• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:D

a SLAM-BANG! ending to a superb aar. I was going to go back and find all of the things in the last post that really made me laugh, but... there were too many :D

I look forward to your next aar...

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
And in response to the many comments....
- Artual: Do you have any ploof? Any ploof at arr?

896861666.jpg

Badboy

Well, Altuar. That hardly provides proof as to my insanity - it just proves I can copy-paste 10 screenshots together :)

I just examined my final save game and found my badboy to be 1036. I wonder how that happened? :D
And all that was listed in the diplomacy section was
diplomacy = {
relation = { tag = MOG value = 200.000 }
relation = { tag = MER value = -200.000 }
relation = { tag = PIR value = -200.000 }
relation = { tag = NAT value = -200.000 }
relation = { tag = REB value = -200.000 }
}

Now Mughals, Pirates, Natives, and Rebels, I understand. But who are the MER? Mercenaries? Do they have a separate tag? Weird.

EDIT: Yes, MER is mercenaries, and it is used to stockpile the mercenary units that European nations can hire. In other words, it is the mercenary pool.

Last edited:
Congrats to the first documented world conquest with 1.03/1.04 !!! With "very hard"!!!! With the Timurids!!!!!

(Needless to mention that I enjoyed your AAR very much :D )

Just a last question: I asked you before whether it's possible for you to convert the whole world to sunni (was impossible by that point of game-time) but..... how many conversions did you make?

Wow - the first documented world conquest I've seen. And you kept up your GREAT writing style 'til the end! For me that's worth five stars - I don't know who thinks different. Perhaps someone protecting his own AAR...?! ;) (sending in merchants to chase the others out...?)

Watch out Terry Pratchett! "The Timurid Scientists" by Peter Ebbesen - soon in the bookstores? :p ;)

I already voted...

I really think it ought to round up if the average is, say, 4.6. Six 5-star ratings and one 4-star really ought to produce a 5-star overall (or at least 4.5-stars, except they don't do fractions).

I just took a look at the ratings across the board, and you're right, they all seemed to have dropped a star. Someone must have decided to be mischevious.

EDIT to my last post: whoops, I misread it, you said six 5-stars plus one 1-star, not one 4-star. Forget that :eek:

**seeing the five stars**

Ahhhh, that's better! :)

And it's also the answer to your question, Sharur, there are fractions and they are rounded mathematicly correct (*.5 or better does the next bigger integer) :)
Just hover on the given stars to see it!

Way to go Peter!

Well, I have to congratulate you on a superb AAR. It is so incredibly difficult to sustain the quality level and intensity over such a long period of time and over such a great length. I have to tip my hat to you, you've done it in spades. A purple world is a happy world.:)

Can't wait to see what you try your hand at next.

Postgame-post

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I have asked Chief Scientist to join me in answering a few of the questions...

And the first question is from Nebukadnezar, who wants to know how much of the world was sunnified by 1807.

Aha! A simple, emotionally charged, and utterly transparent request for information. But I'm in a good mood today, so I will answer... Let me see. We had completed the sunnification of the Middle East, India, Indochina, China and Machuria (except for 5 provinces), Indonesia, Siberia (except for one province), Russia and all other Orthodox territories bar 5 provinces (I don't quite remember which, but some of the very cold ones), North Africa (principally the old Mameluke territories), Ethipia, Zimbabwe, a few of the Mediterranean Isles, some ten provinces in the new world, and of course, the Mongol Steppes - but they were sunni to begin with. (Actually it would be easier to state the effects on pre-sunnification religions. All Shia converted. All Orthodox bar 5 provinces converted. All Buddhism converted. All Hindi converted. All Konfucianism bar 5 provinces converted. Approximately six Catholic provinces converted. About 15 Pagan provinces converted) I must say, that these results were quite unimpressive considering the time involved. Three centuries of funding the Order of the Lamp Martial should have yielded better results. But well, those are the breaks.

Now, the second question is from G'Kar, well not a question really, it is a matter concerning Terry Pratchett.

Stop it right there. This line of questioning will not be tolerated. Desist upon pain of pain!

As you say, Chief. Now for the third question, Sharur, apart from discussing Astronomy, has never seen the "hover" thing before.

Hardly strange considering I only invented the pseudo-tri-fluxion delta hover tank last week. But I am interested as to his sources. As of now he is a wanted man. The exquisitors have been alerted.

Surely you wouldn't harm Sharur!

Only if necessary in the course of inquiries. But come on, man. Don't you have any interesting questions for me at all? These trivialities weary me!

Well, there is the fourth question, from hardshard, but it is for me. He asks how long time it took me to play the game and write the AAR.

What folly! To imagine you would be capable of answering any question with any degree of accuracy is the stupidist thing in this post yet.

Wait a moment. This is my post, not yours, and I am tired of getting insulted by some old nutter, who happens to be a figment of my imagination!

To whom might you be referring?

YOU, that's who. I will have knw tht 'm trd f gttng nsltd b ! Wht s gng n? HLP!

Out of wovels, are you? These things happen. Now beg my forgiveness, and I will forgive your insulting tone. I'm a healer, really. Heart of gold, that's me.

NVR HPPN, CHF SCNTST! N! N! N! STP! DN'T D T!

Figment of your imagination indeed. Hah! Funny thing about consonants. Most people don't miss them until they are gone. As to the question. Mr. Peter Ebbesen spent entirely too long time playing the game, due to his pausing every month in case of rebellions (which was usually the case). Rather chicken-livered, really. It would have been rather more impressive, had he done it without pausing at 1 min:2 years time compression, but no, he didn't dare. As to writing the AAR? Well, considering that he copied most of the material from the blockbusters "Timid Timurids" and "The Purple Menace", as well as ripped (without my permission, mind you) a couple of chapters of my diaries, it is amazing that he spent three or four hours "writing" each installment. That doesn't cover the hours spent taking notes, of course. I recently had Mr Ebbesen's apartment investigated, at we found only thirty sheets of A4 paper (checkered) of notes. Not a lot considering they covered four centuries of history. Hmmpf.

And lastly, I divine an implicit question by Mr T, the amateur Pirate Captain, namely, what will Mr Ebbesen play next? Heroes of Might and Magic IV or Might and Magic IX, of course. As to Mughal Universalis II? Something with fewer revolts would be my guess. But he'll find it hard to write with neither vowels nor consonants, but well, those are the breaks. One thing is for sure. He still won't use a spelling-checker. He doesn't hold with such fancy stuff. He prefers tweaking the bits one by one in 7-bit ascii, just like the old days. Craftsmanship, really. None of that crass commercial mass produced shoddy excuse for writing so often seen these days. What a dummy.

Congratulations on a very good, and witty AAR. An easy pick for AAR of the Week.

I don't know about everyone else, but frankly, I'm exhausted. I didn't even play and this whole conquering-the-world thing completely wore me out.

I've spent many long hours reading, digesting (I'd usually eaten just before I'd visit here) and, for obvious reasons, trying to figure out what exactly pushes human beings over the edge from content computer-game-playing people to frothing, spitting, screaming megalomaniacs. And I'm happy to announce that I have the answer:

Fashion.

Yes, I know you think I mean that poncey haute couture catwalk shows--with some poor underfed girl wearing 800 lbs. of feathers, rabbit fur and barbed wire as an expression of "art" amidst and otherwise endless and unremarkable line of floppy sun-dresses and pant-suits--prod people into psychotic fits, but that's not it. It's a simple truth, really.

Nothing goes with purple.

Not blue, not orange, not brown, nothing.

Nothing except, of course, more purple.

So you see, this AAR could only go one way. The sad, cold irony is that once you control the world, there's no one left to object if your colors clash. Can't be too careful, though.

It was inevitable, really.

EF1

EEP!

Sweet Navarra! I see purple everywhere! You annexed the entire planet???

I nominate the Timurid Scientists for office! I don't know which office, but if they can make efficiency like this, then...

Ah the heck with it! You guys rock!

Long live the purple!