• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As in V1 and HoI3, the naming convention in V2, which we used in the development of the Clio map project upon which the V2 map is based, is to use city names for the name of the provinces (the smallest geopolitical units on the map). The exception to this rule was pure island provinces, for which we chose to use the name of the island or archipelago.

This is how it was in V1, and in the Hearts of Iron series, and this is how it is in V2.

Now, region names (for the geopolitical unit represented by 4 or 5 provinces) were developed by Paradox and in some cases represent historical regions/states, in other cases (particularly outside Europe and the Americas) they currently take their name after one of the provinces.

Both province names and region names are easily moddable if you want them to display something different in your own personal game. Simply open up the file localisation/text.csv with notepad, and towards the bottom you will find first the list of all the provinces with their names assigned, then the list of regions with names assigned. Find your particular province or region, change the name to whatever you want, save, restart and you should have the new name depicted. Easy as pie.

Baffin Island issue

I am playing as the US, it's about 1845, and I just fought a war with mexico over Texas (which I controlled) in which I had managed to seize New Mexico. I am also fighting a war against Great Britain, who had decided to try to contain me. I have occupied nearly all of Ontario and Quebec, and am moving onto the other provinces and territories in Canada.

My issue is that every time I try to send troops into Baffin Island the game crashes. I had tried again from my autosave when I was still at war with mexico and yet again, it crashed right before baffin island (I decided to save right before I sent the troops in).

Any ideas?

I am playing as the US, it's about 1845, and I just fought a war with mexico over Texas (which I controlled) in which I had managed to seize New Mexico. I am also fighting a war against Great Britain, who had decided to try to contain me. I have occupied nearly all of Ontario and Quebec, and am moving onto the other provinces and territories in Canada.

My issue is that every time I try to send troops into Baffin Island the game crashes. I had tried again from my autosave when I was still at war with mexico and yet again, it crashed right before baffin island (I decided to save right before I sent the troops in).

Any ideas?

register your game, make a savegame from just before the crash, and post it in the bug report subforum of V2. Sounds like it might be a bug to me.

beyond that, don't occupy Baffin Island (can't add much to the warscore in any case) and seek victory points elsewhere.

Hello! Victoria is my absolut favorte Paradox game, if I have to choose, is it still being patched?

Unfortunately I don't think so :(

Is there any chance of a third instalment?

There is a good chance that it will come eventually, but who knows when?

Hello! Victoria is my absolut favorte Paradox game, if I have to choose, is it still being patched? Is there any chance of a third instalment?

Reviving a six years old thread is probably not the best way to know. Victoria II recently got a patch, but it was a courtesy from the devs that worked on it during their free time.

Reactions: