• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apart from the spamming I very much like this AAR.:)

EDIT: I could swear it just was 4 pages here, did someone just mop up?:)

Taking Constantinople is an excellent step, imho, if you can fend off the Ottomans. I suggest quickly crushing them in Europe and taking all their European possessions. It's worth the BB (again, imho). Better yet, let your allies take the most provinces, and keep the Greek ones for yourself. You probably need to crush Muscovy before they become a threat. The GH will collapse, but Crimea might prove dangerous, once they arrive. The OE will be coming after you since you own Constantinople. Crush them quickly, I'd say.

EDIT: Of course, all of this is based on AGCEEP 1.42 without any further enhancements. The BB cost would be little higher...

This thread has been cleaned at Duke of Wellington's request. Please make your comments here meaningful and on topic with Duke's AAR.

No more spam.

And now I've caught up to see you already taking Constantinople and heading for a fight with the GH? Pretty brave.

Won't it be a touch hard to fight your glorious Horde though? ;)

Like I predicted. Go Theodoros! Wait, go GH! Wait! AAAAH! KBOOM!

coz1 said:
And now I've caught up to see you already taking Constantinople and heading for a fight with the GH? Pretty brave.

Won't it be a touch hard to fight your glorious Horde though? ;)

Same questions here. Looking forward to see the comming battles.

I like your new avatar, Duke of Wellington.

Well in an attempt to bring this a little more on topic (Discussing his avatar in an AAR thread a few posts after being asked to stop spamming? :rolleyes: ), I have to say I'm liking the AAR so far, although I definately note a pattern in your peace treaties. I wish you good luck in the next one against the Horde, lest you be forced to give some of your hard bullied lunch money back. :p

You had 16,000 troops in Constantinople, yet you can now only afford to maintain 10,000 to attack the Golden Horde. Is your plan to take a mountain province and hope the Horde troops just wear themselves out trying to evict you?

Last edited:
Walter Model - In general 12 hours difference.

Nikolai - Thanks. Yip you're right it was four pages.

Grundius - In MyMap the OE is has it's capital in Europe so it will be a bit more difficult. But getting them beaten early is gonig to be key I believe.

coz1 - It shall be a little odd to fight them but it will be kind of fun too. I think it won't be too much of a challenge my troops are fairly good quality.

billy bob - None of that. All GH support belongs in another AAR.

Singleton Mosby - Glad to have you along.

Schlieffen - Getting money in peace treaties is key at the start. Its good being small because I can keep it all without my troop maintenance draining it too much. Also with two provinces and one being a COT tech should move fast.

Chief Ragusa - My troop support limit is 10K but Constantinople has a medium fort forcing me to pay dearly in extra maintenance costs. I can afford it when absolutely necessary.

If you have to maintain more troops, your treasury will soon be depleted and you'll not be able to afford that refinery you appear to be saving towards. If the war goes well, Crimea should fall to the Lithuanians and your capital liberated by Polish troops and you'll gain territory in the Caucasus.

Chief Ragusa - That would have been nice to get some territory but in the Caucasus it is hard to get to and not connected to my capital. Crimea on the otherhand is a lot easier but also wrong religion and culture :(

Basileios I - Thanks. I too am interested to see what they do. They will be quite an adversary.

5-header.png
Chapter Four - Patience
5-header.png

When last left our little nation of Theodoros they had just gotten themselves into some trouble with their large northern neighbours, the Golden Horde. Fortunately Theodoros found itself in the war with the much bigger guys Lithuania and Poland who should take most of the brunt of the war.

But nobody could accuse Theodoros of sitting on it's heels. Because if there's one things Theodorans pride themselves on it's there battle spirit. So off headed Theodoros' crack troops, indeed only troops, to begin the business of war once again.
12-busytimes.png

This'll show them pesky Mongol wannabes

And so the war progressed. Theodoros sieging away and the Golden Horde giving their best impression of a pathetic nation by getting beaten back to the steppes everytime they tried to attack.

Eventually the whole thing was to be for naught. Little Theodoros was sold out by their larger 'friends' Lithuania who made a peace for a measly eleven ducats to be shared between the allies. It was pathetic.
burmat_coins2.gif

The takings from the war. The Lithuania ambassador even sarcastically attached a note saying 'Don't spend it all in one go :)'

Alexis was feeling all very bitter about this and was considering sending an insult to Lithuania when fortunately his attention was distracted by the lousy ex-Romans.
13-rebellinos.png

Darn rebels
14-thatsgod.png

Fortunately they quickly bore of the Bosphous and head for the bustling exciting city of Thrace, where they are slaughtered.

The next few years were quiet for Theodoros has she silently fumed over her miserable allies and the lack of progress. It was a worrying trend for all around there seemed to be expansion. Particularly the dastardly Ottomans who were busy gobbling up all and sundry.

Apparently the big old guys of the Golden Horde were fearful of the wrath of a silent man. They warned Theodoros about aggression as something not looked upon kindly. Despite the apparent hypocracy Alexis was forced to acknowledge it was quite a threat.
15-argh.png

Are they really in a position to be warning against aggression?

The only good news over the next decade came, surprisngly enough, from the Golden Horde too. They were having trouble hanging on to their lands resulting in the loss of Kazan to a new independent Khanate. Any break up in the Golden Horde would have to be a good thing for Theodoros as it meant weakness and opportunity.

Good update. Theodoros is improving, but its allies drag her down. Looser Lituanians.

Another 1? This time you've really picked it. Nice going so far, to take Constantinople although I fear the Turks will start behaving like enemas soon enough. Just curious, as I do not have the map... what's your capital's base tax and what does it produce?