• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Spoonist said:
->pimparel
Anything else missing?
:p

Nothing that comes in my mind, but I will fuss with it a litle more. Looking foward the file management.

New v1.2.0.36
Added a 'View Picture' button that lets you preview the picture and also toggle through all pictures in the db folder. (I will add a read all pictures button and a browser to this later on).

Fixed it so that all text resources are included in the Full Installation. (Otherwise it wouldn't be full would it now?)

->Pimparel
regarding the file management. Right now you can see which event # are in an event file and you can piont out an event file that you wish to add events to, so you don't have to bother with copy and paste any longer.

:p

Now I wish that all who use it would put in wishlists and bugs so that I can stop calling it a beta...
:D

Spoonist said:
New v1.2.0.36
Added a 'View Picture' button that lets you preview the picture and also toggle through all pictures in the db folder. (I will add a read all pictures button and a browser to this later on).

My dreams have come true ... :rofl:

Spoonist said:
Now I wish that all who use it would put in wishlists and bugs so that I can stop calling it a beta...

I will do a scripting session this weekend. I will report any bug or any improvment proposal to you. Thank you very much for this great tool!

Spoonist said:
New v1.2.0.36

As always, it's looking good, the program works great overall...but unfortunately, there's a small problem here; even after I've specified the correct path to the pictures (c:\program files\strategy first\etc.), I can only use the default image...as soon as I try to change it using the buttons, I get this crash error:

"Runtime error '76'
Path not found: 'C:\Games\Victoria\gfx\interface\events\465.bmp'"

I must note that my path evidently isn't that one....perhaps the program's overriding it? I tried with the 2.2MB version...and got the same result.

Last edited:
->Scythe
OK. Rewrote it somewhat. Instead of the user putting in the path manually I read the registry directly.
This meant that I had to put in another reference (regtool5.dll) but that is included in the full installation.

Tested it on two machines with the installation in different folders and it worked like a charm.

v1.2.0.38
Fixed the view and get picture button.
You can now see a preview of an AI builder by clicking on the 'test' button.

Does anyone have a list of all ocean provinces? Id's and tags...

Spoonist said:
You can now see a preview of an AI builder by clicking on the 'test' button.

AI Builder? The man is a genius, he is even previewing my requests!!!

Spoonist said:
Does anyone have a list of all ocean provinces? Id's and tags...

I am away from my computer right now, but I think that you will found it in ...provinces.csv file in the db folder.

->Pimparel
OK, I don't have Victoria at work (where I have access to the internet) so that will have to wait until tomorrow then...
:)
The man is a genius
Keep it coming...

Well I thougt that I should expand the concept to something like a Spoonist's Modding Utility. So I checked out what needed to be done to inlcude AI modding, and that was easy compared to events...
:p :p
Especially an AI loader is much easier than an event loader, because the structure remains the same in an AI file but not in an event file.

Spoonist said:
Well I thougt that I should expand the concept to something like a Spoonist's Modding Utility. So I checked out what needed to be done to inlcude AI modding, and that was easy compared to events...

Also, you already have most of the material to modify the *.inc files in the scenarios folder. Those files defines: the boundaries, government, claims, factories, diplomacy, colonies, armies and etc... of a specific country.

Spoonist,

I do have a request for you, it's simple and don't have anything to do with the event builder.

Working with VIP release, last night I ran into 992 POP.csv files, the main problems is: every file must have an empty line after the last line.

Example:
Wrong format
Code:
1418;Turkish;Sunni;farmers;;;;29[b]<ENTER><EOF>[/b]

Right format
Code:
1418;Turkish;Sunni;farmers;;;;29[b]<ENTER>[/b]
[b]<ENTER><EOF>[/b]

where <EOF> means End-of-file.

Last night, I lost 4 hours opening all 992 files and checking if there is an empty line in those. I may have missed some.

Resuming in all, what I want is to know IF you can make an utility to check if there is an empty line in all *.csv.

I think that this must be quite easy to do, but I am iliterate in programming. If you can pull this off, you will named as my Personal hero!, and I think that Paradox and all the other modders would thabk you also.

Thanks for you time, and I do hope that you answer my call.
Pimparel

pimparel said:
Spoonist,

I do have a request for you, it's simple and don't have anything to do with the event builder.

Working with VIP release, last night I ran into 992 POP.csv files, the main problems is: every file must have an empty line after the last line.

Example:
Wrong format
Code:
1418;Turkish;Sunni;farmers;;;;29[b]<ENTER><EOF>[/b]

Right format
Code:
1418;Turkish;Sunni;farmers;;;;29[b]<ENTER>[/b]
[b]<ENTER><EOF>[/b]

where <EOF> means End-of-file.

Last night, I lost 4 hours opening all 992 files and checking if there is an empty line in those. I may have missed some.

Resuming in all, what I want is to know IF you can make an utility to check if there is an empty line in all *.csv.

I think that this must be quite easy to do, but I am iliterate in programming. If you can pull this off, you will named as my Personal hero!, and I think that Paradox and all the other modders would thabk you also.

Thanks for you time, and I do hope that you answer my call.
Pimparel

Guckst du hier:
http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~gilgamesch/HoI/PopcsvLine.zip

Last edited:
Code:
procedure SearchDir (DirName : String; Extension : String; var Resultlist : TStringList);
var FileSearch : TSearchRec;
    Result : Integer;
begin
  if DirName[Length(DirName)] <> '\' then
    DirName := DirName + '\';
  Result := FindFirst(DirName + Extension,faAnyFile,FileSearch);
  while (Result = 0) do begin
    ResultList.Append(DirName + FileSearch.Name);
    Result := FindNext(FileSearch);
  end;
  FindClose(FileSearch);
end;

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
var FileList, TempFile: TStringList;
    i: Integer;
begin
  FileList := TStringList.Create;
  SearchDir(Edit1.Text, '*.csv', FileList);
  for i := 0 to FileList.Count - 1 do
  begin
    TempFile := TStringList.Create;
    TempFile.LoadFromFile(FileList[i]);
    if TempFile[TempFile.Count-1] <> '' then
    begin
      TempFile.Append('');
      TempFile.SaveToFile(FileList[i]);
    end;
    TempFile.Free;
  end;
  MessageDlg('Checked ' + IntToStr(FileList.Count) + ' files',mtInformation,[mbOk],0);
  FileList.Free;
  Application.Terminate;
end;

It reads all files in the specified directory and puts a dialog which says how many it checked. Everything I wrote was in english.
If you're getting german error messages then there is some error with the programme, I can't say what that would be, I have done some basic testing and it worked. Send me a PM with the Error Message and description how you got it, then I'll take another look at it.

Spoonist said:
->Scythe
OK. Rewrote it somewhat. Instead of the user putting in the path manually I read the registry directly.
This meant that I had to put in another reference (regtool5.dll) but that is included in the full installation.

Tested it on two machines with the installation in different folders and it worked like a charm.

Yes, it does detect the directory correctly now..but there's still apparently a small mistype involving an "\". For example, the program asks for this file:
c:\...\strategy first\victoria\gfx\interface\eventsdefault.bmp

which it doesn't find, when it really should be:

c:\...\strategy first\victoria\gfx\interface\events\default.bmp

Ilkhold said:
It reads all files in the specified directory and puts a dialog which says how many it checked. Everything I wrote was in english.
If you're getting german error messages then there is some error with the programme, I can't say what that would be, I have done some basic testing and it worked. Send me a PM with the Error Message and description how you got it, then I'll take another look at it.

Ilkhold,

You actually caused me a little problem, cause your .exe adds a empty line into the .csv file, and what I did asked for was to check if there is a empty line, cause by default everyfile should have one empty line, and more than one causes error and add POP's in the ocean (Oh no!!! They gonna drown, send the Titanic to the Rescue.) :(

Anyway, if you can make an hack with checks if there is one empty line at the end of file, it would be a great help, and would increase our efficiency at VIP 0.11 release.

The error was:

datei C:\Games\Victoria\scenarios\VIPscen\pops\argentina_guarani1.csv kann nicht erstellt werden.

pimparel said:
Ilkhold,
Anyway, if you can make an hack with checks if there is one empty line at the end of file, it would be a great help, and would increase our efficiency at VIP 0.11 release.
Ok, the programme DOES check the last line, but it seems that check doesn't work as intended. I'll try to get it done properly.

The error was:

datei C:\Games\Victoria\scenarios\VIPscen\pops\argentina_guarani1.csv kann nicht erstellt werden.
This says, that saving the file doesn't work. Did you have that open in some editor?