• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Redwolf915

Major
7 Badges
Aug 31, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
Alpha Release 005
CHECKSUM: FIKM

Do NOT make a copy of any folders. This baby is 600MB it's all you need.

France is blue again! The dark brown-red for Italy and Spain was just.. yeah.

Belgium, France and Germany get more forts, bigger forts. Been meaning to do that for a while.

Police, Engineer and Super heavy artillery brigades heavily buffed to make you consider choosing them. Need feedback.

USA will win their civil war 99% of the time.

Will fight Mexico a 2nd time for conquest. Will conquer Canada and rest of North America. Still working on their invade Europe and Japan AI.

AI Russia nerfed into focusing a bit more on navy

Colombia now conquers Peru

Argentina will conquer Chile and puppet Brazil.

These two form an alliance after blobbing.

Austria division chain mostly complete
Bosnia and Montenegro now join Serbia instead by default. Bulgaria can actually hold out longer with less territory to defend.

Britain will send tons of troops to France now in addition to their Denmark landing. No free troops just good ole AI manipulation.

Egypt will integrate allied Libya.

France will annex Nationalist France if:

1. Canada no longer exists
Or
2. France is fighting Russia in WW3

All Nationalist leaders now wake upon this inherit/annex event.

France gets cores on Algiers and Tunisia. Will try to liberate Morocco.

*Eventually I will make an event chain where they elect Petain or DeGaulle but lets focus on balancing the world wars first.

If Germany escapes to Africa they will get huge morale buffs. I need to work on this more.

Mittelafrika will intervene in the South African Civil War by just attacking everyone involved. I know the UK wouldn't let this happen but it makes late game Germany more fun to watch.

China and USA provinces received a major IC rework and buffs.

AI fixes everywhere. Every day I learn a little more about the mystery that is Hoi2 AI files...

In the rare event that Cyprus revolts it will join Greece.

Greece and Egypt no longer "liberate" Turkey. One claims to be Rome 2.0 and the other claims to be the leader of Islam.

Did you know the Cavalry brigade got replaced by rocket artillery in the game files for KR? I just found that out and it only took up 3 hours of my life. Ugh haha.

Tons of other stuff I need sleep

############
To do:

Bring back the United Kingdom

Orthodox nations still automatically join Russia. Consider it to be for your own benefit right now lol. France wants to destroy your monarchy anyway

Make AI USA invade long distances. Russia will invade Madagascar so idk what's happening here. Wasted 12 hours of my life on this already haha.

Mobilization events

German Asia might need its own tag so Japan can just conquer it. Weird border things happen

Need to investigate endless Russian manpower.

Could create a conflict where Serbia and Greece fight over Macedonia and Romania is left to her own civil war.

Need to create German funded rebellions in Russia during WW2. Has anyone won ww2 as Germany? I've still yet to actually play my own mod lol.

#####OLD BUT RELEVANT STUFF BELOW######

######Things to know#####
1. France and Germany will start WW2 in mid 1940 to allow more build up time.

2. Most AI nations are railroaded into making smart choices or unifications. No more 1% chances of ruining your endgame alliances. Prepare for bugs, but KR is a sturdy mod to begin with.

3. Trying to ally Japan is a waste of time. They hate everyone and want to conquer the world. Considering giving them cores on a few Chinese cities. A human Russia can ally Japan but maybe I should prevent this too.

4. Italy, Poland, Hungary, Finland and Bulgaria are your friends.

5. Britain WILL invade Denmark with a large number of divisions via event troops. Your navy won't make a difference in the initial invasion.

6. Spain railroaded into commie victory now. Still winnable as a human.

8. The Ottomans are a LOYAL ally but they come with many enemies!

9. Mexico is hard-coded to participate in the USA war.

10. Most AI now have ferocity = yes. This means you won't see peace treaties prematurely ending your wars.

11. Japan, USA and other AI have been edited to build more infantry and less other things. There's nothing sadder than invading the USA only to find 36 infantry divisions and 2 tanks.

#######What is missing in Alpha?########

3. Leaders, tech teams, ministers.

6. Full Denmark crisis chain

10. Military control in Persian and other civil wars.

11. Mobilization events.

GermanCentury.png

#########OLD BELOW##########

I've been watching YouTuber Possible History and his What if Germany won WW1 scenario is just so plausible it makes me giddy. I want to build on Kaiserreich, but make everything plausible. No syndicalist UK. No USA Civil War. This is WW1 part 2! I want to provide a plausible yet painful yet winnable single player experience for a human German player. I will combine Possible History with Kaiserreich to create a brand new bouncing baby boy.

Point of divergence: William Jennings Bryant gains Democratic nomination and wins US presidency. USA doesn't intervene. Austria invades Serbia nearly a month sooner and forgoes much diplomacy. More at Possible History

Key German Decisions:

1. The first crisis you will deal with is the dissolution of AustriaHungary. They're basically going to get Munich conferenced by Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland and Ukraine. As the leader of Europe you decide who gets what and this will influence whether they join your alliance, aim to undermine you or stay neutral. There will be an option to preserve AustriaHungary but expect everyone else to hate you. Consider whether having Poland as a stronk ally would make the front with Russia even larger. Russia could always just invade Poland anyway and cleave your middle flank.

Major choices include balkanizing the balkans, giving most of it to Bulgaria or even creating Yugoslavia. Will you give Croatia to Hungary or the Slavs? Does Italy deserve Dalmatia? How big do you want Romania to be? What shape will Poland take?

2. The fate of the Austria-Bohemia rump state. This will have you either trying to peacefully annex Austria, puppet Bohemia, and gain the remaining remaining troops which will have some penalties... or the player can invade Austria-Bohemia for cores which will result in "everyone disliked that", but who's going to stop you?

3. Ethiopia. Backing Italy in the first crisis and here should get them in your alliance. But is Italy more of a liability than an ally?

4. Ottoman Empire. Will you make sacrifices to support your old ally as her empire crumbles, let them join the New Entente or encourage the implosion? Probably depends on if your army relies on oil.

5. The Invasion of Denmark. When WW2 breaks out Germany will have the option to invade Denmark to protect their northern border. I don't know if I'll have Denmark capitulate early like OTL and cede the peninsula for peace (giving us a cute little island Denmark) or have them join the entente and hold out. Probably the former.

Key Changes:

1. Italy. She will have either have stayed neutral or joined the Central powers. Either way they want Austria's territory. I will basically bring back original timeline Italy maybe even Mussolini. Will you ally Italy and win their civil war or let them join your enemies? Perhaps keeping them neutral will be the most optimal strategy.

2. France. She will be reunited. Whether it will be Syndicalist, Nationalist or closer to vanilla OTL France I'm not sure. The new maginot line will extend from the Mediterranean sea to the English Channel with level 10 forts. Hope you know how to naval invade or use paratroopers!

3. UK. The empire accepted a white peace with Germany in WW1. The Royal Navy is back and bigger than ever. The UK will even station troops in France prepared for the rematch. Additionally the UK island will be extra fortified with locked garrisons, coastal forts and inland forts to dampen even the most cheesiest of cheese tactics. Some of my shenanigans from all in one mod will be here.

4. Russia. There is no 2nd Russian civil war. There will be no barbarossa disaster. The Bear is well prepared. Will you spend resources to try and cause revolts in Russia or beat them with force?

5. Japan. Vanilla Japan will make a return as the scourge of the pacific. However I plan to beef up China like I did in the all in one mod to make the war drag out like in real life.

6. USA. The United States will be united. I will have an interventionist win the US election, and the USA will join the New Entente near the start of WW2. Usa will be hard-coded to win their civil war and seek world domination. Their nuclear program will be slower and nuclear tech teams weaker than vanilla.

7. Germany. I think all she needs is a bigger navy.

Q&A:

Q: Isn't this just vanilla WW2 but with blackjack and hookers instead of Stalin and Hilter?

A: Perhaps but Germany will be on a defensive two front war before 1940. Unless you're just the encirclement king. Hilter will appear as a skill 1 major general with offensive doctrine. Maybe Trotsky should appear too I'm not sure what he would be doing in this timeline of a democratic Russia with fascist/Communist tendencies

Q: No seriously. You're just teaming up Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania again aren't you?

A: History doesn't often repeat, but it does rhyme. Also Poland and Ukraine are on the table for the New Central Powers. You're most likely picking between Bulgaria and Ottomans...or Serbia, Greece and Romania without skillful diplomacy

Q: France, Russia, USA and UK versus Germany and Italy is just like vanilla with extra steps.

A: It is a rematch, but Germany is coming into the 1930s as defending their world champ title, and with a bigger navy. France and Russia will be the aggressors. Your enemies will be trying to get nukes, and the longer you drag out the war the worse it will get. Japan will hate everyone. USA will also want to conquer the world.

Q: Nukes ruin the late game!

A: Not really a question, but I will provide an easy way to turn nukes off. Still though, shooting down enemy strategic bombers over the ocean is just satisfying.

Q: How long will this take and do you need help?

A: I have most of the code visualized in my head. I could do this in a weekend if my toddlers don't attack me too much. What I need is play testers. I need to know if it's too easy too hard or just right.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I've tinkered with a similar idea for more than a decade. I think Kaiserreich is great and part of its popularity has to do with its openness and large number of options, most of which are fun but not realistic. You can pull of all sorts of wacky things, such as upgrading your massive Mongolian cavalry horde into helicopter divisions. And just to clarify: I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Kaiserreich is a fantasy sandbox with a loose connection to real history. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a fun mod and years ago I actually wrote a few events for the mod (they have to do with Indian economy).

My main problem with Kaiserreich is its unpredictability and the fact that just about anything can happen, which takes away from immersion. I would appreciate a mod that attempts to create a plausible take on Germany-dominated world. Personally, I would set this mod in the 1920's, in the immediate aftermath of the Great War. Obviously, alternative history is never realistic per se; we can never know for certain what would have happened. But setting the events just a few years after the Great War would remove a lot chaos and arbitrariness from the timeline. Plus it would set the mod apart from Kaiserreich and vanilla Hearts of Iron. For example, armor technology would be less advanced. You could have two lines of tanks: infantry tanks (slow and heavy) plus cruiser tanks (weak but fast). There would be a greater emphasis on cavalry. You could have an upgrade chain something like this: Tribal Cavalry → Main Battle Cavalry → Great War Cavalry → Mixed Cavalry → Semi-Motorized → Semi-Mechanized → Armored Cavalry. Semi-Motorized would enable motorized infantry divisions and Semi-Mechanized to mechanized (half-track) divisions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've tinkered with a similar idea for more than a decade. I think Kaiserreich is great and part of its popularity has to do with its openness and large number of options, most of which are fun but not realistic. You can pull of all sorts of wacky things, such as upgrading your massive Mongolian cavalry horde into helicopter divisions. And just to clarify: I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Kaiserreich is a fantasy sandbox with a loose connection to real history. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a fun mod and years ago I actually wrote a few events for the mod (they have to do with Indian economy).

My main problem with Kaiserreich is its unpredictability and the fact that just about anything can happen, which takes away from immersion. I would appreciate a mod that attempts to create a plausible take on Germany-dominated world. Personally, I would set this mod in the 1920's, in the immediate aftermath of the Great War. Obviously, alternative history is never realistic per se; we can never know for certain what would have happened. But setting the events just a few years after the Great War would remove a lot chaos and arbitrariness from the timeline. Plus it would set the mod apart from Kaiserreich and vanilla Hearts of Iron. For example, armor technology would be less advanced. You could have two lines of tanks: infantry tanks (slow and heavy) plus cruiser tanks (weak but fast). There would be a greater emphasis on cavalry. You could have an upgrade chain something like this: Tribal Cavalry → Main Battle Cavalry → Great War Cavalry → Mixed Cavalry → Semi-Motorized → Semi-Mechanized → Armored Cavalry. Semi-Motorized would enable motorized infantry divisions and Semi-Mechanized to mechanized (half-track) divisions.
Sounds like arms armistice and revolutions! The sheer amount of involved work it would take to give every nation new ministers, tech and 1920s armies would have to be set up. Makes my brain hurt.

The main problem with KR is also its greatest strength. Freedom and choice over plausibility.

I'll be Frankensteining Kaiserreich and vanilla together sometime this week. Got my Austrian event chain outlined

Yes, I agree with you about Kaiserreich. I also agree that it would be a major pain in the butt to do all the research needed for a 1920's scenario. I sort of hope there would be a misc option that allowed the player to remove all ministers but the Head of State and the Head of Government.

Good luck and have fun with your Frankenreich.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Will this Germany have overseas colonies? and if so, will they invest in them( improving the IC & Infra, or garrisoning them well & defending them)?

• 1Like
Reactions:
PROOF OF CONCEPT

This is going to be good. Thoughts on the color swaps and Red Italy being disunited?

Attachments

• GermanCentury.png
    GermanCentury.png
    440,1 KB · Views: 0
Yes, I agree with you about Kaiserreich. I also agree that it would be a major pain in the butt to do all the research needed for a 1920's scenario. I sort of hope there would be a misc option that allowed the player to remove all ministers but the Head of State and the Head of Government.

For Germany? Of course. Since I only intend Germany to be playable this should only take a few more days.

Will this Germany have overseas colonies? and if so, will they invest in them( improving the IC & Infra, or garrisoning them well & defending them)?
Yes. Germany will have their WW1 empire. Currently in my scenario Germany only took Indochina, Morocco and Chad from France. They took Congo from Belgium. Mittelafrika is still in my version. It needs some buffs now but I left cores all over Africa for a player that wants to enlarge Mittelafrika

Last edited:
Yes. Germany will have their WW1 empire. Currently in my scenario Germany only took Indochina, Morocco and Chad from France. They took Congo from Belgium. Mittelafrika is still in my version. It needs some buffs now but I left cores all over Africa for a player that wants to save Mittelafrika
What about Holland- Suriname & Indonesia?

Yes. I think I will railroad Indonesia into revolting and that's when Japan will invade for resources but SAY it is to put down Syndicalists. Holland will appeal to the UK and Germany for help, but they're too focused on each other to intervene.

Holland can declare war on Japan or accept their helplessness which the AI will always do the latter.

The german player can offer Holland an alliance and declare war on Japan, but trust me you'd rather make Japan an ally.

Progress Report: As I started combing the events in KR it turns out a lot of them are really good if you railroad the AI into making logical decisions.

I think the easiest way to get an Alpha build out ASAP is to have France inherit Nationalist France and have UK inherit the Commonwealth Members to regain its Navy and allies then release puppets.

Waking leaders and tech teams will be done after Alpha release. Then I'll move on to balancing great powers for multiplayer.

Ww2 now guaranteed to happen in 1939 over Alsace lorraine. No more early/random ww2

Event Progress:

Romania 50%

Persia 40%

Greece 90%

Serbia 60%

Ottoman Empire 50%

Bulgaria 90%

AustriaHungary&Friends 50%

Italy 50%

Spain&Portugal 20%

Holland/Indonesia 50%

USA 10%

UK 15%

France 90%

Germany 60%

MittelAfrika 75%

Japan 80%

Poland 40%

Ukraine 20%

Egypt 40%

Persia 20%

Canada, Australia, SAfrica, Carib etc. 20%

Mexico 10%

Mongolia 50%

Scandinavia 10%

Russia 75%

Soviet Russia 95% (Should we even use them? The revolution failed once. Soviet expansion events are easier to read tho)

South America: Why change anything? I like it personally.

India: I kind of like the setup of India. Might make Delhi the British Raj.

Weekend update:

Event Progress:

Romania 80%

Persia 80%

Greece 90%

Serbia 95%

Ottoman Empire 90%

Bulgaria 95%

AustriaHungary&Friends 55%

Italy 80%

Spain&Portugal 40%

Holland/Indonesia 55%

USA 15%

UK 25%

France 95%

Germany 90%

MittelAfrika 95%

Japan 90%

Poland 60%

Ukraine 60%

Egypt/Arabia 95%

Persia 50%

Canada, Australia, SAfrica, Carib etc. 25%

Mexico 20%

Mongolia 80%

Scandinavia 20%

Russia 99%

Soviets 95% - Halted but will be available for human player

India 75% (Delhi no longer starts in entente)

Latin America 25% (Low priority forcalpha release)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm keeping an eye on this, even though it has been ages since I picked up DH.

• 2Like
Reactions:
This looks very promising, I am intrigued and hope for the best with your project. I have a question, Is this mod planned to be a short run and with limited scope or are you planning to turn this project into something bigger?

• 1Like
Reactions:

Attachments

• GermanCentury.png
    GermanCentury.png
    364,5 KB · Views: 0
Alpha Release 1.0
Make sure to choose the FIRST option for ALL events dividing Austria Hungary if playing as Germany. I spent 24 hours getting this baby into shape for you guys.

Do NOT make a copy of any folders. This baby is 600MB it's all you need.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Alpha uploaded check it out!

Reactions:
Hello congratulations on the alpha release. Do you plan to add mobilisation events because thats the biggest red flag for me in kaiserreich for example.
I can probably do that. Just copy and paste the Darkest Hour Full events in there right?

Why did the KR team remove mobilization events? Did the supply costs cause people to get damaged divisions? Because we can easily remove that

This looks very promising, I am intrigued and hope for the best with your project. I have a question, Is this mod planned to be a short run and with limited scope or are you planning to turn this project into something bigger?
Redbull gives me ideas haha. With all the original KR events what more content would you like?

Ive been thinking about a defeated Germany retreats to MittelAfrika and starts nuclear program and raises forts and coastal forts everywhere seeking revenge on the world. The native Africans will join them and I should be able to wake leaders from different African nations. Might even make a non-racist Hitler their leader. Instead of blaming Jews for Germany losing WW1 now he's hating France, Russia and Britain for destroying his country in WW2.

The USA... I plan to turn it into a monster dictatorship that seeks to conquer the entire world after its civil war. Only player intervention will stop the USA from winning its Civil War.

Russia will leave the French alliance and start its own Entente. I think a showdown with France over who owns Berlin would be fun. Britain will help France but have her hands full with super USA, German Africa, and Japan/China

I want to expand Egypt's alliance to be a pan Muslim nation. Currently they get stomped by Russia after ww2 when they seize Suez from Britain haha.

All ideas are welcome. This is my Christmas present to the community.

• 2Like
Reactions: