationalist France joins forces with mainland France to fight off the Russians and German Africa simultaneously.

Thousands of grammar mistakes corrected. Dozens of broken KR events have been fixed.

Communist USA now fights for control of North America. No more pacifism!

Afghanistan joins the Islamic alliance

Ethiopia beats up Somalia. Should Ethiopia team up with German Africa? Should the Islamic alliance come after them for Somalia?

Kaiserreich Credits moved to options menu. You have no idea how annoying this event is in hands-off simulations.

To Do:

Mobilization events

code USA to select Douglas MacArthur and preserve their amazing navy. And then... world domination.

Add more options to division of Austria like i said I would. I dunno. I like thick Bulgaria getting dogpiled in all directions.

Romanian Civil War is still garbage. Fixing it could throw even more bugs into the system.

Britain is still in the internationale instead of the entente. I'm working on fixing their naval invasion AI before reuniting

Switzerland is going to be invaded by everyone it should be fun but requires testing.

Panama keeps white peacing Columbia despite ferocity = yes. I need to investigate the AI files more and make everyone build more infantry in general.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
It will not be that easy because you must change drafted/expert army to mobilization/demobilization policies like in darkest hour full. And must delete all commands in non mobilization event files that move the professional army policies because that would change the mobilization policy and would cripple and break the event cycle.
How about something more simple? No sliders needed.

Event 101
If, Atwar = yes

Then gain 5% dissent in order to raise all land units to maximum strength and gain X% of manpower. Set local flag mobilized.

Event 102
If at war = yes AND local flag mobilized AND manpower = less than 10

Then gain 15% dissent, raise all land units to maximum again, and gain X amount of manpower. Industrial modifier-10%. Set local flag super_mobilized

And of course corresponding demobilization events that reverse these things.

Let me know!

Europe.png
Africa.png
Asia1.png

MidE.png

TRULY A WORLD WAR!!!

How about something more simple? No sliders needed.

Event 101
If, Atwar = yes

Then gain 5% dissent in order to raise all land units to maximum strength and gain X% of manpower. Set local flag mobilized.

Event 102
If at war = yes AND local flag mobilized AND manpower = less than 10

Then gain 15% dissent, raise all land units to maximum again, and gain X amount of manpower. Industrial modifier-10%. Set local flag super_mobilized

And of course corresponding demobilization events that reverse these things.

Let me know!
It sounds great but you should reduce daily manpower gain at least by 60-80%.

Big update and patch incoming tonight or tomorrow.

Greece, USA and German tech team death dates extended to year 2999. If someone could do this mindless data input task for me I would love it. Some tech teams end in 1942 AND are supposed to wake in 1942 as a more advanced version of the past self.

Russia no longer joins major alliances. She has plans for world domination now.

The airforce "task" nuke is automatically disabled. I created an options decision to enable nukes for all nations. You're welcome!

WW2 will continue after the fall of Germany. Russia will rally the orthodox nations and declare war on France's Internationale for a final battle for mastery of Europe.

Dynamic peace deals divide Germany between France, Russia and Britain. Expect small bugs like Random German provinces being owned by Russia or France instead of their new puppets.

India has gotten the Redwolf915 treatment. Now their election will lead to Bose and Gandhi and the best ministers. They will attack Siam and Japan.

India and Japan will declare war on Russia realizing that a Russian dominated world is a bad future. Ceylon will secede from Britain to join

The Japan China War has MAJOR implications on your endgame.

Japanese Victory: Japan will directly control China and have tens of thousands of extra manpower to build anything they want. I need to test this timeline more because China has been winning a lot. I expect Japan to split her army between Russia and India

Chinese Victory: Japan refuses to surrender even after being expelled from China. Japan will exhaust her manpower and lose divisions on futile attempts to retake China. Japan is a small thorn in Russias side but never manages to hold any land. Navy remains mighty. I need to make China fight Russia and fix their low division count.

Italy now surrenders her colonies by event if she is losing the African wars

Texas will now actually fight Mexico. Original kaiserreich never made them fight for some reason?

Nationalist France joins forces with mainland France to fight off the Russians and German Africa simultaneously.

Thousands of grammar mistakes corrected. Dozens of broken KR events have been fixed.

Communist USA now fights for control of North America. No more pacifism!

Afghanistan joins the Islamic alliance

Ethiopia beats up Somalia. Should Ethiopia team up with German Africa? Should the Islamic alliance come after them for Somalia?

Kaiserreich Credits moved to options menu. You have no idea how annoying this event is in hands-off simulations.

To Do:

Mobilization events

code USA to select Douglas MacArthur and preserve their amazing navy. And then... world domination.

Add more options to division of Austria like i said I would. I dunno. I like thick Bulgaria getting dogpiled in all directions.

Romanian Civil War is still garbage. Fixing it could throw even more bugs into the system.

Britain is still in the internationale instead of the entente. I'm working on fixing their naval invasion AI before reuniting

Switzerland is going to be invaded by everyone it should be fun but requires testing.

Panama keeps white peacing Columbia despite ferocity = yes. I need to investigate the AI files more and make everyone build more infantry in general.
I have one wish can you transform all status events of annexed states into decisions because when Im conquering germany as Russia or France sometimes these events start and in most of cases it results in border gore. And last thing can you give integration events "flags" to start them when i take decision to do so, because once i annexed lithuania as Russia and the integration event appeared even before i could take the decision to integrate the baltic states.

I think you should change the 1937 Ausgleich completely.

Austria should try to fix things without german help first and then its up to you to give Austria a chance to create danube federation (the other options are meme tbh, nationalism is too strong for another austria-hungary) or you railroad them into total doom - Habsburgs failing to manage Ausgleich would probably make people/state officials/army revolt and throw them out of Austria and then Austria could ask to join Germany (like they wanted after WW1 and stupid allies prevented them :p). Habsburgs probably would be welcomed in Hungary without allied interference.

Also Belarus leaving Mitteleuropa leads to Poland-Lithuania attacking them - this should only happen after negotiations with Germany where Germany can decide to allow it (this is what happens now, they get full cores on belarus) or only give them some border provinces like Brest and the rest goes back to Germany to create a loyal Belarus. Either way the price should be alliance with Germany (they will ally Germany with a low % chance, defeating Belarus should bring them to Mitteleuropa by event).

Also Qing is railroaded into certain doom, they always get into a war with the Republic and Japan....

Last edited:
It sounds great but you should reduce daily manpower gain at least by 60-80%.
Just for human players right? Nothing I hate more than seeing the AI limping around while I'm deciding the killing blow haha

I have one wish can you transform all status events of annexed states into decisions because when Im conquering germany as Russia or France sometimes these events start and in most of cases it results in border gore. And last thing can you give integration events "flags" to start them when i take decision to do so, because once i annexed lithuania as Russia and the integration event appeared even before i could take the decision to integrate the baltic states.
Yeah Russia should be simple. KR devs used offsets instead of number of days.

Brazilian Slaughter is currently doing this for the Fallout Doomsday mod.

I think you should change the 1937 Ausgleich completely.

Austria should try to fix things without german help first and then its up to you to give Austria a chance to create danube federation (the other options are meme tbh, nationalism is too strong for another austria-hungary) or you railroad them into total doom - Habsburgs failing to manage Ausgleich would probably make people/state officials/army revolt and throw them out of Austria and then Austria could ask to join Germany (like they wanted after WW1 and stupid allies prevented them :p). Habsburgs probably would be welcomed in Hungary without allied interference.

Also Belarus leaving Mitteleuropa leads to Poland-Lithuania attacking them - this should only happen after negotiations with Germany where Germany can decide to allow it (this is what happens now, they get full cores on belarus) or only give them some border provinces like Brest and the rest goes back to Germany to create a loyal Belarus. Either way the price should be alliance with Germany (they will ally Germany with a low % chance, defeating Belarus should bring them to Mitteleuropa by event).

Also Qing is railroaded into certain doom, they always get into a war with the Republic and Japan....
My knowledge of Austria Hungary is tiny. I would need help creating that. Are you wanting to play as Austria? I haven't even considered them as a nation that survives 1938.

Belarus is semi-buggy if left alive. Being absorbed into the Polish Commonwealth is the best option for the WW2 setup.

Germany is basically giving Commonwealth permission to annex the area before it joins Russia. If mitteleuropa ALL declares war on Belarus, Poland would just get it anyway.

Even if Poland tried a pacifist route, Russia is coming for them. Best to throw your chips in with Germany who has already allowed you to annex Lithuania and Galicia. Germany has every incentive to strengthen Poland as an ally against Russia.

A human Qing player has to QUICKLY destroy the AOG and Republican China to even stand a chance against Japan. They are unfortunately sandwiched in the middle destined to fall.

My knowledge of Austria Hungary is tiny. I would need help creating that. Are you wanting to play as Austria? I haven't even considered them as a nation that survives 1938.

Belarus is semi-buggy if left alive. Being absorbed into the Polish Commonwealth is the best option for the WW2 setup.

Germany is basically giving Commonwealth permission to annex the area before it joins Russia. If mitteleuropa ALL declares war on Belarus, Poland would just get it anyway.

Even if Poland tried a pacifist route, Russia is coming for them. Best to throw your chips in with Germany who has already allowed you to annex Lithuania and Galicia. Germany has every incentive to strengthen Poland as an ally against Russia.

A human Qing player has to QUICKLY destroy the AOG and Republican China to even stand a chance against Japan. They are unfortunately sandwiched in the middle destined to fall.
No i want to play Germany, but the Ausgleich should happen in a realistic way.

Its should basically like this:

-Austrian hold onto the danube region is weak, their only hope is to offer the other nations some sort of Danube Federation, going back to just Austria-Hungary is not possible, nobody except Austria and part of Hungary would want this.

-Austria would however never just ask Germany for help in the Ausgleich, they would try to find a solution on their own. Now there could be 4 options:

1. They succeed and create the Federation, they would be weak the first years to get things in order but after that a strong ally for Germany.

2. They fail, ask for German help to force their wishes (making them hated in the other parts of the Empire) - tbh this option would require a lot o events (What if countries fold, what if they want to resist, what if a fight breaks out, will Germany enter the fight or not and so on)

3. They fail, ask for limited German help (no alliance) and despite that still fail to hold the Empire together. Thats the end of Habsburgs in Austria and then Austria would probably ask to join Germany (Austria+Sudetenland as they wished otl) and Habsburgs would probably establish themselves as Kings of Hungary.

4. They fail, dont ask Germany for intervention and revolution sweeps the Habsburgs out of Austria. Austria joins Germany.

-Germany just deciding that Habsburg dominance is over and allying Hungary is unrealistic, such a thing would never be accepted by Habsburgs, it would be their end and basically lead to option 3 or 4 mentioned before.

BTW: I think the concept of Austria not holding Sudetenland at the start of the Scenario is wrong in Kaiserreich, they would not give the german speaking territories to Czechs, that only happened otl because of Allied faildrawing of borders.

Last edited:
Reactions:
BTW: I think the concept of Austria not holding Sudetenland at the start of the Scenario is wrong in Kaiserreich, they would not give the german speaking territories to Czechs, that only happened otl because of Allied faildrawing of borders.
Agreed I'm doing this immediately. Other stuff is. Work. lol

Hungary now receives upon the end of puppeting:
command = { type = headofstate which = 21185 } #István Bethlen
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 21186 } #Pál Teleki

Probably need to WAKE Austrian leaders for Germany too

Last edited:
Agreed I'm doing this immediately. Other stuff is. Work. lol

Hungary now receives upon the end of puppeting:
command = { type = headofstate which = 21185 } #István Bethlen
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 21186 } #Pál Teleki

Probably need to WAKE Austrian leaders for Germany too
If the Habsburgs fall in Austria they should become Kings of Hungary with a considerable chance, Charles tried it twice and only failed out of fear of allied intervention in Hungary (Hungary was a Kingdom after all until 1945 so they probably want this).

Reactions:
If the Habsburgs fall in Austria they should become Kings of Hungary with a considerable chance, Charles tried it twice and only failed out of fear of allied intervention in Hungary (Hungary was a Kingdom after all until 1945 so they probably want this).
Would a habsburg led Hungary join mitteleuropa ? Hungary in the current build keeps a habsburg as head of state.