• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ottomans keep eating Russia and I'm preparing to attack Netherlands.

eu3mmg8.jpg

Honestly , while Ottomans are at war you may want to consider stepping in and attacking while their armies are so far away . You could probably get away with confusing the AI and grabbing some german lands . Just my amateur opinion of course XD netherlands does look tasty at the same time but eventually that ottoman threat is going to be too large to handle .

They're already too large to handle lol. If I want to survive I better try to expand more in the other direction but... if this is gonna be any interesting to read I may have to move towards Bayern instead. Hmm I'll see how much time there's left when I have annexed most of the smaller states. :D Does it end 1820 now with NA?

The war with Netherlands resulted in me getting Friesland, Holland and Utrecht. In the middle of everything the Bohemian succession war started and ended with me getting a Personal Union with Lorraine. Hopefully I'll inherit it eventually which is how I got Oldenburg. Lorraine also has some vassals/allies near me slowing down my expansion.

Does it end 1820 now with NA?

Indeed it does, but hopefully they'll have a converter program by the time you get there, so that you could carry on the struggle into the 19th century. Just a suggestion, though. ;)

It's a great game you've got here, really. I do so love the way EU III allows powerful AI nations to rise; it makes the late game this much more interesting even if you are strong yourself. Am eagerly anticipating to learn how you get out of this one (or not :p ).

I have to admit it is rather fun watching the Ottomans advance, but you can probably best them in a war and take lots of German territory while your at it.
It is worth a shot. ;)

Actually the most fun game I've had this far I think. :)

Hmmm looks like the Ottomans are currently not focusing on Russia but I'm keeping the +200 relation up so I don't think there's any danger. Couple of succession wars and Lorraine is now my vassal so when I annex it, it will tie some of the lonely provinces (Imperial Demesne) in the south together with everything else nicely. The Palatinate is also my vassal. The Netherlands has regained strength after our war (probably with money from colonization) and has now taken a big part of Great Britain. And obviously, the Ottoman Empire has advanced further north since the last pic.

eu3mmg9.jpg

kfijatass said:
Not sure but i think he means Burgundy.

Wasn't Ming beige in Vanilla(yellow in MM I think)? They certainly are usually big, and a blob. They also tend to overrun the Asia part of Eurasia.

Kazmir said:
Is that Papal States in Southern Italy and Tuscany in Brittany?
Yes, I think Tuscany took Brittany's part of France at the same time as they pushed them out of Italy so they no longer exist. I would like to see Italy being formed but the Papal State and Tuscany are about equally strong now.

Yes, give them a tech advantage and there will be trully no end to what they could do, like in that demotivator card.