Werewolf Lite CCXXXII - Two dukes, that's one too many !

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
30px-Armoiries_Armagnac-Rodez.svg.png
Vote Count by Charles VI Valois, King of France
30px-Blason_fr_Bourgogne.svg.png

Adamus (4) : Reis (#193), Steed (#198,#199,#207), Malurous (#214), Rendap (#206,#215)
Rendap (2) : Telesien (#188), Adamus (#197)
Reis (1) : Taii (#196)
Nautilu (1) : Nautilu (#211)

Not voted : Split

30px-Armoiries_Armagnac-Rodez.svg.png
Accounts by Charles VI Valois, King of France
30px-Blason_fr_Bourgogne.svg.png

The predicament is getting dire. Out of the 17 noblemen who answer King Charles VI's call for peace talks, 8 are dead. All this lead people to suspect the acts of a lunatic. So it was suggested that Sir Adamus might be somewhat wonko for pretending he was Emperor of some distant, possibly fantasy land.

Therefore, Sir Adamus was grabbed and taken for questionning. After hours of tortures during which he maintained his innocence, he expired. Further search of his chambers indicated that he was truely part of the House of Bourguignon.

That night, everyone barricaded themselves in their chambers, wondering who would not survive the night. The following morning, Rendap did not meet the others. After the guards cut their way through the door of his chambers, he was found apparently fast asleep in his bed. Early indication he was poisonned.

Sir Adamus the
Burgundian Nobleman (Villager) is lynched
Sir Rendap the
Burgundian Nobleman (Villager) is hunted

I gave it an extra hour, as Split hadn't voted.

If someone want to sub in, please post NOW and you are in ;)

It would appear our GM changed the rules and went with a 3-man wolf pack, which, unlike he might believe, actually makes things harder for the village, and introduces a greater element of luck in the game...

I thought it was a full quota game so 4 wolves?? Great, im not complaining if its 3.. even better if its 2

So, 3 wolves, 4 villagers. Ties are out of question, as they can easily be broken in favor of the wolves, unless we manage to tie both of them.

This actually would be a quite interesting situation, had I more info to base my speculation. Adamus looked guilty, but he is known to look guilty even when innocent, the Big game can attest to that.

@ Steed : If it was 4 wolves, it would have been parity. Given that our GM bothered to change the rules to create the possibility of a pack of three...

It would appear our GM changed the rules and went with a 3-man wolf pack, which, unlike he might believe, actually makes things harder for the village, and introduces a greater element of luck in the game...

If the first post is to be believed there is at least one player, possibly two or three, with no role at all.

So, 3 wolves, 4 villagers. Ties are out of question, as they can easily be broken in favor of the wolves, unless we manage to tie both of them.

This actually would be a quite interesting situation, had I more info to base my speculation. Adamus looked guilty, but he is known to look guilty even when innocent, the Big game can attest to that.

@ Steed : If it was 4 wolves, it would have been parity. Given that our GM bothered to change the rules to create the possibility of a pack of three...

Yeah i know that it would have been plarity... I will hold my hands up and say that i knew, thats why i went for the tie with Rendap and Adamus to give us a chance..
I thought 4 wolves have won if we dont hit one...
So went for the tie to have the greater chance...

Looks like id have failed due to Rendap being eaten anyway and being good. Its odd that they ate him though as id have run him up today as a cert wolf??

Thanks for the hunt wolfies, give use an extra day to find you,,, ta very much

If the first post is to be believed there is at least one player, possibly two or three, with no role at all.

First, you're a ghost. Ghosts do not comment on rules likely to have an impact in the game, as it used to be in the rules. Then, the role section has this:

3 or 4 X Orléans Noblemen (Werewolf) : Followers of Charles d'Orléans

Need more popcorn! GO "insert your choice of Village or Werewolves here"

Im puzzled why Rendap was hunted?? He was run up before i swopped off him onto Adamus for the tie..

Surley they would have hunted someone else if they knew they couldnt get plarity and then accused Rendap today = game over..??

This means (i hope) that they wernt online to swop the hunt order etc...

I will look in the only place i can and Vote Taii or Tel .

Gotto be wolfs, early voting and didnt realise the hunt order.

Hmmm... i basically copied the rules from Adamus' Werewolf Lite CCXXXI - OMGZ Its Werewolf Lite game. And his game help three wolves as well.

Given it was only my second game (maybe Hdk was right to say i should have waited a little more before hosting), i assumed some had 4 wolves, others 3.

Hmmm... i basically copied the rules from Adamus' Werewolf Lite CCXXXI - OMGZ Its Werewolf Lite game.

*quote edited*

Adamus' game had fifteen players. This one has seventeen, so you need to fix the numbers so they can at least add up to seventeen.

Well, sorry, guys... i failed to spot the difference in total number of players :eek:o

If i add a 4th wolf, game is over.

I feel bad about this... i was too eager to GM, having so much fun here. It seems i wasn't quite ready after all :sad:

Normally, one wolf is cut down when you can't hit the 17 player mark, as tamius said. It has something to do with the golden proportion, I think :rofl:

The thing about there being less wolves, is that, while it may seem easier for a blindfolded villager picking out random targets, it is normally harder because there is less info to go on.

Don't do anything gigau. Let the game run it's course, both sides still have a chance at winning. To be honest, it is as much your fault as it is ours for not reading the first post (which is a pernicious habit, especially in Lite).

sub!

Normally, one wolf is cut down when you can't hit the 17 player mark, as tamius said. It has something to do with the golden proportion, I think :rofl:

Yes. The golden ratio for a single pack game is 3 villagers per wolf, plus 1.*
The 'plus one' villager can be omitted if you don't give the wolves a night 0 hunt, though.

*) (That changes with large numbers of players, however. It's not actually linear, it just looks like that with less than 20-24 players or so.)

Don't do anything gigau. Let the game run it's course, both sides still have a chance at winning. To be honest, it is as much your fault as it is ours for not reading the first post (which is a pernicious habit, especially in Lite).

Yep. Let it play out. There have been worse mistakes made by GM's in the past.