• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ask and thou shalt receive. Thanks Titan - like it a lot.
You're welcome, Epa. However, now I've tried to make a new version (smaller and with a darker, single pixel frame) which I actually like better. Here's a screen with both versions; please, tell me which one in your opinion looks better!

The smaller one by miles!
Yeah, I concur! Ok, so this will be the new beach icon - added to Corrections.

Furthermore, while I was at it, I slightly modified the appearance of the «'39» in the Infantry's icons to make it hopefully easier to tell from the «'36». No big change, but better than nothing ;) .

Yep, I prefer the smaller one also. More 'decisive', if that makes sense.
Good to know! We all agree on that, then :) .

-

I've updated the navy counters in the same way as the army ones, i.e. with symbols on the right border, to make them recognizable at a glance:

Download the Corrections file in the first post, as usual.

ok, got it - thanks a lot.
btw is it possible to have a counter strip without the little dots? you see i just use single divisions in AoD so only gets the cons (intel) without the pros (orga of own troops).

and if there are more things to hunt down let me know!

ok, got it - thanks a lot.
btw is it possible to have a counter strip without the little dots? you see i just use single divisions in AoD so only gets the cons (intel) without the pros (orga of own troops).
You're welcome, as usual!

As for the dots: you simply need to replace the file ...\gfx\map\hoi_counter_size.bmp with vanilla's one (if you don't have a backup from that I can send it to you).

and if there are more things to hunt down let me know!
Thanks - meh, there are always things to hunt down ;) . You can check the 2nd post of the thread which has an updated list of the aircraft I'm still looking for, as well as some various infantries.

By the way, I should be able to add a good deal of new icons in the next version of Corrections (hopefully tomorrow), since recently I've found a lot of nice images to be used for this purpose.

Titan79 said:
You're welcome, as usual!

As for the dots: you simply need to replace the file ...\gfx\map\hoi_counter_size.bmp with vanilla's one (if you don't have a backup from that I can send it to you).
well i like the rest (eg the symbols to sort MTN; CAV, etc) just the size of units. - i look at it tomorrow if its just about replacing a odt i can do this myself.

Titan79 said:
Thanks - meh, there are always things to hunt down . You can check the 2nd post of the thread which has an updated list of the aircraft I'm still looking for, as well as some various infantries.
dang - during my digital journeys i thought so often "this could be used by Titan" but never linked it - sorry for that i'll do in future.

here's a JU 290 http://foto-transporta.ru/main.php?g2_itemId=82065,
(as i was after planes and stuff myself during the last days...)

well i like the rest (eg the symbols to sort MTN; CAV, etc) just the size of units. - i look at it tomorrow if its just about replacing a odt i can do this myself.
No problem, I understand the dots can be regarded a bit as "cheating". And yes, you just have to remove them from the file written above and you're done (the various ARM, MTN, GAR etc. symbols are in another file).

dang - during my digital journeys i thought so often "this could be used by Titan" but never linked it - sorry for that i'll do in future.

here's a JU 290 http://foto-transporta.ru/main.php?g2_itemId=82065,
(as i was after planes and stuff myself during the last days...)
Heh, don't worry, the fact that you've thought about it is already enough. Sure, if you could provide links then it would be all the better ;) .

The Ju 290, for one, is perfect! By the way, I've added still a couple of requests (FIN, HUN and ROM infantry - already found some but I'd like to cover at least the 6 icons from '18 to '45 with a unique soldier each).

Also, I guess you were after planes while looking for pics for your excellent illustrations pack?

Last edited:
Thanks, Hister - although not all images are completely suitable for making icons, there is some good stuff I'll make use of!

As for upgrading CORE counters as well: ok, but please send me the counter strip as I don't have it any longer.

For future eventual upgrades to them, however, couldn't you just use AoD's ones? This would make it not necessary for me to do every time a double work, both on vanilla and CORE ones. I'd just need to change the "Militia" counter to "Reserve" and you should be fine!

About a link with CORE stuff: well, the TP isn't meant to be used along with CORE (although many of its features would work without problems) and, more importantly, I guess you're the only CORE player actually using some of my modifications... so there's probably no need to create such a "CORE repository" ;) (which, by the way, would contain just a handful of things: the counters... and what else? I don't even remember which things I've expressely done for CORE :blink: ).

Edit:

New version of Corrections uploaded. Added many new icons (about 40), with particular attention for British and Soviet infantry; but other countires have been taken care of as well.

A small excerpt:

Last edited:
Just checked your want list for images - haven't got anything in colour I'm afraid, but I know I have line-drawings of the Heinkel He 274 and the henschel Hs 132. I'll scan them and see if I can get them to you this evening.

No apology needed, Titan - just wanted you to know that your CORE fanbase had increased by 100%.
He he, that's funny! ;) I knew I was not alone though... but you are right, if it's not that many of us we can get through.

For future eventual upgrades to them, however, couldn't you just use AoD's ones? This would make it not necessary for me to do every time a double work, both on vanilla and CORE ones. I'd just need to change the "Militia" counter to "Reserve" and you should be fine!
Erm ,I think it's not just the reserves icon but check yourself please and see if this is indeed the way for the future. File attached.

Attachments

• hoi_counter_strip.rar
    2,5 KB · Views: 28
No apology needed, Titan - just wanted you to know that your CORE fanbase had increased by 100%.
:D

After a joke like this I don't even need to ask you if you're English, Epa ;) .

Just checked your want list for images - haven't got anything in colour I'm afraid, but I know I have line-drawings of the Heinkel He 274 and the henschel Hs 132. I'll scan them and see if I can get them to you this evening.
Thank you a bunch, Epa, but if by "line-drawings" you mean in plain b/w and with no details, then don't bother. At this stage I'm looking for coloured, rather highly-detailed drawings only, so I would only make you waste your time. Thanks a lot for the offer, though!

Erm ,I think it's not just the reserves icon but check yourself please and see if this is indeed the way for the future. File attached.
You were right, it was not only the reserves but also the "S" counter ("support"?) ;) . And yes, this IS indeed the way to go - finally we can put an end to this charade :p .

You will at last get rid of the "left border bug" from the other counters, and you'll also enjoy much more easily distinguishable air counters:

...and here is the file.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Tit!

While your plane icons are an improvement I do not see your ship icons as such - CORE ones are better aka they are more diffirentiated between each other whilst your look alike but hey, it's OK. :) I'll use this, much better to know what you have in a stack at a glance!