• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will those French Divisions ever move?!

PastryTarget said:
good AAR
question are you even looking at your sliders??
you seem to only have $1 and can't afford to pay the last person in the technology section?

i keep a close eye on my sliders- my money is actually very healthy- its back on the increase :) I also havent had trouble paying for research, i was walking a tightrope with it though as it was going from negative to positive thus not going much above 0.

Will those French Divisions ever move?!

Its destroying my little faith left in the Hoi2 French. Although im SURE they will move at some point.

Thanks for reading !

Red Mist

The recapture of Lubeck is and will continue to be our top priority, we have managed to contain the German divisions there so far but we know they must be defeated and captured. This little raid was really quite daring and it has paid off as we were caught completely unaware, not only has it threatened Denmark and Norways very existence but it has caused us to stop our advances in Germany- a very succesful landing no doubt.

After our recent failed counterattack it was obvious we would need further strength to rid Lubeck of the German forces and we decided to temprarily withdraw General Loyd and the six divisions under his command from Potsdam and send him to Rostock to aid in the attack, to fill in for his absence three divisions from Leipzig would be sent.

The Attack Begins and we are Winning

We were surprised by how this battle was going so well, the Germans though had another trick up their sleeve and managed to send reinforcements to the battle. This tipped the scales in the Germans favour and we were defeated....again. Our Submarines are currently being rebased in Germany hence they were not defending the coast at the time although there was a large engagement in the waters of North Western Germany between the Royal Navy and the Kriegsmarine.

The Germans Reinforce With More Divisions Than we can Handle Thus we are Defeated. The Germans are Putting Many Eggs in one Basket Though....

We did have even more bad news though, as we had feared the Soviets used our weakened forces in Potsdam as a reason to strike and they attacked us in an attempt at pushing us away from Berlin.

The Soviets Attack our Forces in Potsdam

Their numbers were to much for us and despite and lengthy, valiant effort we were dealt our second defeat from the Communist forces. We are confident in our ability to turn this around however we cannot be put on the back foot and for our lines to be breached. Yet again the need for French aid is seen and we are currently deciding whether or not Montogmery, who is now ready to leave for Italy, may be better used temporarily in Germany.

Our Second Defeat to the Communists, we Will Have to Regroup and Reclaim What we Have Lost

Let's hope they won't break through your lines and link themselfs up with the German forces in Lübeck. What are you plans for the troops in Rostock ...

theusje said:
Let's hope they won't break through your lines and link themselfs up with the German forces in Lübeck. What are you plans for the troops in Rostock ...

Im going to try and hold the line and keep the troops in Rostock, i think i might ship Montogmery over in an attempt to defeat that army in Lubeck.

lifeless said:
darn....you need more divs! divs that the french have just doing nothing..

Well they are drinking wine and eating baguets I guess :p

The French will start to reinforce soon, it takes a little time. That was a pretty slick move the AI pulled saving Berlin, but I think it's going to cost them those divisions in Lubeck. How many convoys does Germany start with? Your electro-boats on convoy attack should starve them out pretty quick I would think :)

Things don't look to good for Denmark, also, the forces in Lubbock can easily advance into unoccupied territory. Not good.

therev said:
I cant but feel that all your hard work and territory gained is going to slip through your fingers as the Reds and the Germans push hard

Hope you will keep reading to find out, im quite confident that i can turn this to my advantage.

darn....you need more divs! divs that the french have just doing nothing..

Well they are drinking wine and eating baguets I guess

The French will start to reinforce soon, it takes a little time. That was a pretty slick move the AI pulled saving Berlin, but I think it's going to cost them those divisions in Lubeck. How many convoys does Germany start with? Your electro-boats on convoy attack should starve them out pretty quick I would think

Im hoping the French take action soon, i still think they will and i still havent gave up hope of Germany declaring war on the Netherlands and Belgium.

Things don't look to good for Denmark, also, the forces in Lubbock can easily advance into unoccupied territory. Not good.

Sometimes to win you will have to cede territory, if the Germans were to come out of their pocket they could be surrounded.

just read this, its great

The Nightmare Continues​

This is becoming a real headache, the Germans daring raid has worked wonders for them and we find ourselves with a massive German force sitting behind our lines. If we remove divisions from the front we risk losing what we have fought so hard to gain....but we must. If this German outbreak is not stopped we will find ourselves quickly ejected from Germany with irreplaceable casualties. Our situation is desperate and we must do all we can do crush the German pocket before it consumes us, all is not lost....we can succeed but it will take brilliance from us to hold them off and eventualy crush them. Then ofcourse we will have to retake what we have lost.

In light of this development we cannot help but notice our French "Allies" who have a ludicrous ammount of divisions doing nothing, surely they see we could be on the brink of a glorious victory and that if we are defeated they will surely be next!?

Twenty Plus French Divisions "Defending" the Belgian Border

The Situation continues to worsen, Copenhagen has fallen to the Communist horde and Denmark continues to barely hold on against the Germans. Norway has been trying in vain with her fleet [combined with our Submarine fleet in the area] to stop the German transports reaching their destination- there have been numerous engagements.

Copenhagen Falls - Is Denmark Finished?

Savage Retaliation​

Dont kid yourselves, we knew this day would come. It just came later than expected. We have had a glorious run of victories in Germany and in the scale of things they have been easier than we expected. We knew to expect some kind of crushing blow from an enemy that has vast numbers compared to our own, the way it has come was just unexpected. We refuse to be thrown out of Germany, too many British soldiers have died to take what we have, too many of our Allies have died in the same way. If we are driven out of Germany we know brave Yugoslavia will fall aswell.
We wont let these Communist Bastards send Earth into an even darker chapter than the one currently being written, we must fight valiantly against them and remain in Germany to finish what we started.

Yet Another Defeat as the Germans Break out From Their Landing Zone

As bizarre as it may sound this German invasion is almost mimicking our own invasion of Germany, we cannot let them have the success we have had. We must strike back and to do that we have removed divisions from the front to defeat this force as quickly as possible. We will probably lose ground but that can be recaptured, the Germans cannot be allowed to encircle us, our supplies have been shifted from Kiel to Paris so we have a steady strem that cannot be interrupted by the Germans.

The Germans are Launching Their Attacks Very Quickly and Their Panzers are Becoming a Real Headache

In response to the German capture of Kiel we have shipped Montgomery over to hold the line and protect the retreating divisions from the German panzers. Montogmery will fight in Germany until we have repelled the Germans then and only then will he resume his journey to Italy. Also we have successfuly formed our first tank division- once we have three we will create an army out of them and use them, they could be invaluable.

General O'Connor Deserts Leipzig to aid our Troops in the North and Already his Presence is Felt

Furious Fighting in Germany as Britain Attempts to Reclaim What she had Taken

It looks like the forces will link up soon.

GeneralHannibal said:
It looks like the forces will link up soon.

I need to make sure they dont, also them getting the coast is a no-no.

With your submarine fleet hadn't it been good to hunt some convoys to cut supplies? Now it's too late though, at leats for a while.

Snake IV said:
With your submarine fleet hadn't it been good to hunt some convoys to cut supplies? Now it's too late though, at leats for a while.

They have copenhagen which has cut me off now.

hope divs at rostock dont get encircled..

Indeed

Thanks for reading everyone :)