• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1704627196023.jpeg

The unification event seems to be misfiring before the war against Germany even starts.

View attachment 1071535
The unification event seems to be misfiring before the war against Germany even starts.
If Canada no longer exists the Nationalists will rejoin France. This is working as designed currently :) Need to make a separate event when I can. Wife says I am playing on the computer too much lol

Who's hyped for this GFX update? Nearly every single province now has its own image!

GFX4Land.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
I think I'll build 1 more event chain before releasing the next version.

Usa defeats Canada causing the King to flee to Britain.

Britain welcomes the Royal family home and uses them as propaganda puppets against fascist USA and German empire. They inherit Canada and Carrib giving them the largest navy in game

National France will leave the entente and ponder her next move. Seek a reunion with mainland France and challenge Germany together or perhaps ally the USA and wipe our syndicalism together.

Usa demands all territory on their continent in exchange for peace and Britain agrees. This will allow safe evac of troops

Australsia is the last member of the entente and will ally the USA to deter Japanese expansion. They have no interest in Britain at this point.

Having the USA aim to land in Portugal/Spain for ww2 should create a very interesting multilayered sandwich. Having them invade Japan just leaves them overextended and with like 8 transports remaining.

Thoughts? Input?

I know the timeline calls for a UK that never fell but I'm woooooorkin on it. I guess I'm trying to build the end game before going back to fix the pre game.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The german navy should probably be reworked - i think Kaiserreich is wrong here and your mod is based on that. They should have atleast one more 1922 tech carrier (they would have built this in case of a victory https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ausonia_(Schiff,_1915) - experimental name Flugzeugträger "I" but i would name it SMS Ausonia tbh.) to put up more of a fight against the other navies.

Regarding battleships and cruisers: They should have more modern ships. By 1936 they would have scrapped a lot of the old Dreadnaughts (like pre 1913 tech) or atleast have upgraded them. Super Dreadnaughts (1913+ tech) should be kept though. In general Germany should have more modern ships from 1920-1935 at the start of the scenario in 1936.

The amount of fighters and naval bombers assaulting Germany is also insane, maybe the starting Luftwaffe should be a bit bigger?

Last thing: Manpower pool is too small atleast for very hard.

Reactions:
I have the flu. Will be a while b4 I can work on this

I have been playing a long-term game with Ethiopia and really enjoying it, having reached 1965. I appreciate the extended amount of leaders for each branch, the simplified tech tree and the ability to disable nukes that go to the core of enjoying a long-term game.

After taking the Italian possessions in East Africa I joined in a war against Egypt and steadily reached and took the Suez Canal, Cairo and Alexandria. In my first play-through I stalled and kept an army at Tobruk in stalemate defence while I pierced into the Middle East going all the way up to Gaziantep and down to Saudi before being pushed back by the superior British troops who were also in war against Egypt but also Russia, who I was at peace with. I tried a second strategy where I stalled at Eilat and took all of the Egyptian possessions in Africa / West Africa. This went well as the British successful counter-attack against the Egyptians inevitably opens a front between Russia and Britain where Russia prevails.

The second strategy was also successful in amassing 2000+ manpower as the Egyptian army was weak and constantly on the retreat. In the first playthrough, many bloody battles of attrition caused me a manpower issue as I was below 200 and preferred to use the manpower to replenish the existing army then build new troops.

2 small bugs to report:
-Around 1963, my entire political cabinet disappeared with no options to replace them. This did not appear to affect other countries - it just worked as making the game harder as I lost the bonuses to reduce supplies, improve manpower growth etc.
-The titles of the production pop-ups after you successfully order jungle/winter/sturdy equipment and get notified that these are available is a string of code text.

Generally the playthrough was lovely and the improved AI was noticeable on the army front - little navy activity though and airforce is too early to tell.

Thank you for a fantastic experience!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Alright bud just for you:

Russian Orthodox alliance now allows you to decline, Greek players.

Manpower buffs for everyone except Russia. Russia starting manpower nerfed in half. Restored a bit of Russian infantry build AI

Is there anyway you could use a different file share service? pixeldrain isn't opening for me and I really wanna try this mod out :'(

Reactions:
I am going through some really bad real life stuff right now. I will do the next update on this mod one day this year. Darkest Hour is a game I go back to over and over years after years. I don't even like Hoi3 or 4. DH interface and micromanaging is just great. The map with the large provinces makes the AI fully capable of managing fronts. I love EU4 but the randomness and constant restarting makes me so mad haha. I fixed the USA invasion AI so I at least owe you guys a hotfix.

I shall return.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Is there anyway you could use a different file share service? pixeldrain isn't opening for me and I really wanna try this mod out :'(
What website do you want me to use for you?

I am going through some really bad real life stuff right now. I will do the next update on this mod one day this year. Darkest Hour is a game I go back to over and over years after years. I don't even like Hoi3 or 4. DH interface and micromanaging is just great. The map with the large provinces makes the AI fully capable of managing fronts. I love EU4 but the randomness and constant restarting makes me so mad haha. I fixed the USA invasion AI so I at least owe you guys a hotfix.

I shall return.
Hang in there, buddy!

• 1Like
Reactions: