• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Titan, long time no speak.

would it theory be possible for you to make one or two flags and shields AoD-style?

Hi there mate,

well, in theory yes. The thing is that AFAIK there's a plugin for Photoshop which is used to make flags out of a starting blank template. Now, I don't use PS (don't own it) and rely on a simpler program instead; so, I'd need to make them "manually", so to speak.

Which ones were you thinking about, though?

well honestly i do not even know if i will need one, LOL.

the thing is that i was modding CHI lately (the usual stuff, leaders and ministers). and i encountered quite a few ministers and leaders of the so-called Wang Jingwei Regime which could help Japan.

i'm ultra-conservative when it comes to introducing new "nations" but maybe this one could work (i do not know it yet - i surely do not want to have a Manchukuo-style nation without any content: too few leaders and ministers).

i think i can make a counter with copying the flag over an existing counter, but i never made shields and such things, that is why i ask (long time before i would need it, because the GFX-request thread in the DH-Zone is a bit slow as well and i noticed you have flags in your package).

in case you want to look at it, here is what i have right now: http://www.filefactory.com/file/73t78g1ezz2t/Wang_Jingwei_Government.rar

but as i said it is too early to release it, just as i can not make flags etc, i thought i ask (very) early.

the other one would be Ukraine, but not needed, actually.

Wow, great stuff you did there! Just like as if I should still be surprised, heh...

Ok, I think there won't be great problems with that, especially if it's only one (or a couple) - so I'd say go on and then send me or post here the original flag for me to turn it in game format.

By the way: yes, I have some flags in the TP but they all (or almost) come from the HSR site, having been made by |AxiN|...

OK i found the last two generals i definately need. i think i have now 23 land leaders, 35 ministers and 4 tech teams + information about some other land leaders (just i do not want to have people without image) + ills from NAT CHI and maybe JAP for the planes (but i doubt i'll ever see one. so i think it is worth testing it.
the people are all chinese and not japanese, except the TT Suzuki Teiichi

i would need a shield, flag and if possible counter (but the last one i could actually try myself).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reorganized_National_Government_of_China

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F...e,_Anti-Communism,_National_Construction).svg

i don't know if you can do this AoD style. if it is only possible in another style i simply change the rest of my flags as well. i like the AoD understatement, but uniformity in style matters more.

oh and no hurry, please, i'm still collecting info.

Ok, we'll pull this off eventually.

The counter is piece of cake and the easiest of the three, but the other two will be done as well. Putting the whole thing on hold for now; just tell me when the time will be ripe for it!

well, like i said i'm basically done. it is only that this leader work is never really 'done'. there are always possible adds and removals in the future.

well if you have the time yes, if no no. i just meant there is no hurry as i just released a version with focus on china and the next one will not show up this year.
maybe if i'm lucky generals.dk or other sites add images of other generals, but i expect it to work (at least better than MEN or MAN).

U87. I didn't know either, and checked that only after reading your above post ;) .

Well, I'm at disposal for other tasks, though - should the need arise, just ask.

Well, I'm at disposal for other tasks, though - should the need arise, just ask.

no other tasks needed since the current one does not want to disappear :D.

well AoD has the country (kind of, but it is there, i'll skip the leaders stuff). and AoD comes with a flag for U87 as well, but the flag and the shield is wrong.

it is the naval jack, not the state flag:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China-Nanjing_(Naval_Jack).svg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F...e,_Anti-Communism,_National_Construction).svg

this could even be something for "patch" 1.09, as this is a clear mistake of the base game, not a mod.

EDIT:

[...] I'm at disposal [...]

Führerreserve!!! It is called Führerreserve, LOL.

Last edited:
no other tasks needed since the current one does not want to disappear :D.

well AoD has the country (kind of, but it is there, i'll skip the leaders stuff). and AoD comes with a flag for U87 as well, but the flag and the shield is wrong.

it is the naval jack, not the state flag:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China-Nanjing_(Naval_Jack).svg

this could even be something for "patch" 1.09, as this is a clear mistake of the base game, not a mod.
Oh yes, those flags definitely do not match. I'll see what I can do, then :)

EDIT:

Führerreserve!!! It is called Führerreserve, LOL.
:D ...but while we're at it, if memory serves "zur Verfügung" should be a good translation (from "at disposal"), right?

:D ...but while we're at it, if memory serves "zur Verfügung" should be a good translation (from "at disposal"), right?

yup, you could also use z.b.V. (zur besonderer Verwendung, some divisions or units in HoI have this abbreviation. it's roughly 'for special use/purpose/utilization'). so you're basically a modder z.b.V. :D

Oh yes, those flags definitely do not match. I'll see what I can do, then

thanks a lot!

yup, you could also use z.b.V. (zur besonderer Verwendung, some divisions or units in HoI have this abbreviation. it's roughly 'for special use/purpose/utilization'). so you're basically a modder z.b.V. :D
Oh, I see - and remember some of those in HoI/AoD, now that you mention them. Interesting!

thanks a lot!
Well, no problem but it would be better if you thanked me after the job is done :D . Without Photoshop it will be tricky, let's see what I can pull off.

Oh, I see - and remember some of those in HoI/AoD, now that you mention them. Interesting!

usually transport planes

Well, no problem but it would be better if you thanked me after the job is done :D . Without Photoshop it will be tricky, let's see what I can pull off.
was an attempt to put you under pressure ;)

Hi, can you make province picture out for this one please:
cu45ggc804lwyri19.jpg

This would be the last one for a long time.
And a TT for this guy:
cu47h2oj482k68ikt.jpg

Last edited:
Here I am! Sorry for the very long delay but I've got good news for you, guys (well, kind of, but read on)... Santa's brought some presents for you! :D

Let's start with the easier things.

@ Pioniere:

Here are the two requested images - also, no problem if there are more required, I never shy away from that!

d8BEtcy.png

@ Bestmajor:

It's been a rather tough one but I somehow managed to make it. The 3 files are here - without further ado, though, let's take a look at them:

d33S7wY.png

Looks a bit weird, you say...? Yes, you're definitely right :D . The problem is, that friggin' flag has its proportions totally off, i.e. it's far higher than a standard flag due to the added yellow part on top of it.

So, in order to keep its proportions reasonably balanced, I had to slightly cut off both the top and bottom parts of it. Not ideal, perhaps, but the best I could come up with... if you prefer, we could e.g. cut off the red part at the bottom completely, which would avoid the top part being lightly trimmed (as it is now). Tell me if you've got other ideas.

And that's it. Happy Xmas (war is over), people!

Hi Titan,
yes i thought that was the reason why AoD uses the naval jack and DH the war ensign. thank you so much, i knew it would be difficult but i like the solution you found a lot.

Happy Xmas to you as well!