• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Daily updates, you say?

AWESOME

Friedrich Wilhelm must be like, FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!

And I sink Polan is going to... Reclaim more cores!

Last edited:
UmSYcR0.png

Chapter One: Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania
Episode VIII - Congress of Warsaw

The war was finally over. Twelve years of hell were required to let reactionaries know that Poland will not fold to their wild demands. And now Poland was truly free, for a first time since death of king Jan III Sobieski in 1696. Wettin kings who were elected after him tended to be mostly Russian puppets. And so Poland had its freedom, but nothing else. No economy, which utterly collapsed, no army, which was just a bunch of veterans and lucky survivors in the end, no political structure - monarchy had fallen, most of treacherous magnates died during war at the hands of mad peasants and most of existing offices were either useless or abandoned. Who would bother with them during times of total war? Time to reconstruct and modernize Poland was now. Too high price had been paid in the process to just not make use of situation. Rest of traitors who somehow avoided bloody exodus had to leave country, so none could oppose reforms. Without any interference from neighbours an opportunity presented itself.

According to Triumvirate's decrees and spirit of revolution, all classes were to rule Poland now. Having it in mind, Triumvirate called for National Assembly to be held in Warsaw next spring. Delegates of every class, nationality and religion reached Warsaw on April, to finally proclaim formation of United Republic of Poland, Lithuania and Ruthenia and also accept Republican Constitution of 1805.

Now, there is a reason why my events always have extensive description, you see?

qvptGQW.png

A new Republic was third liberal state of this world: with France and United States as first two. Thanks to glorious deeds of revolutionaries in Europe and America chains of reaction were completely broken. All monarchies which faced Revolution were utterly crushed to pieces. United Kingdom, ruler of the seas, had to fight on its own island for a first time with Gaelic rebels who tried to break away from Empire. Habsburg Empire lost most of Czechia and Hungary. Bloodthirsty Prussians were rolled back to Medieval and Russia suffered biggest humilliation since Mongol conquest.

ijcjDb8.jpg

It is a New Age.
Age of Freedom!

Fin.

___
Daily updates, you say?

Three weeks later.

Daily updates you say? I was too lazy to write ONE DAMN EVENT. How bad am I? I deserve serious punishment ain't I? I really do :(

FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!

ITS OVER NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN oh wait.

I found that flag somewhere on one of those alt-history forums and hey, I liked it so it's in! And that's how we end Chapter One lads, off to Chapter Twoooo!

Imgur always messes up my maps. But why? Dam yu imgur :(

It's going well and I guess I'll convert save and continue in Ricky after '36. Damn I could still save Poland here...but a caste of bishops and other greedy demons remain. Had reformation reached Poland, hell that'd be at least a tad better. That's why I always go protestant in my Poland games from 1419.

Anyone? :(

Last edited:
DAT EUROPE

France seems to be unstoppable, though Boney didn't manange to keep his home...
And Ireland... It has its capital in the north, does that mean it's Protestant?

Three weeks later.

Awesome while it lasted :)

I find that flag really curious, do you know the reason for those colours?

I will have to fix this biatch. I can't stand this mess :( Rainfall of events will fix it, I'm sure.

I just can't stand it. Rebels are simply unable to handle for AI. I may defeat them after a long struggle, but AI won't. That's why half of Europe collapsed. That's why I won essentially.

I'd have to google for flag again, there was a description. Some references to values/virtues(?) most likely, same as in basic Polish flag white is freedom(?) and red is blood of those who fought for it AFAIK. That's how it's sometimes interpreted anyway.

CoA is easier - Polish eagle to the left, Lithuanian Pogoń (dunno if it has English name, dat guy on horse) to the right, and dat thing below them is Ruthenia/Ukraine. Suits well for my plans.

Good Game, as we say...:)

Polsk Game, as we say!

2Ppe2M1.png

Chapter Two: United Republic of Poland, Lithuania and Ruthenia
Episode IX - Birth of Republic

When three most reactionary powers of Europe decided to finish off agonizing Poland, they could not predict that it will take longer than a few months to subdue Kościuszko and his soldiers. And that they will not be victorious. And so, a long thirteen years later two of them descended into hell, leaving mere ashes behind themselves. On top of hundreds thousands of fallen German soldiers free and egalitarian Republic emerged, first state in Central Europe to break chains of reaction and answer Call of Revolution from Paris. Although both Hohenzollerns and Habsburg kept their thrones, it is most unlikely that they will take back their lost territories anytime soon. Austrians somehow managed to regain their influence in Bohemia after granting autonomy to Crown of Saint Wenceslaus, Hungary was permamently lost, with exception of its western part and fragment of former Military Frontier created against Ottomans. Prussian Kingdom has been set back for hundred, or maybe even two hundred years. They held no influence in Poland at this point, with exception of Danzig - had Royal Navy not moved to Baltic to prevent total fall of Hohenzollerns, Danzig would also return to Poland. Either way, victorious Independence War was biggest achievement of Poland since centuries. For once Poles, Lithuanians and Ruthenians united under one banner averted attrocities of the past, to create new, brighter future.

Price was enormous - a toll taken by disastrous total war, in gold, crops, food, and most of all blood. During thirteen years of war, about quarter of million(!) Commonwealth soldiers died - either killed in battle or after it because of wounds. It's about three percent of Commonwealth's population, estimated to count around ten million of people. With addition of civilian losses, Commonwealth lost between four and five hundread thousands of inhabitants, roughly 4-5% of overall population.

That was a toll taken for freedom for Poles, Lithuanians and Ruthenians. In people.

Financial situation looked troublesome during the war, when at some point currency was technically not needed, even unwated, in state leading total war - if one is to make Last Man Standing, let it be total and radical, economy makes no difference in this regard.

First year after war was indeed fatal for Republic, but government did its best to reform Medieval-fashioned feudal economy into modern, liberal one. Without most of magnates it was going surprisingly smooth. Since the very beginning topic of former magnates residencies was leading to a heated debates in Sejm. Although vast territories gathered by traitors were still administrated by Republican comissaries, situation in rural areas improved considerably. Since peasantry was finally free from inhuman duties for their lords - mostly working their fields, which tended to get absolutely ridiculous (sometimes peasants were ordered to work for more than 24 hours during one day!) - usual field works could proceed in normal atmosphere.

Since peasants could start working for their own sake only - not just for a greedy nobility - their efficiency improved considerably. Working not longer than necessary and eating enough to retain their energy, peasantry begun the process of reviving Polish economy, working diligently and quickly raising efficiency and quality of Polish agriculture. Government was temporarily in control of fiscal economy, setting up prices for most important products and fighting hyperinflation. Since 1806 Republic's economy could finally start adopting new liberal policies and even think of first industrial enterprises. It took some time before industrial revolution started in Republic, but since the beginning it seemed to be inevitable. First discoveries of coal veins in Upper Silesia made by Poles with addition to ones already discovered were far too tempting for a few rich individuals and government, who were receiving news of new exciting discovered connected to coal and steam in West.

qoCoT0G.png

Whilist most important internal matter of Poland was to recover and reform economical system, new diplomatic corps was working hard on strengthening Polish position on international arena. First and foremost, major target of Polish diplomacy were old best friends from Danube. Hungarian Kingdom led by Rakoczy dynasty seemed to not be the best target at first - even if Poland and Hungary have a history together, some thought Habsburg chains of reaction were simply replaced with local ones. Soon it appeared that although new kingdom is not necessarily liberal, it remains moderate towards all parties and neither favours not persecutes innovative thoughts.

Thus, as Hungary proved to be (as always) a worth partner, Polish diplomacy engaged King in Budapest. Things went suprisingly quickly, as usual with old buddies. In June of 1805 both states signed Treaty of Friendship and just a month later an official defensive pact has been concluded. It was not a secret that Rakoczy aimed to purge Gobert's kingdom in Transylvania and he seeked Polish assistance - or at least neutrality. With that small exception, Polish-Hungarian alliance remained a defensive one, to counter Habsburg's attempts to retake Hungary and southern Poland. For now both were safe - mighty Kaiser was barely keeping his throne and had to humilliate himself many, many times to keep his supporters by his side. It is first time when he had to listen to Czechs or attend their parliament in Prague. Else they would revolt, and oh, he has no more soldiers to stop them! Bigger part vanished in Italy, smaller in Poland. And now he has no one. And he has to agree with Czechs. Czechs!

But there is no doubt one day Kaiser will attempt to return, that's how the Kaisers do roll in general. Better to make sure from beginning that we all firmly stand against him.

VgWUBNb.png

Fin.

___
Why so lazy. Somebody kill me :(

It's really not that hard, I have only thirty years left. I can make it...right? R-r-right? I want to. Really. But I cannot, somehow ._.

I need to start doing better or someone bad will come and eat me, forever! Noooo :(

Last edited:
Worth the wait :)

Now Poland must engage in a crusade against Aristrocrats, erase its past, show everyone how to manage a country, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... :wacko:

Let's see how this "defensive" pact goes

EDIT: Haven't said that I like the graphics a lot :D

Last edited:
2Ppe2M1.png

Episode X - United We Stand...

First French victory against Coallition dealt blow hard enough to stun French enemies for a few months and severly shattered their bonds. Another war followed a few months later and although Napoleon didn't fully conquer Egypt, he faced his enemies in Italy again and brought THe Old World on the brink of destruction. At first victory against Second Coallition seemed to not be that effective - despite conquest Rhineland and submission of Spain and Netherlands, losses were counted in hundreds of thousands soldiers. Stopping French armies however led to the demise of all Coallition leaders - United Kingdom, Prussia and Austria. Since both sides faced fierce resistance at their homeland, Coallition wars temporarily ceased. Unofficially Polish-Prussian Peace of Warsaw from 1804 is considered as end of Second Coallition, since it was Prussia and Britain's last conflict before brief period of peace.

Major peace between all major players didn't mean the end of hostillies nevertheless. All the major powers knew they'll meet on European battlefields once again, after disastrous outcome of Second Coallition War will be resolved. Revolution itself knows no borders and so it begun to spread across all Europe, bringing down Napoleon's enemies where he could not reach, like British Isles. Until 1811 Britain could not regain control of its own island - bloody civil war lasted four years and ended only when George III agreed to sign new, Second Act of Union, which granted far more liberty to Scotland and Ireland. Fall of Prussia was mainly connected to war in Poland, which also effected in dissent and eventually breakaway of Prussian possessions all over Holy Roman Empire.

Austrian Empire had to concede Hungary and barely managed to keep Bohemia under its leash by proposing autonomy, dissolved as soon as Kaiser regained power to do so. Hungary however remained out of his reach, and dissolving Bohemian autonomy in 1808 in fact strengthened his enemies. Gyorgy Rakoczy, allied with Poles to counter Austrian ambitions, used rumors of Austrian aggresiveness to strike fear into hearts of Transylvanian nobles under Johann Nepomuk Gobert, who could not control his new domain. Eventually nobles from eastern Hungary came to Budapest on 8th May of 1808 and six days later proclaimed reunification of Hungary. Abandoned Gobert also agreed to submit to Rakoczy and remained in charge of Transylvania, now as Duke.

4shEiT1.png

President Kościuszko was of course happy to hear news from Budapest. Defensive pact with Rakoczy included remark that Poles should aid Hungarians in case of war against Transylvania. Since Republic was still military weak, Kościuszko hoped to avoid another bloodbath and focus on economical and social revival of Poland. More and more reforms were being accepted by Sejm, which finally after two centuries ceased to be a mere theatre for drunken and corrupted nobility. New, Republican Sejm was gathering four times a year every three months for a two weeks (as opposed to Commonwealth, where it was gathering every two years for six weeks). During First Session of 1807 first group of government market regulations has been abandoned*, since economy was already back on a level from before Independence War. Third Session of 1809 was mostly focused on formation of Polish Legion (screenshot below) and First Session of 1810 finally voted for repayment of last loans taken from France and United States.

Second Session of 1811 was crucial for agrarian reform and future of traitors's possessions. A special commision to organize and control redistribution of magnates territories has been finally appointed. Most of the land was to be given to peasantry, since there was not a chance for peasantry to buy it, or repay loans given by state. Local forests and pastures were to be governed by a local administration. Remaining territory like fallows or magnate's residences were to be taken by state and sold on auctions afterwards. Government hoped to invest in industrial enterprises and manufactories or sell land for those willing to invest in them. Commission's goal was to determine a fair split of all confiscated ground. Remaining loyal nobles (usually much smaller and much less powerful than magnates) were enforced to return freedom to their serfs, which in fact already happened during Independence War.

bUvC7vH.png

Although formally Independence War has been won by Poles, former occupants didn't forsake their plans to erase Poland from the map. Russia remained rather instable during rule of Tsar Pavel I - and tensions with Ottomans were containing Russians fairly well - but Kościuszko had no doubt that Russian waves will try to flood Poland once again. Dissolving of Bohemian autonomy by Austrian Kaiser was also worrisome, but in this case Austria already lost half of its territory and influence in Germany (despite retaining title of Holy Roman Emperor), and Polish-Hungarian defensive pact was also doing its job of repeling Austrians. Prussia remained politically broken after the war, but it still held considerable power in its hands. Prussian military tradition suffered immensely, but it's not forgotten yet.

And all three giants know what's happening in Poland. Social revolution, something they fear, something that will get them either way if they will not try to stop it.

On the other hand, French hegemon's shadow was covering all three aggressors. It was hard to believe that France would abandon its ideological ally in case the worst happen.

There is no need to fear. United we stand, ready to whitstand any enemy.

How long will this uneasy peace reign over Europe?

jHR5dAE.png

_________
I got different version of WATKABAOI and forgot to add colorscales hence why colors are different. Will fix it next time.

Wasn't writing for quite a long time, damn. It's terribly out of shape, I can feel it, but what I can do? This time I'm gonna push it all the way to the end!

There is no reason to play beyond 1836 in FtG, I'm losing too much fun and features of Vic:R. I did some tests, and of course save would have to go through heavy edits, but overall, continuing campaign in Victoria Revolutions (and DH afterwards maybe? It's 100% possible). But I don't really want to go through Victoria alone.

Should I end in 1836 or go to Vic:R then? It's not that far, I really hope to face my enemies once again, but in case they'll remain a little bitches, it will go rather fast. See, this episode covers five years for example.

Opinions, opinions...I feel like this AAR's doing worse than Livonian one was, but still it's amusing to defy all the giants with my little Poland. And try to avert all the fatal failures...damn, AARs are such a good thing. :D

Also, I fixed those borders as you can see. Couldn't stand this madness. Also, gave some cash and zero-ed WE for major guys.

@Nein

Well, I might sound a bit paranoid with all this anti-reactionary thing, but if you'd go through history of Poland, it is ravaged by cancer since today, and it begun since the very fatal mistakes waay back in time.

It all remains, in mentality, in head of average Polack. That's why France, Germany and England went big and Poland went home. But that's yet another mega-long story of sadness and ultimate failure.

And historical arguments. Yuck! ;)

Last edited:
Ah, Europe is back.

As for the future of the AAR, I think the way you deal with the Age of Nationalism elsewhere (mainly Germany and Italy and the fate of Napoleon's empire) would be more interesting, given that you've already set the scene for an ideologically focused narrative. Poland has already fought enough, even forming alliances that stand a chance against the neighbouring empires, it can rest somewhat while the World suffers.

Of course you you can always go with Polish realpolitik, sounds cool ;)

Almost forgot about Sweden. Another possibility is the cooperation between your block to form a Victorian Axis, with Poland ruling Germany, Hungary the Balkans, and Sweden Scandinavia.

In any case this kind of AAR probably doesn't suit blobbing, but it must go on.

2Ppe2M1.png

Episode XI - Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor Empire...

How long will this uneasy peace reign over Europe?

They wished it could be the end, although their issues were not solved yet. Secretly they hoped this madness would end once and for all, no more wars for this troubled land, let this glorious peace reign for a thousand years!

But Kaisers, Kaisers are the people of greed and pure evil. They never listen. They never ask. They just come and claim what they think belongs to them.

This is a story of Franz, last of those greedy Kaisers...

Just when Kościuszko and Poles started believing that their enemies will not fire even once, steadily observed by Napoleon, Guard of Revolution, they hopes were crushed once and for all. It was the winter of 1812, when crossing Alps was nearly impossible for massive armies, when Franz II, new Kaiser which succeeded Leopold II, leader of Second Coallition, came up with a sneaky plan. Alps cannot be crossed as for now - he thought - so what if I would quickly smite Hungarians and Poles and then finish off France once and for all? Overly excited Kaiser and bunch of his cronies who hoped to avenge two defeated Coallitions, they launched secret preparations, mobilizing every men able to carry a gun, or at least participate in transport of supplies, and then they planned overwhelming offensive against Hungary. How clever is that? It will be over in a month, maybe two, Hungarians will submit, lucky Poles will run away, and then it is game: we versus Napoleon. How could we possibly lose?

He can't cross Alps like that, right?

Alps, no. Why would he do that?

bZgjpWu.png

THEN HOW DID HE APPEARED IN CROATIA, THAT BASTARD!?

The answer is simple. Napoleon had a navy bigger than British one. And three hundred thousands of soldiers ready to pack onto them and counter any Austria's move?

UUURGH I HATE FRENCH!

Since the start of Kościuszko's Insurrection in 1793 Napoleon tried to make sure to keep his ambassadors and informators in Warsaw, to always be aware of what's going on in the East. News of Austrian invasion reached him from Poland soon, brought by Hungarian ambassador first. His desperate speech at Extraordinary Sejm of 1812 left no doubt among Polish government - war is risky, but we signed defensive pact with Hungarians, and to honour pacts is to forge a new, brighter future. President Kościuszko along with Legion's general Dąbrowski gathered forty thousands of soldiers and - joined by ill Prince Poniatowski later - moved south to seal the entrance to Hungarian capital. Their freedom is our freedom, if Hungary will fall, we will most likely fall later too.

Plans were in place and despite overwhelming Austrian odds Poles accepted Devil's challenge again. Who could knew what are French up to?

But they already knew about it and their massive Mediterranean navy was preparing for a great journey to Croatia.

Poles arrived to Budapest in March. King Gyorgi led his main force too but...he was not in Budapest. Why would he conduct any offensive operation being massively outnumbered and outgunned?

French! They arrived! Marshall Massena's headquarters is in Zagreb! We are conducting all-out offensive to finish it as fast as possible!

Indeed, Andre Massena was leading French assault from Adriatic Sea, which distracted Austrian Army. Soon fatal news reached Vienna - indeed, Napoleon decided to cross Alps, he's doing it slowly but steadily. Austrian generals started panicking and suddenly their plan turned from magnificient to suicidal. News brought every day were contradicting each other: in the end it appeared that Napoleon crossed Alps with his elite brigades only, where major part of Grande Armee landed in Croatia - around two hundred thousands people. Already distracted and dispersed K.u.K Armee had fallen into deadly trap. Austrian lapdogs tried to help, but war was already lost.

Whilist French and Hungarians went openly against Austrians, Polish army remained in Budapest to cover Hungarian capital. That was a right decision - as mentioned lapdogs mustered their forces and sneaked past major French armies, soon appearing next to Budapest. Lack of coordination between united command of this make-up army led to two bloodbaths, which resulted in harsh beating and permament retreat of Saxon armies.

In February of 1813 Austrians finally grouped their main units in Pressburg, awaiting Massena's army at Danube. Poles moved north to create distraction in Austrian ranks, then return to Poland to resupply units and participate in Czech campaign afterwards. Plan worked perfectly. On 9th February of 1813 Austrian Marshall, Prince Schwarzenberg, was full of hope that his best equiped and commaded army in the world will stop French typhoon, that Revolution will be stopped and Austria will regain its major position in European politics...

Next morning there was no hope, no Prince Schwarzenberg and no Austrian army.

Empire has fallen.

qUQHeGa.png

Polish role in this conflict was minor - with exception of defense of Budapest, French did all the work. Destruction of last Austrian army in Pressburg Battle - and finishing its remnants near Austerlitz in Moravia - sealed fate of Habsburg Empire. Austrian revolutionaries soon rose again, this time with Napoleon's help. Kaiser Franz II, The Last Kaiser, has been captured and executed in Vienna by angry mob on 22nd February of 1814. Next day Masenna's rear guard entered Vienna and assumed full control of city. Remaining Imperial garrisons in Bohemia tried to oppose, but it was too late already. On 23rd March last Austrian regiments defending Prague surrendered. Tadeusz Kościuszko entered city and approved restoration of Bohemian Diet, now fully controled by leaders of anti-Habsburg opposition in Bohemia.

During Polish fake retreat to Silesia Prince Józef Poniatowski passed away, ravaged by tuberculosis. Such a shame for one of most talented Polish generals and remarkable statesman to pass away in a moment like that. Far away from the fame...before joining Czech campaign, whole army and citizens of Kraków attended his burial ceremony. Soon after that his body has been sent to Wawel, palace of Medieval kings in Kraków and buried there, among other kings of Poland. Hero of Independence War, remained an example of ideal commander for next generations of officers and soldiers.

Collapse of Austrian behemoth has been finally accomplished. Part of Kaiser's family managed to flee to Italy before Massena's army and Austrian folks and from there sailed to Russia. The horrors they've been through terrified Russian Tzar so much he refused to even talk about official support for exiled Habsburgs.

In the end Napoleon's army reached Austria through Bavaria, since King Maximillian joined war against Austria in September of 1813. Nevertheless, both armies didn't had much to do, only take last bastions of resistance.

After Prague surrendered, it was clear that a new order is needed for southern Germany. Napoleon called all German rulers and his victorious allies to participate in Congress of Vienna, which will decide future of neither Holy, nor Roman, defeated Empire...

thoi7dM.png

Fin.

_____
I was relieved to see French attack next day after Austrian offensive. Really, massive armies shown up next to our borders and I was like HOLY HELL, but then French attacked and I was like UUFFF WE GOTTA CHANCE and then I reached Budapest, saw their doomstack and was like alright it's done...

It was altogether way too sudden. I didn't even took screenshot from that Pressburg battle, and in fact I was moving north because of revolt in Kujawy.

But you know, I like to always come up with a roleplay background for some things. I'm also sure that France didn't invade Croatia by sea (well, maybe some units were dropped this way), they probably broke through Tirol and curbstomped Austrians.

Again, historically speaking that would be pure madness and I will always try to explain stuff like that in a logical RP manner.

So, now we're up to decide about Austria's fate. I always like to do it in usual SP games, when I beat some majors in the end, make something like Vienna Congress, ask my friends what would they do in this situation, I sum up all the ideas and have a lot of fun.

Maybe it will work here? Any special wishes? Plans? Show me your ideas if you got sum, one sure thing is that HRE will be disbanded, same as OTL.

That would be it for now, I guess. ;)

@Nein

That's really nice of you to comment every single time, ain't it boring for you yet? I mean, for me it's perfectly fine but...you know what I mean. ;)

Poland never fights enough! Baptized in fire forty to one! Well, of course I'm not going to blob - I would prefer to influence other countries with my power rather than just annex all of them to death. :(

I only want to reunite Poland as whole, thou pre-partition borders are somehow not appealing. I would rather want to shift to the West (hence why I took Upper Silesia from Prussia). There is no need in moving border too far to east. All the Orthodox and Ukrainian subjects? No thank you, too much of a headache in Age of Nationalism. ;)

Last edited:
Fun AAR is of fun, and since no else is commenting I just have to.

The fate of the HRE... Having the Czechs separated from it and new countries for the different German cultures seem like the most obvious plans. Of course, you can partition it between all the close nations hehehe :laugh:

Oh wow um, yeah, 13 days, but WOW.

2Ppe2M1.png

Episode XII - The Peace of Vienna

Collapse of the Habsburg Empire has been complete and unavoidable. On 24th March restored Bohemian Diet gathered for a first time. Its first decision was to sign a defensive pact with Poland, Hungary and France - three powers which liberated Bohemia from Habsburg occupation. The next day all the representatives - that is leaders of France, Poland, Bohemia, Hungary and Bavaria met in Vienna to decide about the future of Habsburg territories. Full agreement has been reached the next day and it was not any surprising as many predicted such outcome of negotiations. In the end, Austrian territory has been split as follows:

• Former territories of Hungarian and Croatian kingdoms will be returned under Hungarian jurisdiction. Croatia will remain autonomous part of Hungary. If at any point Hungarians will disrupt Croatian autonomy, Empire of France is obligated to intervene and restore independent Croatian kingdom.

• Former territories of Bohemian crown and Habsburg possessions north from Danube will form Czech Republic, independent Czech state guaranteed by Empire of France. Republic of Poland is expected to guarantee and defend Czech integrity until new Republic will field its own, functional army.

• Territories of former Duchy of Carniola will be ceded to French Empire as a military base in Adriatic Sea. French garrison will be stationed there to intervene in case if Peace of Vienna will be violated by any country in area.

• Austria proper (and that is duchies of Austria, Steiermark and Tirol) will be ceded to Kingdom of Bavaria. King Maximillian will assume title of the King of Greater Bavaria and protect his new Austrian subjects from reactionary and pro-Habsburg threats.

• The Holy Roman Empire will be officially dissolved as relict of reactionary past of Habsburg state.

Especially the last point enraged most of Northern German community. Napoleon dissolved Holy Roman Empire on its own - although it was already dead and archaic institution, it severly harmed German pride.

Now it was the time for Hohenzollern snake to act. Severly beaten during Second Coallition he could not expand by military, but still could spread his ill propaganda.

Once the delegates were negotiating in Vienna, Prussian King started to act. Making use of the general unrest in North and common fear of Napoleon, he summoned all the rulers from North Germany to Berlin.

And once the delegates signed Treaty of Vienna, North German Federation was first to officially deny it.

9uzdtdh.png

Either way Polish Republic achieved important victory during Vienna negotiations. Its status as regional power and "second in charge" in Revolutionary camp has been fully recognized. Friendly relations have been established with new Greater Bavarian king Maximillian.

oOnw3GO.png

Even if North German Confederation has formed, what is the worst that could possibly happen? It is not like Hohenzollern is strong enough to attack, huh? And who would he attack anyway - France? Napoleon, the Scourge of God, has army twice as big as all the German states could field together?

And there is no chance that Federation could attack Bavaria - with exception of Solingen Fortress in Rhineland there is no option for North to get down south. And besides French are still there, returning to homes via Bavaria, they'd repel them instantly!

And what bussiness could Federation possibly have in Bohemia? It's not like they are holding Habsburg claims or something...

Treaty of Vienna - a total humilliation for Germans - instead of working in Napoleon's favour did completely opposite. A strong enemy has been replaced by stronger one.

However, Germans have united the same day Treaty has been signed, so there is no option for them to take decisive action this early, right? It would make absolutely no sense to attack France - it has the biggest army in the world or Bavaria - because that army is still stationed there! Any other direction makes no sense, Hohenzollerns openly denied Habsburgs so why would they want to enter Bohemia?

Even if the richest and most populous nation in the world has united, what is the worst that could possibly happen?

...oh wait.

VWy3gPr.png

I see what you did there...

Fin.

Too lazy to write two goddamn events GOD DAMN. But today was an AAR day, I updated both of my AARs.

So, we are in for a bloody ride again. I played quite a bit and...damn, I am always lucky to get into some wild madness. But that's what Paradox games are about!

Especially if you're the one modding'em...

And speaking of modding I hath added Chicken Spadge's Civ3 sprites and holy crap this thing is so lovely <3

@Nein
What kind of prize? Laziest AARse ever? (see what I did there?)

@Sakura_F
No probs, will be twenty one ;) Or twenty-two...cannot into maths really.

Let us all meet the next time, when horrendous amount of blood will be spilled again! Big Yay for Napoleonic Wars of Absolute Annihilation!

Nice borders :)

As for the Germans, if you defeated them before you can surely do it again, even without the Emperor. And this time you can claim your prize,

2Ppe2M1.png

Episode XIII - Third Coalition

Although Peace of Vienna formed a new, French military block in Europe, Napoleon denied aid to Poles at first, explaning that his grand army requires time to be reorganized, resupplied, and then it could be sent forth against Germans. Whilist obviously French were probably exhausted after short but tremendously intensive campaign against Habsburgs, they could probably stay in Bavarian territory to at least contain North German Federation...

"Agreement which caused disagreement. Peace that sparkled War."

There is no doubt that treaty from Vienna and French actions shortly afterwards were the lowest point, one of the very few obvious mistakes made by Napoleon. By trying to break bonds of his enemies once and for all, he indeed strengthened them and created himself one more powerful enemy.

But no one could possibly oppose Grande Armee, right?

Right, but so young Polish Republic wasn't in position to fight against all German states. Every single count and city which joined North German Federation instantly sent their armies to the East. Germans might have been disorganized for quite a while, but numbers were vastly favouring them. Very first German try to destroy Polish morale in vain - by conducting swift cavalry attack against Kościuszko's army returning to Poland - failed miserably, but proven how determinated to avenge Prussian loss from 1790s Federation was.

First year of the conflict haven't seen any major battles anyway. Germans focused on reforming other German armies and bringing them to Prussian level. Instead of Poland, they have flooded defenseless Czechia at first, which could hardly stop them. Main Polish army, reinforced with more recruits remained in Poland to contain German maneuvers. One of their armies indeed tried to capture northwestern Poland and prepare ground for attack on Warsaw - but Kościuszko's swift expedition crushed them to pieces before they could achieve anything.

Mbw66Ro.png

In summer of 1815 all-out German offensive ("Drang Nach Ostern", in reference to famous campaigns of Teutonic Order) started. Around 120.000 Germans, which counts as forty brigades by 19th Century standards attacked Poland from Prussia, Pomerania and via conquered Moravia. Kościuszko decided to deal with strongest enemies at first, and then slowly cleave all other, less relevant armies. Poland was in full-defensive again.

Beginning of "Drang Nach Ostern" was most unsuccessful for Poland indeed. On 4th June Polish brigades engaged part of German army near village of Pszczyna -battle fought there was a beginning of First Silesian Campaign. For next two weeks Polish and German units were clasing across all Upper Silesia, and most of clashes ended inconclusively. Finally, from 21st to 23rd June bulks of both armies met near village of Bytom (Beuthen). It was Kościuszko who emerged victorious, but losses on his side were catastrophic. Yet again, by proving their superiority in usage and production of artillery, Germans badly hampered Polish army.

Afterwards, army returned to Warsaw on 17th August, welcomed by the citizens. There was nothing to celebrate however - southern wing of German offensive has been stopped, but northern offensive was progressing rapidly. Some of key western cities and fortresses surrendered to Germans during winter of 1815/1816 - small cavalry detachments tried to scout central Poland again, but met their fate by encountering and surrendering to main Polish force, which returned to main front.

Next spring Germans tried to sneak to Warsaw from south again. This time President made sure to invest in French artillery and easily brought down troublemakers in a series of fast-paced battles near village of Chorzów.

In April army was again in central Poland, garrisoned around Kalisz, prepared to react when it was possible. First phase of Drang Nach Ostern has ended - Federation sent some brigades back to West upon hearing rumors of French secret mobilization and brigades sent to Poland via Bavaria and Hungary.

t8rDGbq.png

None of rumors were true. Napoleon was still far from organizing campaign against Germany. No brigades were sent to Poland - although some guns and artillery were flowing mentioned route in great quantities.

But French were not going to make a move. Not a chance. Kościuszko was visiting French ambassador every time he was in Warsaw, but "nothing could be specified, as Emperor rarely reveals his plans until the very end."

No move from Paris. Not a sign. A foul play of French Emperor plunged Poland into yet another disastrous war.

But had he not defeated all known European armies ten years ago, would Poland even get a chance to fight for its freedom?

Ah, these joyful and glorious days when Prussian king was begging us on his knees, crying out "I surrender! I surrender to you!".

It's gone. And now all Germans are with him.

And Russians.

...What?!

ElwJSYI.png

All of that was only prelude to new, bigger, and bloodier war of new generation, Third Coalition War...

Fin.

I am taking laziness to entirely new, unreachable level. It's like if Zulu invented atomic bomb and dropped it on Zimbabwe.

Anyway, here we are at total slaughter party again. I wanted to get my economy going and start writing about birth of modern Polish politics, but such is a fate of Hussar Nation, to fight till the very god dayum end.

Let it be then. I see no problem.

EDIT: Also, as I forgot, now I use lovely-lovely Chicken Spadge's sprites converted from Civ3. So much cute cat <3.

@Nein

Well, I guess that last screenshot is the best answer to "you can surely do it again, even without the Emperor". ;)

Until next (hopefully much quicker) time...lazy ass me :D

Ouch!