• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Spoonist said:
New version 1.2.0.9
Added the new triggers and commands for 1.03...
Thanx pimparel.

Could someone ask a mod for a sticky? I'd hate to see this topic fall when I'm gone. It would seriously deflate my ego....

I could always inflate your ego more and include it in the next victoria patch :)

Johan said:
I could always inflate your ego more and include it in the next victoria patch :)

Now I must say: "CONGRATULATIONS!!!"

Indeed, if the Gods themselves are looking down on this baby, then it is that this program of yours is wonderfull ! Have'nt tested it yet, but I feel new wings grow to VIP Benelux thanks to you ! May you be blessed with an ever increasing, always expending ego that will make you produce many more jewels like this one !

Spoonist... Congratulations...

Johan said:
:D

When I try to run it, I get an error: Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID: {many numbers here}.

If no one else has gotten this error before, please ignore this then :)

A while back I do remember doing some registery hackage to eliminate support of VBscript files (cheap anti-virus measure).. so that is probably why I am having this error. Although I only thought it would apply to the actual scripts, not an exe file. Oh well -
Just thought I'd let you know

Ilkhold said:
"Setup cannot find '../SETUP_EVENTBUILDER.LST' Setup is aborting..."

Ok, I manually extracted the Cab files, there is another setup file inside and the eventbuilder exe. The setup gives error messages, the eventbuilder crashes like before. Something wrong in FM20.dll.
All dlls and txt files were in the same directory

So, I replaced the fm20.dll in windows system folder and then it worked. Though it seems to give error messages without much information if just any of the text files is missing.
That is exactly what I got...but I'm kind of confused as to what I'm supposed to do?

Did anyone hear anything from Spoonist lately? He hasn't posted any mails in the forum for six days now! Actually, I think, he didn't even got the encouragement by Johan ...

New version 1.2.0.24
Fixed bug: offset was removed with the date
Fixed bug: Name&Name->Name&Desc (copy’paste problem)
Fixed bug: Date&Dare->Date&Death (copy’paste problem)
Fixed bug: day month month -> day month year (copy’paste problem)
Fixed: cleared text of command and trigger comboboxes when primary is changed.
Fixed: establishment resource didn’t load.
Fixed: lowered the random number id since it seems vicy only supports up to 99999.
Fixed: picture is set to ‘default’ from start with option to have ‘No picture’.
Added command not in any list: resource_perc (it’s in the random events)
Added: some help texts to triggers and commands (would appreciate help here)
Added: some zeros to some where fields, should probably be in more commands
Added: clear whole event button
Added: 1024x768 button. (This was a bloody mess to create…)
Added: reform_tag and reform_value_tag (tell me if I missed something)
Added: policy_tag
Added: Visible version data. (You can press about box to get the version data)

->Lares
Did anyone hear anything from Spoonist lately? He hasn't posted any mails in the forum for six days now! Actually, I think, he didn't even got the encouragement by Johan ...
I told you that I wouldn't be back until wednesday: :D So here I am.
It's nice to be missed. ;)

->ALL
Noone has done any beta testing???
:(

->DK_FROGGY
For HOI you'd have to modify some of the GUI as well.
I'm a regular HOIer as well but right now I'm in a Victoria period with my friends so I'll probably make an update for HOI later.

The Regent said:
Pretty good, Spoonist. I thank you for a good event maker and for getting me off my lazy ass and finishing my own maker. :D

Competition is good... :cool:
I have a workable version right now, but more on that later.
Competition? Where?
:rolleyes:
On a serious note though wouldn't it be better to combine the efforts instead of dividing them?

Johan said:
:cool:
Johan do you have any better lists of commands and triggers than the one that is in the installation? (Event commands, something).

Wishes and questions for paradox:
Delete_unit with unit_type. So that you can say delete one infantry for instance instead of having to know the id, or taking a random land unit.
Fix the buggy add_pop command.

Is country = 0 always the current country or is it hard-coded in some triggers/commands only?
Is country = -1 always the random country or is it hard-coded in some triggers/commands only?

For people who couldn't get the installation to work here is another way:

These are the two dll files that my exe uses as reference:
http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload9/MSVBVM60.rar
http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload9/scrrun.rar

Unpack and install them and then test to run the exe again.
(I'm sitting with a full installation of MS Visual Studio so I might have files that you don't but there really shouldn't be any problems.

If you still have problems when running the exe, post the exact error message and I'll check it out next week.

Spoonist said:
->Lares

I told you that I wouldn't be back until wednesday: :D So here I am.
It's nice to be missed. ;)

Oh, I'm so glad you're back ...
:rolleyes:

I did a quick test of the last version. One problem: The program seems to be only compatible with Windows XP. I had a try both on a Win2k and a Win98 system -- but it didn't work.

Thank you for implementing a 1024x768 screen version. I think most of the normal users still use this resolution, so it is a great help.

Another thing that I would propose: Is there any way that the program "looks" into the actual victoria event picture directory and modiefies the tag list accordingly? You know, I've made a lot of event pictures myself and it would help a lot if you don't have to switch to the windows explorer to search for the name and to type it manually then.

Keep on the good work!