• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Madness…" the Cardinal continued, "THIS! IS! SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!"

fixed it for you ;)

Good work on the summaries though, the Japan episode is rather long ago.

We need Davout's summaries...

Grubnessul said:
"Madness…" the Cardinal continued, "THIS! IS! SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!"

fixed it for you ;)

Good work on the summaries though, the Japan episode is rather long ago.

Haha thanks XD Yeah it's been a while !

ColossusCrusher: I know ! Where is he ? Good grief XD I wonder if he's taking a vacation too although it's already going to be time to go back to work and school soon XD .

Speaking of which i'm going to be starting class this wednesday ! Wish me luck XD

Canonized starting class = him getting more info on Dante = more complicated story = getting us more confused

I think I have just become a supporter for an increase on school tax :eek:o

I'm kidding :D

canonized said:
Speaking of which i'm going to be starting class this wednesday ! Wish me luck XD

Good luck XD

Just as an aside, hoping to be on MSN a bit more, so hopefully I'll catch you on there!

So it has come to this, I have become a Boswell. Anyway, lots to catch up with....

Chapter 9 Japan's Timepiece (which makes no appearance whatsoever during the entire lengthy episode)

Old Time: Cardinal De Witt is suppressing the nobles but wants to stop the Duke of Medina-Sidonia taking the timepiece to Japan as it may cause an apocalypse (pfft, they stopped them every week on Buffy). In Japan, a lithe Isabella tells Antonio to go faster as she grabs his groping arm and gives a generous tug (no, seriously, that is what canonized wrote). Anyway, they escape from the prison and flee to the hidden village but are followed by the shinobi, Ikari. Later, Isabella paints Antonio in his armour, Antonio waxes lyrical on the differing concepts of beauty, he moves in for the Big Moment, when Grubby interrupts. Back in Seville, Cardinal De Witt is ambushed by the Duke's men. The Cardinal confronts the Duke but when the Duke refuses to surrender, the Cardinal [censored by PETA].
Now Time: Fr Xavier arrives in Madrid.
Game Concepts: Cardinal De Witt's weopon, the harpoon, and his nom de guerre, the Panzerkardinal. Momentus interruptus to preserve URST between Isabella and Antonio. Lots & lots of similes.
Postmodern in game jokes: The Panzerkardinal which was Benedict XVI's nickname back in the day.
Ships: All they needed was some Barry White for Antonio & Isabella to "get it on".
Personal note: Ahem. Exactly what is meant by the Cardinal having surprisingly great stamina despite being in his early 40's. Some of us are quite physically active in our "dotage", thank you very much. And get off the lawn, you kids.

The panzerkardinal is also wearing an armour remarkably like the one of the general unit in Fire Emblem

I'm guessing Fire Emblem is anime because I have no idea what you are talking about. Anyway...

Chapter 10 Panzerkardinal

Old Time: Cardinal De Witt is at home with his nephew, Dr Jakob De Witt. Dr De Witt treats the Cardinals wounds as the Cardinal discusses an offer to train Dr De Witt as his successor. Dr De Witt accepts before they descend into a rather silly dialogue. In Japan, Antonio teaches Isabella dressage but they are interupted again with news the hidden village is no longer hidden.
Now Time: Tom and family are in protective custody. Agents question Tom over his writings. He explains how history would have changed if Spain won the mountain battle in Japan instead of losing, when the earth moves, rugs are beaten and the lights go out.
Game Concepts: Jakob De Witt becomes a major character. I always imagine him looking like Simon Tan from Firefly.
Postmodern in game jokes: Extended Rocky Horror Picture Show performance.
Ships: More Antonio/Isabella moments interupted

Fire Emblem is a great tbs series, in the west only released for the gba and nds, but in Japan much older...

Chapter 11 Infiltration & Capture

Old Time: Ikari reports on the time and place of the landing of the Spanish reinforcements to Nobunaga and the other daimyos. Akechi suggests that he can capture the new troops without any bloodshed. Days later, we learn Akechi "forced" Antonio to make the new troops surrender so they could be strategically placed for Akechi to use in a coup against Nobunaga. Nobunaga and Mori Ranmaru are in a temple when the Duke of Medina-Sidonia arrives, offering the timepiece. Just then, they learn that they are surrounded by Akechi's men who set fire to the temple. Antonio and his posse arrive. We learn Mori is in fact the Japanese eminence with the nom de guerre of Ginji. Nobunaga and Antonio do Kill Bill as Isabella takes the Duke away. Just as Ikari is about to backstab Antonio, Jakob de Witt shots Ikari. Ginji promises to fight on. Jakob confirms he has already recaptured the timepiece.
Now Time: Gunfire. Huddling. Here to help. Men with lions on their clothes.
Game Concepts: Nothing new. Ginji pops up later on but he is never really a major player.
Postmodern in games jokes: Terminator line when Tom is rescued (again). I am guessing Ginji also has some anime reference because we're all about the anime at Timelines. Also, google "suisu chizu" for a self-referential laugh.
Ships: Nil.

comagoosie said:
Canonized starting class = him getting more info on Dante = more complicated story = getting us more confused

I think I have just become a supporter for an increase on school tax :eek:o

I'm kidding :D

ROFL i'm writing my thesis on Dante .

But I'm also taking a Milton class (a more in depth one than before) this semester .

As well as ... surprise surprise , Russian literature ! I also have modern short fiction on the table as well as one more .. which i forgot haha .

English Patriot: Finally ! XD We've missed you ! And Thanks XD

Davout: ROFL gosh , well this is the 16th century we're talking about after all , someone in their 40s would be way past their prime XD . As for you , my friend , now I have images of Uncle Davout coming to visit XD .

Grubnessul: Correct ! In fact , here's the little snippet that helped to inspire the scene with Duke Hernandez: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5buuKgNBMs

Davout:

simon01.jpg

For your good eye , Simon will now be the canonical image for Jakob . Congratulations ! XD

Grubnessul: correct ! Was loads of fun . I can't believe they have so few games for it out in the west .

Davout: Yep , Ginji is another anime reference which will occur in conjunction with the later idea of the Infinite Castle in the Chinese chapters of Season I: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginji_Amano

Murmurandus: I totally agree XD I love these ! They're a quarter the reason I write the summaries XD

A very good model for Jakob!

Russian fiction = :cool:

So we're going back to Russia? :p

EDIT: Oh for the RA3 release you could do a short commie story about the Great War covering commies wearing hotpants and armoured bears :p

Last edited:
English Patriot said:
A very good model for Jakob!

Yes XD we an thank our dear Davout for suggesting it ! See how well reader participation works out in the inter-season showcase ? :D

Milites: I'm counting on it considering it'll be a good chunk of my class time :D

Grubnessul: Haha , RA3 ... man I still remember playing the old RA on LAN against my best friend at the time . Nuking his barracks all the time was so hilarious !

Stefke: We're working on a pdf right now , actually with TreizeV , our colleague at Tempus , but considering all of our school schedules it may be difficult . I've decided to not release the original hard copy of Timelines since it's more of a bare bones typing pad than anything presentable . Plus I kind of feel uneasy lending the baby to strangers out there XD XD

But I'm also glad new people are showing interest :D Please check out the summaries if you'd like but some people have also copy pasted to word documents to print out (Miscreant says he doesn't mind putting it on his office's tab haha) so feel free to do that ! But I do hope all the new people will feel welcome enough to introduce themselves and perhaps share their comments on the parts they've read up to now ! We have a proud tradition of getting comments on previous chapters especially since we're going through the summaries !

I also wanted to take this opportunity to brief everyone on an aspect of the future story that's going to be a little bit important as we go along. As you've noticed we've been talking a lot about space satellites among other things. Some of you may have already seen the preview if you were around for when I did the Benedictus X special in the Collage of CAARdinals (you can still find that in our table of contents) where the father of Rodrigo visits an asteroid in orbit around earth to help track the movement of the Timepiece on a global scale. Although that story is not considered canon, it does have hints as to what's coming up ahead.

Especially also since I have authorised English Patriot to use some of the planned future-setting in his bonuses, I thought it would also be good to brief you all on one of the concepts which will be explored in the future installments (far future really but it might make appearances here and there as we go along and will lead up to the fantastic climax in the HOI2 section).

Today I'd like to introduce the audience to the Lagrangian Points.

Lagrange_points_Earth_vs_Moon.jpg

Lagrange Points or Lagrangian points are those areas of space that are gravitationally stable (meaning the effects of gravity balance each other out) in a three body problem where the first body is large, the second small, and the third tiny. In this case, we will assume the first body to be the Earth, the second to the Moon, and the third to be a space colony or a small asteroid.

As you can see, there are Five Lagrangian points. Why is this important? It is because it is at these coordinates that the space satellites and colonies or asteroids utilised by the Spain of the immediate and very near future are located at. But why is providing a map important at all? Could we not just say that there are satellites out there somewhere or space colonies? Well that's partly true. But for every good war enthusiast they always require one thing to work with: A map. Remember, gentlemen (and ladies), the title is What If Spain Failed to Control the World? it never implied anything about it succeeding in controlling Space colonies.

Does this seem a bit familiar? It should to those enthusiasts who have already been clued in by the various names of some of the satellites and space colonies already. That's right, expect a conflict that will be a homage to the most groundbreaking animated epic of all time. Consider this a preview for the future!

Has someone recently been watching too much Gundam (preferably Wing)? :p