• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
King of Minors said:
Very Impressive!
So, what next.. through the Siberian corridor, conquer Manchu & China, whilst at the same time keeping a eye on Europe? Or maybe India? I shall wait and see what happens.
Lionsword said:
A rush of colonists goes through Crimea. The colonists are send into the Siberian corridor.
Lionsword said:
Our conquistador has reached a great sea, stretching as far as one can see. Next to this ocean lays a nation called China.

Seems i was correct there, well nearly, everything in due time. ;)
Well done defeating Russia.

Those Russians were a lot tougher than I thought they would be. Good work even with the losses. I must say also, I am truly amazed at how succesful your missionaries seem to be, especially for land that is not considered core territory for you. That must be an immense help.

16 Sheep versus Crimeans​

11 April 1611

Merchants come to the court to complain about the way they are treated in Ak Koyunlu. Crimea escalates the complaint and troops of both sides gather at the border.

4 November 1611

The war plan is discussed. Since Ak Koyunlu is allied with the Uzbek Kaganate, Crimea will be fighting on two fronts. The war plan was divided in four parts:

Muhammad III: The first phase will be quite simple. Our armies will invade the Uzbek Kaganate, which is already plagued by rebels, and sweep through the land. Assault every city on your way, this first offensive must be completed in less than a year. If the cities do not fall directly, move on and destroy every Uzbek army you find. When autumn begins, I want to have concluded peace with the Uzbeks. You shall receive 70 000 soldiers for this, I will explain in phase 3 why I give you so many troops with you. Burn and pillage all you find and kill as many civilians to make sure they are too terrified to continue this war.
General 1: Yes, my Khan.
Muhammad III: The second phase should prove a little less easy but since the weapons of Ak Koyunlu are outdated, they should be destroyed quickly. Assault the small and minimal fortified cities and make sure you achieve your goals. You will have 90 000 troops under your command so this should succeed too. Do you understand your orders?
General 2: I understand, my Khan.
Muhammad III: The third phase is the hardest. You will penetrate Ak Koyunlu in their core. Capture the unfortified cities and harass the armies so they are forced to withdraw troops from the west. Assault Isfahan and Hormouz. You shall receive no reinforcements since we shall sign a white peace with the Uzbeks.
General 1: They shall not know what him.
Muhammad III: And finally, phase four. Phase three should have lured a part of their army to the east. Assault the provinces bordering the front and take their capital. This should force them to sue for peace. If we beat them up enough, we can have all the territory we want. The goals of this war are to get Georgia, which was our vassal once and taken by them, get Armenia, Daghestan, Kurdistan, Azerbaijan and Nussaybin.
General 2: Will I receive reinforcements?
Muhammad III: You will receive as many reinforcements as we can raise. But remember, we also need some troops in the Russian territories since the peasants are eager to revolt there. Generals, one last thing you should all know and remember. The most important factor in this war is our right flank. In the second phase, the right flank protects the weaker and more divided left flank from being run over. If in any offensive the right flank fails to hold the line, the left flank will fall too. The offensive shall begin on the 1st March.

Crimeanwarstrategy.jpg
The planned front and planned tactics.​

1 March 1612

War is declared on Ak Koyunlu. The Ottoman Empire and the Chagatai Khanate are not asked to join Crimea in this war. The Ottomans are still busy beating up the Mameluks but are having a hard time beating the Mameluks back. The Chagatai Khanate is too weak to fight any enemy now.

6 June 1612

Crimeans have almost reached the southern border of the Uzbek Kaganate and almost all their goals are complete. They have left burning farms and dead bodies in their wake.

An Ak Koyunlu attack in Sochi is thrown back with ease. Still, the size of this attack surprises many generals.
General 2: We might have underestimated the size of their army.

19 September 1612

A white peace is signed with the Uzbek Kaganate. The troops move to the south and prepare to harass Ak Koyunlu troops.

1 March 1613

Crimean troops march into Ak Koyunlu.

21 March 1613

Georgia is captured.

23 March 1613

Daghestan is captured.

27 March 1613

Rich nobles present the state with a gift of 300 ducats.

12 June 1613

Armenia is captured.

6 November 1613

Kurdistan is assaulted but doesn’t fall.

12 November 1613

Crimean troops coming from Daghestan are thrown back trying to invade Azerbaijan.

27 December 1613

A second attempt to assault the city in Kurdistan fails.

12 April 1614

The Crimean army in Kurdistan is thrown back into Armenia. The Crimeans and Ak Koyunlu armies don’t attack each other.

15 April 1614

The rebels in Jedisan (Poland is filled with rebels and provinces defecting or becoming independent) throw down the Polish flag and raise the Crimean one.
Muhammad III: The Polish rule must have been very harsh since they are foolish enough to think that we are any better.

15 August 1614

Phase three of the war is a disaster as 90% of the army is killed. The Ak Koyunlu army is more than ten times bigger than expected.

25 October 1614

An internal trade ordinance is reached. Basic taxvalue + 1 in Kustanai and Donetsk.

9 November 1614

The Islamic Inquisition is successful in Ufa.

15 April 1615

The Crimeans invade Azerbaijan again and assault the city, which falls this time. Kurdistan still doesn’t budge.

19 October 1615

The city in Kurdistan finally falls. The war goals aren’t reached. By this time, the Crimeans should have captured Bagdad but they are more than 300 kilometer away from the city.

The front freezes, high losses are counted on both sides. The economy of both countries can not carry the war much longer. Crimea’s coffers are still well filled but if more troops need to be raised, that might chance very quickly.

18 August 1616

Peace is made. Crimea gets Georgia, Daghestan, Armenia and it’s gold mines and Kurdistan. Crimea alone has lost 120 000 soldiers and it will take a century before their manpower pool is refilled.

4 September 1616

New land is claimed in Jalutorovsk. Population increases by 2 500, manpower and basic taxvalue rises with 1.

Crimea slowly begins to rebuild it’s army. Poland has lost many land. Lithuania, Ukraine, Prussia and Courland have declared themselves independent. The Poles seemed to be unable to annex them back into their empire.

1 July 1617

The Ottomans declare war on Venice, which is allied to Poland. Crimea joins the Ottoman Empire but Muhammad III knows that his army is inferior to the Poles.

July – November 1617
The Northern Campaign

Soldiers.jpg
The Northern Campaign was marked by brutality on both sides​

The Poles attack Crimean territory, Crimeans invade Polish territory. This goes on for a few months ,a 2 000 soldiers die on both sides and a white peace is signed between Poland and Crimea in November.

2 December 1618

Gujarat refuses our merchants access to their trade center....again.

1 January 1619

The Crimean army begins to march towards Venice-held Ragusa.

9 February 1619

Enthusiasm to the army happens. 5000 infantry and cavalry join the Crimean army in Jedisan and are send to Ragusa.

2 May 1619

Ragusa is captured by Crimea.

15 July 1619

Iona is under siege by Crimea.

1 August 1619

Crimea takes the Ionian islands by assaulting the main fortress.

15 December 1619

The Mughal Empire expands once more and annexes Bengal.

15 April 1620

Venice accepts peace with Crimea. Crimea gets Ragusa.

11 January 1621

Rich nobles give 300 ducats to the state.

16 October 1621

Vologda converts to the true Sunni faith.

16 October 1622

Preperations are made to move the capital to Samara. A fine arts academy is under construction.

14 December 1623

Poltava converts to Sunni faith.

10 June 1624

A trade agreement is signed with Austria.

Crimea1626.jpg

Hah, they were getting to big for their own good! Also it looks like you have a friend(or maybe a foe) growing in the Mughals. Hows your relations with them?

Compared to my Muslim neighbours, I've got good techs.
Compared to my Christian neighbours, they can just walk over me but suffer from low manpower while I can support over 100 000 men :D

Gotta say Lion, I'm impressed. I've never seen the Crimeans do that well.

So what's next? Another lesson for mother Russia?

17 A fresh new war​

The Crimean army grows until Crimea has more than 100 000 men in the field. All are equipped with firearms and with a healthy dose of Crimea fighting spirit.

5 February 1626

Muhammad III builds the foundation of the Crimean empire. He declares some provinces core provinces and moves the capital to Samara, where the current Islamic Inquisition is converting the heathens.

2 June 1626

The Ottoman Empire declares war on the Mameluks. Crimea and Chagatai Khanate join the Ottoman Empire.

Mamelukwar.jpg

Muhammad III: The times when the Ottoman army had a huge army is over. If we act quick, we can grab some nice lands for ourselves. Since the Ottomans have declared war, we will let them decide over peace. We have 35 000 men, mostly infantry and artillery, standing ready in Kurdistan. Let them conquer the coast of the holy land. If we are still at war after we conquered those, go further southwards. God willing, we shall take the holy city of Jerusalem Al-Quds.

10 January 1627

Muhammad III dies without seeing the Crimean banner over the holy land. His successor, Janig Beg II, swears to conquer the holy city to his death father.

JaniBegII.jpg

February – March

The Crimean army defeats the Mameluks in Aleppo and leave a few thousands troops to siege it. They march through Lebanon and assault Samaria, taking the province.

3 April 1627

Jerusalem is under Crimean siege. The inhabitants of the city expect that the army laying siege to it, will respect the holy places and won’t use cannons. But they never faced Crimeans before and the Crimeans shoot at everything that looks a bit hostile.

20 June 1627

Janig Beg II has some corrupt nobles beheaded.

1 May 1628

The Crimeans storm into Jerusalem. The representatives of the holy places seek to talk with the Crimean general but are send back. General Adji, impressed by all the holy places, orders his men not to loot the religious places.

14 June 1628

The Mameluks take over the Ottoman territories at their borders.

(I switched to religious view, wanting to see the religion of my taken provinces, when I noticed that Lithuania had become orthodox. I must say, I was quite surprised. They have the provinces Volyn, Chernigov and Ukraine. Volyn was catholic but Lithuania got an event “Enforce the state religion” and Volyn converted)

14 November 1629

Aleppo is taken by Crimea.
The Ottoman Empire takes Syria.

15 April 1630

Lebanon is taken by assault. The Crimean flag now waves above their main city.

10 May 1630

New land is claimed in Samara. Population rises by 2000, manpower and taxvalue +1.

12 March 1631

The Mameluk capital is captured by Crimeans. Shiite mosques and writings are destroyed by the Crimean soldiers.

14 November 1631

Crimea secures the Delta of the Nile by assaulting the main fortress.

12 July 1632

The main city in Nile falls to the Crimeans.

18 February 1633

Cataract is taken by the Crimean army.

29 December 1633

A great noble Crimean family requests aid and receives it.

22 May 1634

Batn Al Hajar is assaulted and plundered.

Janig Beg II: The Mameluks are defeated and a final strike is only a matter of time. Send word to the generals that they should not head north to Alexandria but go south.
General: But that’s Nubian territory.
Janig Beg II: Exactly. Time to submit more people to our rule.

War is declared on Nubia.

24 November 1634

The Ottoman Empire makes peace for the entire alliance. Crimea gets almost all the provinces they conquered. The Crimean flag now waves proudly from Aleppo to Jerusalem. The Nile Delta is patrolled by Crimeans and more upstream, the province Nile, is also in Crimean hands. Strangely enough, we still have +90 relations with the Mameluks.

The war in Nubia starts in December. Crimean troops crush the Nubian army in one day an siege Sudan.

27 February 1635

Janig Beg II visists the holy city Jerusalem. As he walks on the temple mount, Janig Beg II collapses and dies. His son, Muhammad IV, takes his place as Crimean Khan. The location of the death of Janig Beg II is considered a sign from God. Imams say that God rewarded Janig Beg II by granting him the honour to die in the holy city Jerusalem Al Quds.

1 March 1635

MuhammadIV.jpg

Muhammad IV rearranges his titles. He declares himself Emperor of the Crimean Empire and Khan of Crimea. He pledges to continue the conquests of his ancestors.

Muhammad IV: To our west, we have mighty Christian nations. Their weapons and tactics are superior to us and we can no longer risk to take up many western nations at once. But if we can’t destroy them anymore, we can still take a final bite at them. My grandfather captured Ragusa for a reason. He wanted to build a fleet and an army there to invade the Papal States and the Austrian Empire. But those wars will have to wait for now. The Papal States are too powerful and the Austrian are allied to Poland. Starting a war with them, would give us a front line of thousands of kilometers. We cannot risk that.

Also, the first war against the sheep didn’t go too well. We lost too many men for too few territory. Should opportunity arise, we shall fight them again. In the west, we have no more room for expansion. However, in the east lay nations who are much weaker than us. I shall see to it that we shall expand there. For are we not the sons of the Horde?

Generals rose and started cheering for the new Khan. Finally a new conqueror had arisen, a leader who once again mentioned the Horde which conquered all.

1 July 1635

Bisharin is captured from Nubia.

Nubia accepts the peace deal of Crimea. They shall become vassals of the Emperor and pay half of their income to Crimea.

January – November

The army recovers from its losses and is restored to 100 000 soldiers.

5 December 1636

Recruits are sought for the navy. And they arrive, so many recruits arrive that 10 warships are equipped and put in the port of Ragusa.

7 December 1636

The Ottoman Empire declares war on Ak Koyunlu. Crimea gladly accepts. Ak Koyunlu is still allied with the Uzbek Kaganate and Crimea once again has to fight on two fronts.

January – February

In two months, the Uzbek army is destroyed. More than half of their soldiers die and they gladly accept peace on the 20th February. As a sign of the Uzbek weakness, 9 000 Crimeans defeated an army of 41 000 Uzbeks. They offer 200 ducats for peace and Crimea gladly accepts.

12 March 1637

Crimea lays siege to Nussaybin and assaults it. The city falls and is plundered as revenge for the previous war.

20 August 1637

The Crimeans defeat the Mameluk army in Iraq.

24 August 1637

Bagdad, the AK Koyunlu capital, is under siege by the Crimeans.

28 February 1638

Bagdad falls to the Crimean army. The city is razed and instability razes through the lands of Ak Koyunlu.

5 May 1638

The Ottoman Empire makes seperate peace with Ak Koyunlu. Crimea is now facing them alone.

Muhammad IV: It seems that the Turk is unreliable. We need to find new allies should things change. Dispatch a state gift to the Mughals with my regards.

8 May 1638

Ak Koyunlu offers peace: Crimea gets Nussaybin and 56 ducats. Muhammad IV accepts and connects the holy land with the rest of his empire.

Crimea1638.jpg
The Crimean Empire​

10 August 1638

Lithuania and Crimea have a border dispute. It is settled and relations improve (like that is gonna stop them from hating us).

The Crimean army raises more troops to recover from it’s losses.

8 October 1640

The Persians declare independence from Ak Koyunlu.

12 October 1640

The Ottoman Empire declares war on Persia without asking Crimea to help them.

14 December 1640

The Ottoman Empire annexes Persia.

Relations with the Mughals improve through the year.

27 September 1641

The Mughal Empire and Crimea exchange maps.

18 The East and the Far East meet in battle

1 May 1642

The Chagatai Khanate declares war on Tibet and it’s ally China. The Ottomans and Crimea join in.

20 June 1642

Crimea sends an expeditionary force of 30 000 soldiers through the Chagatai Khanate into East Asia.

15 March 1643

The east and the far east meet each other on the fields of Qinghai. Crimean troops destroy the Chinese and take the province Qinghai from them by assault.

10 July 1643

Crimea takes the unfortified city in Sichuan from China.

15 July 1643

Samurai.jpg
Chinese soldiers bravely attack the Crimeans but would soon die from Crimean bullets

Chinese cavalry attack the Crimeans. The Chinese fire arrows, the Crimeans bullets. After two days, 23 000 Chinese lay dead on the field.

9 September 1643

China demands 75 ducats.

13 March 1644

Crimea takes the Chinese province of Sichuan Pendi.

1 May 1644

The Chinese government falls and Crimea receives the three provinces it had taken from China.

Muhammad IV: This shall be the staging place for conquest in China. Crimea shall stretch from the Mediterranean to the Great Eastern Ocean.

13 March 1645

Ak Koyunlu annexes Aden but is plagued by wandering rebel armies.

14 May 1645

1645 proved to be an exceptional year and inflation drops by 5%. It now stands at 2,1%.

4 September 1646

Malacca refuses our merchants access to their center of trade.

4 March 1647

The Islamic Inquisition in Samara is successful.

Gujarat allows our merchants back in their center of trade.

20 June 1647

Rich nobles give a gift to the state of 300 ducats.

Crimea1647.jpg

Excellent work, though you may have trouble incorporating some of that PTI into Greater Crimea as the map suggests. ;)

Interesting to note that inflation is only at 21%. I imagine that helps quite a bit, and I remain amazed at how successful your missionaries have been. That cannot hurt either. Keep it up.

Going to China! Interesting.

Wow, it's been a very long while.

To keep a long story short. I don't have much more time to write this AAR. I'm now involved in multiple organisations and have my studies too. I'll post a final update on this AAR to finish it, kinda to give it an end, be it a special one.

WOW!!! I MUST SAY CONGRATULATIONS! This is the biggest Crimea I ever saw, and I must congratulate you!

Can you send us the savegame file maybe? (or maybe wrap it in code tags and put it in this thread?)

I really hope you will resume this!