• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
7, 6 and 5. Well done village.

I am a bit interested in the fact that we're having trouble gaining traction on Deo.
Not really. 25% of the vote is pretty high. It's more that people are so eager to vote Lord Dalek.

Not really. 25% of the vote is pretty high. It's more that people are so eager to vote Lord Dalek.

There doesn't appear to me to be any very good or obvious candidates right now, but situation does seem slightly better than yesterday when almost a third of the vote went to throwaways. There was a good number of people with just a vote or two. Dalek isn't perfect, but doesn't look any worse a player to vote for than Xarkan or Deo.

Falc has never said he suspects you as far as I know.

Just a quick rule to note, no editing of posts that contain votes regardless of whether its editing the actual vote itself. Just double post if need be.
Pfft. Who really cares? As long as you don't edit in a vote snipe near the deadline I think this isn't a rule we need. If you're picky about english, not being able to change a misspelling, or having the delete the post and repost it correctly, is infuriating.

There doesn't appear to me to be any very good or obvious candidates right now, but situation does seem slightly better than yesterday when almost a third of the vote went to throwaways. There was a good number of people with just a vote or two. Dalek isn't perfect, but doesn't look any worse a player to vote for than Xarkan or Deo.
Not really my point, (although I will contest I think Xarkan is a better lynch than the other two personally.) The rest I'm not arguing against at all. I was simply disagreeing with the statement 'deo's not getting much traction'. He was merely trailing slightly behind the other two; remember there are other people who have been suggested throughout the game who have never taken off.

VOTE Xarkan

Should make a nice tie with time to go.

I refuse to vote Deo on day 2 in his first big game. He deserves a chance to play longer than that.

Pfft. Who really cares? As long as you don't edit in a vote snipe near the deadline I think this isn't a rule we need. If you're picky about english, not being able to change a misspelling, or having the delete the post and repost it correctly, is infuriating.

The problem is you can't really be sure if they are fixing a spelling error or modifying the vote.

The problem is you can't really be sure if they are fixing a spelling error or modifying the vote.
Yes, but I really think this is something where we should trust people. And anyway like I said, unless its a snipe at the deadline, modifying one's vote is really a non-issue.
Also, deo wrote 'EDIT' into his post. If one was trying to surreptitiously change their vote - disregarding the fact that they had nothing to gain from doing so - one would not draw attention to it.

I've never as far as I know edited a vote but in this game I did edit the wording of one vote from the player's name to their rp character. I don't think I should be chastised for something like that.

It's probably too late for a switch, but in my opinion, we should be lynching those who are not helping at all, like the currently two time non-voter Lord Strange. Call it CAWZ, call it whatever, but people who miss votes are not helping.

I think the main problem is that the GM might miss your change of the vote, if you do so. It's usually not idea to confuse things that much.

Not really my point, (although I will contest I think Xarkan is a better lynch than the other two personally.) The rest I'm not arguing against at all. I was simply disagreeing with the statement 'deo's not getting much traction'. He was merely trailing slightly behind the other two; remember there are other people who have been suggested throughout the game who have never taken off.

One thing I would say about Dalek is this: in my time playing, which has been fairly short, I have yet to see a statement that looked so much like a crovax. It could have been careless phrasing, but it does look like he is saying "it was us who got tnt", when it wasn't the village responsible. Having one less baddie is a positive thing, but it was a rather curious way to phrase it.

C'm'on! Gimme a wolf skull for a change to raise in toast to Odin, by Thor !

@Xarkan: You, painfully, make sense, but I suspect too much more than the other two contenders to change my vote. Lord Strange is at times pretty frequent at missing votes, but we are all scared of him because he's a new demi-mod and must stamp his authority on the herd ;) Whilst esemesas was sick and could not play, in his case I think missing votes probably does indicate a lack of a special role.

I think the main problem is that the GM might miss your change of the vote, if you do so. It's usually not idea to confuse things that much.
True. But in that case there's nothing to gain from editing one's vote! I'm not saying people should ever edit their votes, but editing the rest of the text shouldn't be a problem.

One thing I would say about Dalek is this: in my time playing, which has been fairly short, I have yet to see a statement that looked so much like a crovax. It could have been careless phrasing, but it does look like he is saying "it was us who got tnt", when it wasn't the village responsible. Having one less baddie is a positive thing, but it was a rather curious way to phrase it.
I agree, it does genuinely look a bit odd. Worse than many so-called crovaxes. But then again, I have seen worse from villagers, not often but I've seen it.
But even if he is a wolf, and then again by a massive stroke of luck was the first player in over 7 years to crovax, I still dislike the whole idea of deciding to kill someone for a slip of the tongue when it could just be explained by poor communication.

C'm'on! Gimme a wolf skull for a change to raise in toast to Odin, by Thor !

Would it help if I pre-installed the ComfyLonghouse(TM)?

Sorry what is this in relation to? It kinda seemed to come out of nowhere. What am I included in? :p

Oh, wait, was it my 'many good targets' exhortation? Yeah that's BS. If you think there's something suspicious about not wanting repeated, uncontrolled, idiotic bandwagons then you clearly have room to improve your game. Either that or you're trying to sow suspicion for later. You certainly must know that it's something I do every game when I'm a villager.

And Adamus, if you think I'm being overactive, you clearly have a very poor memory. In terms of time put in into this game I've been a zombie compared to most games.
This is just masked by the fact that the rest of the village are being zombies compared to, well, zombies.

I was referring to your behavior prior to the first day deadline, actually, first and foremost.

Official vote count, 1h 1min to deadline

Lord Dalek - 7 - Xarkan, Adamus, THE_SPLIT, telesien, Cliges, Nautilu, Syber
Xarkan - 7 - marty99, enkhuush, Falc, Cromelex, Deo89, the_hdk, Rendap
Deo89 - 5 - Funnyman230, Cymsdale, Lord Dalek, Capt. Kiwi, walrus
telesien - 3 - reis91, The Super Pope, Delta107

not voted - 3 - Paendrag, OrangeYoshi, Lord Strange

Missed one vote - walrus, Lord Strange

I agree, it does genuinely look a bit odd. Worse than many so-called crovaxes. But then again, I have seen worse from villagers, not often but I've seen it.
But even if he is a wolf, and then again by a massive stroke of luck was the first player in over 7 years to crovax, I still dislike the whole idea of deciding to kill someone for a slip of the tongue when it could just be explained by poor communication.

I disagree with Cliges's reading, actually. And more, I am suspicious of those looking to get people lynched due to crovaxes. More often than not, they are wolves who found an easy way to get the village to focus on people not in their pack.

I referred to 2010, because I had a series of games where I was lynched due to supposed crovaxes (some of them were not crovaxes by any reasonable definition, but since when has that mattered...), and in every single one of them I was a goodie. Other people who were lynched based on that were also statistically far more likely to be villagers, which is explained by the simple fact that wolves tend to go the extra mile in looking more honest than everyone else, to avoid being scanned and lynched. A villager doesn't have to fear getting scanned, and can be hunted by both packs, so tipically they don't tend to try as hard to look clean as wolves.