• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The king, whoever he is, was furious at the news of the defeat and ordered the construction of new railroads. And I said to him: "Why should we expand our infastructure? We invite more than friend!" And the king replied to me. "An enemy is a friend of somebody." And his wisdom confused me.

That's freaking awsome!

I will be reading more about this road... thing...

We Are Not a Road, We Are a Country!

And our great monarch proclaims today to be a glorious day. But I must ask what day is not glorious? Today is mostly certainly so he proclaims, with our great standing army being increased! “Four more divisions!” they shout in the streets! “And still outnumbered by forty-four French and Prussians!” I rebuke.

“But don’t fear, Brother Jacobs,” they tell me. “Our forts shall hold against the Frogs!” And need I remind them of the troubles our lone division incurred during the Javan campaign? How are our few divisions in wooden forts to stand against the iron will of enemy hearts?

One day, a mine worker came to me smothered in the black color. “Clean coal! Clean coal!” he says to me. “But you are still black! How is clean is the coal?” I remark to no avail. He simply returns to the house and tells his family of ‘clean coal’.

Oh poor cleaner of cool, I pity the life you endure. The fabric I wear, you cannot afford, but great pleasure it brings to me as we expand our production in Vlaandern. For the common folk it is, for you the coal cleaner to blacken during the day. But never fear, common folk, the symbol of democracy [or that in name] is beginning with an election [that is surely to be rigged].

(End of 1839)

Clean Coal shall rule the world!

TekcoR: ...“Four more divisions!”...

does that mean that you now have four divisions in Road (Kill?) Country? ? ;) or, did you mean that any enemy would be Road Kill? ? :)

TekcoR: ...the symbol of democracy [or that in name] is beginning with an election [that is surely to be rigged].

isn't that always true? ? :D

excellent update! ! :cool:

OH, i have been meaning to ask, is it an accident that your handle is RockeT spelled backwards? ;)

GhostWriter said:
TekcoR: ...“Four more divisions!”...

does that mean that you now have four divisions in Road (Kill?) Country? ? ;) or, did you mean that any enemy would be Road Kill? ? :)
I mean that four more divisions have been trained. To clarify, two infantry-artillery and two infantry-regulars.

GhostWriter said:
TekcoR: ...the symbol of democracy [or that in name] is beginning with an election [that is surely to be rigged].

isn't that always true? ? :D

excellent update! ! :cool:

OH, i have been meaning to ask, is it an accident that your handle is RockeT spelled backwards? ;)

Acutally, my screen name (handle) when StarCraft first came out was [OpG]Rocket. However, I got tired of being refered to as "Rocket" and decided to switch it around to "TekcoR"; which confused a lot of people at first. And thanks for the positive comments on the update.

TekcoR: I mean that four more divisions have been trained. To clarify, two infantry-artillery and two infantry-regulars.

thanks for the info! ! :)

and, thank you for the "good stuff" ! ! :cool:

Maybe a more accurate name would be cleaner coal. See, the "er" makes a big difference. *nods*

It seems Brother Jacobs a bit of a downer, eh? He doesn't seem to have anything good to say about Belgium's glorious progress. ;)

Oh great people who have their freedom so precious! Enjoy your freedom from the oppressors that reign abroad! Congratulations to the new youthful nation of Bolivia, the great king of the Benelux sends his praise to you! Need you not to worry about us, for our army may be expanding but we are far away with a navy never powerful to fight against the monsters of the sea!

“Early comes the railroad!” shouts a great citizen, but the train does not approach. “Certainly, you must be confused,” I reply. “The train does not come early, but technology shall make it come earlier!” He nods to me, and quickly reads the official summon from the great king, the rails are to be expanded! Expanded across our miniscule nation, whose borders stand protected only in name!

The great name of democracy is nothing but a word utter among the villagers who know nothing of the great political process. And congratulations must be praised to the conservatives of the Katholieke Party! Praise thee when you advise the leader who is full of prestige!

And woe to those who fear us, our rapid expansion of arms comes at a time when the sick man faces great turmoil. Should he not suffer as the wealthy benefit? Such is the state when the former asks the latter for an alliance! A moral question must be answered, how do can we, the Benelux, be the benefactors of such an alliance with the Ottomans? With total regard, our great king has signed a pact between the wealthy and the sickly.

Our king surely is great when he decides such things as previously stated. It has been not but one month since the sick became the benefactor from the pocket of wealth. A favorable deal is to be proposed! We offer the basic necessities of life to a crumbling man in-exchange for the last few savings of his wealth. Are we so cruel to offer hope in-exchange for profit?

But we should not concern ourselves with the affairs of sickly, this is an alliance of pure profit and greed. The king has assured me – when asking for my consul on the moral issue – that he has no guarantee of honoring the sick when they are truly in their time of need! Oh how righteous we have become! Wealth is to be coughed from the cured treasury to begin the second phase of railroads.

I remark to the king, before leaving: “We must be concerned, for sickness is contagious, and we cannot allow ourselves to play without the proper permission.”
He does not reply to my senseless rambling. Perhaps he is right with no reply, for I am nothing but a man unto the great lords of the world!

(End of 1840)

I must say the Ottomans are not my first thought for alliance partners.

TekcoR: ...A moral question must be answered, how do can we, the Benelux, be the benefactors of such an alliance with the Ottomans? With total regard, our great king has signed a pact between the wealthy and the sickly.

hmmmm. one of the best benefits of such an alliance is that you can beat the UK to the Baltic coasts of Russia! ! that, plus a certain three year financial benefit of said invasion should be adequate compensation for granting The Sick such a benevolent position in Our foreign affairs. :D of course, this requires that we honor our agreement with The Sick in this small matter... :)

awesome update! ! :cool:

Duke of Wellington said:
You've allied with the Ottomans? Whats the reasoning behind that?

They sort of offered me an alliance...and I really don't know why I accepted, but it is working out great so far! I mean really, it's funny watching them struggle in Egypt [with whom they were at war with when offering me]... really it is. Because we are acutally greater than somebody!

I think you guys would be surprised to know something...but to be my usual self, I'm gonna leave it at that because it will build suspense like it is suppose to. It has to do something about the... (God I'm an evil bastard, aren't I?) :rofl:

And to the ignorant fools that praise peace in great demonstrations! We cannot spare a man when the massive military might of our bickering neighbors awakens us in the night. We must throw off the shackles of peace and prepare for the inevitable reality of what is to come, and that is peace assured by ones military might.

And together as a nation, we must prepare to be mobile in the most strategic way! Take heart upon our massive system of rails, for with it we can defend ourselves with speed. If we do not heed the warnings within the certain failures of diplomacy, our very pride shall be turned against us as we watch occupiers march down beloved streets!

Work we must, and work we shall to become the ultimate and only profiteers of our labor! Our children and grandchildren shall marvel at the fruits we accomplish throughout our great Benelux. With the massive expansion of rails, the amount of earth and material thrown in to defend sacred land, and the precious craft thrown into our goods we shall prosper!

And to think of the great accomplishments that this marvelous year brings is nothing of what is to come! Our great king proclaims more shocking events shall occur, but this I am not fully sure of, for I have only seen him once or thrice, and I am certain never twice. My account of this quickened year ends on a high note of sorts, madness shall have a new soul to consume.

(End of 1841)
(Notes: Stratgeic Mobility and Railroads expanded, that's all that really happened this year, with the great peace demonstration.)

TekcoR said:
And together as a nation, we must prepare to be mobile in the most strategic way!
Like ... uhm ... headlong retreat? :D

Sorry, my sense of humour in the mornings is really rather childish.

Duke of Wellington said:
You are placing a lot of faith in railroads. But then again what else does Belgium have?

We have some resources which justify an invasion by France or Prussia on the way to the former or latter. Oh, oh! And we do have a navy linking us to our colonies.

One update a year, eh? Interesting...

anonymous4401 said:
One update a year, eh? Interesting...

Nobody says that Brother Jacobs is giving the full story. After all, we should all know the mental state of Jacobs...