• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just noticed there's a browser-based werewolf/mafia game called Town of Salem.

No link as per forum policy.

Looks interesting, anyone have any experience with it?

It's browser based and the daylight last minutes, so I don't know if everyone on this forum can get used to that. Game has a lot of roles BUT on the other hand you can customize which roles are in the game, so that's good.
It has a lot of trolls sadly, but if we make a group or something to play it would be very fun, I am sure.

It's browser based and the daylight last minutes, so I don't know if everyone on this forum can get used to that. Game has a lot of roles BUT on the other hand you can customize which roles are in the game, so that's good.
It has a lot of trolls sadly, but if we make a group or something to play it would be very fun, I am sure.

Daylight lasting minutes changes the game completely. No vote switches. No PMs. No carefully planned treachery. No manipulation.

Its a completely different game then. Not saying its worthless, indeed I might try it, but its not Paradox WW by any means.

Its like comparing fast food to a 4 star meal. It has a place if you have no time for real WW, buts its not real WW.

Daylight lasting minutes changes the game completely. No vote switches. No PMs. No carefully planned treachery. No manipulation.

Its a completely different game then. Not saying its worthless, indeed I might try it, but its not Paradox WW by any means.

Its like comparing fast food to a 4 star meal. It has a place if you have no time for real WW, buts its not real WW.
Could be useful for practicing short-term persuasion skills, that could come in handy near deadline.

^This. My little lady plays Town of Salem and it is completely different. I've tried it a few times and I always end up doing horribly. There is almost no time to analyze and it feels to me like scanner roles are far more important in that game because of how short a day is. A regular villager doesn't have time to build a real case against someone. It's just too fast paced for how I prefer to play.

^This. My little lady plays Town of Salem and it is completely different. I've tried it a few times and I always end up doing horribly. There is almost no time to analyze and it feels to me like scanner roles are far more important in that game because of how short a day is. A regular villager doesn't have time to build a real case against someone. It's just too fast paced for how I prefer to play.

90% of the games is basically someone claiming scanner, everyone claims to said scanner, then the scanner lynchs counterclaims, repeat until the baddies are dead.

Felt like this might be of interest to someone.

Werewolf Lite GMs

Date: 25-12-14
Last Game: CCCXVI

27: EUROO7

21: Olaus Petrus

19: the_hdk

14: jacob_Lundgren

11: Gen. Skobelev

9: Raczynski

8: Lemeard, Panzer Commader

7: Thistletooth, Capibara

6: jonti-h, Rysz, Cliges

5: Ironhead 5, Steed, Llywelyn, OrangeYoshi, marty99, esemesas, tamius23

4: Mr. G, Heimdall, snoopdogg, Ciryandor, Najs, Falc, Adamus, Arkasas

3: J. Passepartout, General Hannibal, Skarion, Jamie550, walrus, Yakman, randakar, Capt. Kiwi, Taiisatai64, Wagonlitz, madchemist

2: sbr, von Loch Ness, White Daimon, Slinky, Jingles, Tornadoli, reis91, Vainglory, Malurous, gigau, Rendap, tonkatoy5, alxeu, LatinKaiser,

1: ForzaA, General di tuti, Osteles, Bodvar Jarl, Carthade, CatKnight, Ayeshteni, The Gonzo, HebrewHammer, Zast, Mats_SX, StormSand, Trinitrotoluen, Jayavarman, Dysken, Noble Helium, Xennik, humancalculator, jensthemens, Lord Strange, Lord_D, okyriosy, joebthegreat, Cuthuthulu, Eternaly_Lost, Kaetje, Boris ze Spider, Athalcor, telesien, son of liberty, Rep Bentley, k-59, citizen1oo1, trespoe, gliomarto, Hax, kaisersohaib, 2kNikk, brovahkiin, happycats517

---

The thread starter is considered sole GM, with the exception of the EURO/Lemeard/bus game, which counts for both EURO and Lemeard. (I was considering adding the bus on to the list, but it occurred to me that that would be too silly.)

Suck it, hdk.

WEREWOLF CLXXII​
CHERRY PIE LANE, FAIRFIELD

denver_suburbs.jpg

Welcome to Fairfield, Colorado.

A newly built suburb outside of Denver, hundreds of families are pouring into the cheap and seemingly perfect homes. Jobs from the city provide a life of ease in town, while the large lawns and larger homes provide each and every family the space they need. However it is not as it seems, as even though the crime commonly found in the inner city is no where to be seen, disappearances are happening.

At first it was the teenage hoodlums from Jenkos, the rival suburb that commonly used Fairfields as their stomping ground. However it seems that now that the entire football team from Jenkos High School is gone, whatever powers that be have turned on Fairfields itself.

The members of Cherry Lane are terrified out of their minds, but does the darkness that strikes hide within the very lane, and is anyone safe?

[video=youtube;XZmkKL27z1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmkKL27z1w[/video]

Werewolf CLXXIII: The Heart of Africa

My Dearest Beatrice,

I know it is with a heavy heart that you and our beloved boys await my return, but I'm afraid that I must ask of you just a few more months of waiting. I have joyous news! Prince Edward himself has requested that our group lead him to the Heart of Africa to see the wonder that is Lake Victoria. He and his retinue have arrived today and we set off first thing in the morning. I'm afraid this means you might not hear from me for a while.

But fret not, my dearest wife! Once I return, I will receive the grace of Her Royal Majesty, Queen Victoria herself! Finally the doors to higher society will open to us. The thought of you all gives me the strength I need to persevere in these savage lands. I do hope my brother is not too harsh on you. He means well, but that temper of his is the devil's own work!

Give kisses to the boys from me.

Your beloved Arthur
Personal letter of Arthur James Galloway, British explorer and businessman, who famously led the Victorian expedition of 1871.

Sign-ups close Friday, 20:00 GMT

I spent months living on the road only to miss SPLIT's moment of vulnerability and candor.

And I'm still based out of a Bed and Breakfast with no Wi-Fi, and I still don't eat the breakfast.

I might be back in a month!

So, what did I miss?
pj turning out to have paedophilic tendencies and leksu getting banned from WW by Blade! himself for making an Untermensch comment Hitler would have approved.

The real world is a lot less eventful than all that. And costly. And winter is intolerable in these northern climes. Werewolf is safe, warm, and entertaining by comparison.

The real world is a lot less eventful than all that. And costly. And winter is intolerable in these northern climes. Werewolf is safe, warm, and entertaining by comparison.
What temperature is it, since it is intolerable? -40 oC?

What temperature is it, since it is intolerable? -40 oC?

I think the worst I had to endure thus far was the tender mercies of minus 23 C. And dressing for Winter in weather such as this makes it very difficult to retain any sense of panache. I've got to put on some Red Army costume just to go out for coffee.