• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
The map is based on the Hearts of Iron 3 map so it will roughly the same size.. However provinces will be moved about as regions that we considered less important in Hearts of Iron 3 become more important in Victoria 2 and vice versa.

I can confirm that we still see Capitalists building factories in Victoria 2, for me it was probably the best feature in Revolutions.

Well now I just hope you put a little extra attention into your auto pop management! 10,000 provinces full of POPs is... something, that's for sure.

And my "factroys" line was a joke (that infamous typo) but I'm glad to see that capitalist functions the same in Vicky 2.

Don't worry about that, from the feature list:
'Automation of various tasks, including trade and population promotion.'

I whole-heartedly agree. I'm guessing the game will be made with the Clausewitz engine?

Also, I saw the preview included the word "Pops" -- Are we going to see something along the lines of EU:Rome style pops (sortof behind the scenes) or the Vicky-esque pops?

<--- Very happy ; p

It is built on the Clausewitz Engine.

As for Pop representation in game, I really can't comment on this right now.

So soon? Well, this will harm the HoI3 patching process. And it desperately needs polish. :(

Still, Colour me interested. As long as it's well thought-out, this may become the best Paradox game to date. :)

Oh no it won't. To be honest between answering question here I am busy doing stuff for the next patch for HoI3.

Are we expecting similiar economic system as in Victoria 1? Imo. it was fine as long as you kept thinking that it's only game, but it would be fun to see an attempt to make non state controlled economy in addition to commie economics we saw in Victoria :p. (Ie. state decided who would be clerks, craftsmen and soldiers and where they would work).

A full economic system is too difficult for us to simulate properly. However that does not mean we are not looking to make Victoria II have a better economic system.