• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Neither does Spain, Russia, HRE, GB, PLC, Germany, Egypt or Hindustan and many more I'm sure, these are just from the top of my head.

Whether this is good or not, I dunno, is it really required? I can understand the unique ideas for Italy, since if you've managed to unite it under one rule, you might want to take your nation in another direction than what you've done up until this point, thinking of the HRE-authority bonuses and reduced coring cost.

In most of these cases forming a nation doesn't switch your ideas and frankly most nations that can form anything start with Unique ideas anyway so its fine really

If anything I find myself against forming Italy as I believe alot of the other Italian Ideas, Venetian or Milanese are better than the ones they give you and that annoyingly changes your government

Also one of Prussia and Mughals aren't terribly relevant as often the nation forming them started with the ideas they are switched to, Brandenburg starts with Prussian and Timurids start with Timurid ideas

Neither does Spain, Russia, HRE, GB, PLC, Germany, Egypt or Hindustan and many more I'm sure, these are just from the top of my head.

Whether this is good or not, I dunno, is it really required? I can understand the unique ideas for Italy, since if you've managed to unite it under one rule, you might want to take your nation in another direction than what you've done up until this point, thinking of the HRE-authority bonuses and reduced coring cost.

forming italy makes little sense. It goes from the merchant republics and city states of the renaissance to a militarist kingdom with ancient roman delusions, something which italy tried to be just under the fascist dictatorship, with little success and great shame. I would really like and option to preserve old NI and government.

I don't really see the point of having unique Scandinavian ideas since you'll already have either Danish, Swedish or Norwegian ideas.

I agree that there should be group ideas for Greek and Romanian nations, and I'm sure they'll get them at some point (as well as all the other "generic" nations).

The real problem is that Greek and Romanian minors don't have unique/group ideas. Same for French and Russian minors.

If they'd have them once the nation-country is formed they would have those unique ideas.

There aren't actually many countries which actually do switch you to their ideas, only Kurland, The Mughals, Persia and Prussia I think.

Also Italy and Netherlands.

Kind of annoying in the case of Italy, as the Italian states between them have a lot of interesting ideas. The forced government change is also very annoying for republics.

The real problem is that Greek and Romanian minors don't have unique/group ideas. Same for French and Russian minors.

If they'd have them once the nation-country is formed they would have those unique ideas.
No, just give them their own ideas or copy-paste the major ones. It would be a shame to lose the opportunity of forming Russia with non-Muscovian NIs. Italy players, I feel your pain!

What do you mean Spain,Russia,GB,and Egypt have unique NI's.

If you form these nations with anybody but England, Castile, Trashcovy, or Mamluks you will retain your old ideas.

Persia, Mughals, Prussia, Kurland, Italy, Japan (though a bit unique) and Byzantium will give you new ideas and in some cases new government (BYZ gives empire and Italy a monarchy if you're not one).

frankly most nations that can form anything start with Unique ideas anyway so its fine really

Frankly, you're wrong. There are tons of regional (which aren't "unique") idea nations that can form nations. Pretty much every German/Dutch minor, Italians, any nation in India w/o uniques, Majapahit, Russian minors, Finland, Navarra. However, if you factor in the possibility of culture drift it just gets stupid.

Forming nations should probably give their ideas more often than not.

If you form these nations with anybody but England, Castile, Trashcovy, or Mamluks you will retain your old ideas.

Persia, Mughals, Prussia, Kurland, Italy, Japan (though a bit unique) and Byzantium will give you new ideas and in some cases new government (BYZ gives empire and Italy a monarchy if you're not one).

Frankly, you're wrong. There are tons of regional (which aren't "unique") idea nations that can form nations. Pretty much every German/Dutch minor, Italians, any nation in India w/o uniques, Majapahit, Russian minors, Finland, Navarra. However, if you factor in the possibility of culture drift it just gets stupid.

Forming nations should probably give their ideas more often than not.

Except most of the ones you named have regional/cultural ideas, which aren't unique ideas but they are more appropriate than national ideas, and often fit the nation they are forming I mean if we form Germany should we get unique ideas or stick with German ideas and you seem to be arguing for extreme unrealistic corner cases like Perm forming Russia it just isn't gonna happen, and if the argument is that Novgorod forming Russia should give them Russian ideas I disagree as Russia ideas are arguably more Muscovite ideas and its makes not sense for Novgorod to change from their own unique ideas

It doesen't, IIRC, you just keep your original NI's.

He may have run into the glitch where the game loading screen shows wrong ideas for created tags and think it's actually that way in game. I've never looked that closely at ideas in ongoing games, I only look when I'm deciding who to play.