• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bestmajor

Field Marshal
40 Badges
Jun 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
THE SOVIET UNION IMPROVED

- almost 900 new leaders for the Soviet Union
- hundreds of faked leaders replaced with real generals from WW2
- complete overhaul of purged leaders (i.e. Zhukov will always be there, no random killings)
- new Tech Teams, eg GOSPLAN
- new historical Ministers
- new events (and not all of them are negative)
- more purged Leaders and Ministers but still the Soviet Union will end up with more Leaders in the 40s

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6df12ac4lyzx/n/SOV_IMP2.rar

Install:
- drop everything in
- AoD/events.txt: add this line

event = "db\events\USA.txt"
event = "db\events\USSR.txt"
event = "db\events\USSR_L&Ms.txt"

# Political Events

event = "db\events\sc events.txt"

Note: this is a quick conversion of my "coloured pics" mod, so if you want to play this in colour all you have to do is copying the coloured images over the B&W ones. no new CSV needed!

List of new or overhauled events

#
# purge 37
# The downfall of Mikhail Viktorov
# purge 38
# purge 39
# purge 41
# Vlassov
# The downfall of Sergei Khudiakov
# Gromovs non-stop flight distance record 1937
# The Warnings of Richard Sorge
# Stalins speech
# Stalins Order No. 227
# The Finnish Peoples Army
# The Liberation of Churches
# The Effects of Stalins activities
#

EDIT:
NOTE!

This project is continued in "colour pictures"
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...r-pictures&p=10701658&viewfull=1#post10701658

Last edited:
And of course the Soviet Master-Spy Richard Sorge has his own event now!

[video=youtube;WuUeChba78E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuUeChba78E[/video]​

SOME QUOTES FROM WIKI:

"A devastating example of a brilliant success of espionage." - Douglas MacArthur, General of the Army
"Sorge was the man whom I regard as the most formidable spy in history." - Ian Fleming
"Richard Sorge was the best spy of all time." - Tom Clancy
"The spy who changed the world." - Lance Morrow
"Stalin's James Bond." - Le Figaro

Last edited:
just figured out yesterday that it takes me 15 minutes to convert hundreds of pics from colour/no frame to B&W with palette and frame (so no effort at all, everything works automatically). the CSVs are the same as in the colour package, so this was very simple. so just in case there's interest in another nation from my colour pack let me know. but SOV with ppr 900 pics is the most complete nation except GER with 1800 (only 200 more generals, compared to vanilla, though).

Atruejedi said:
Very cool. I would love to include your leader/minister files and perhaps some of these events into SMEP with your permission and credit given, of course

you're welcome, of course (i made them for this, after all) - and just in case you need more, i can convert a lot of stuff from my coloured pics into B&W very quickly (Germany with corrected Anschluss, France with improved Vichy sleepleaders events, and so on).
and thenk you very much for asking, Jedi. this is often forgotten nowadays.

just figured out yesterday that it takes me 15 minutes to convert hundreds of pics from colour/no frame to B&W with palette and frame (so no effort at all, everything works automatically). the CSVs are the same as in the colour package, so this was very simple.
Ah, well, happy to read that then :) . In any case, let's not forget the effort it took you the first time you had to collect all those hundreds (thousands) of pictures!

In any case, let's not forget the effort it took you the first time you had to collect all those hundreds (thousands) of pictures!
I completely agree. Thankyou bestmajor for all the effort you have put into all your awesome modifications for AoD. :D

thanks you two; and yes the research part is the most difficult thing, not the pic making. i deleted and replaced a couple of hundred faked leaders in SOV.
so in this package every general in army and air force is real. the hand full of faked admirals is something i fix later this year.

UK is a nice example of faked leaders as well, btw. tons of dead people and such things, lol.

no you have to disable "Download with FileFactory's download manager"
then you should get a .rar, but no .exe file

yes i was wondering myself. i would have stayed with gamefront - just these people decided that it would be cool to get broke :D - so i had to switch to filefactory.

maybe. maybe look up if smep does something with the event files i changed. if you dont get error messages when loading the game i would risk it. just save your original files.

Hi all,

it's rather obvious that i stopped modding since last year. Now since there are thousands of hours in my leaders projects i want to share all the stuff i produced for my favorite game series. Fell free to use everything in your mods if you like.

Everybody who wants can use, rename, retag or do whatever he/she/it wants with my mods - as long as it stays anti-racist, anti-revisionist, anti-fascist and non-commercial and integrate my stuff in their mods. I used to be very restrictive and sometimes silly in the past, sorry for that.
A mention / aknowledgement is expected and would be nice.

Be aware that integrating my images in a vanilla database is impossible since i created my own database. This especially true for the Soviet Union.

The .csvs contain thousands of footnotes about changes, name corrections, etc.
In case you need a certain source image post here and i'll upload this one. I still have a couple of gigabites on my HD (source images, coloured images, etc - sorted by country).

Please post all questions in my threads and do not send PMs.

best regards,
bm

Hello!
Your work on the Soviet Union is remarkable and beautiful, it inspires me a lot.
I love history and I'm certainly not a fascist, I hate revisionists, even though as a AoD player I often keep German.
My uncle, my personal beta tester, always plays with the Soviet Union. :D
I thought that maybe I could integrate your work into Iron Fist, what I obviously can.
Would you like the thing?

Last edited:
Hi, sure everybody may use it,change it, whatevever I'm long retired.
I don't seem to have the B&W version, though.
Maybe others still have it, i only have the coloured version, whichshould be bigger and also contains the code and the ills.

Your beta tester will loose a lot of generals through a series of events, which are very well researched and start with very few air generals. In the end, the SU staff is quite good, though. with a lot of more admirals as well.
Good luck with your projects. I'm very happy that this old girl is still alive and will gladly support modders.

Maybe it is good to take other countries as well. The colour package added tons of new leaders and minister for almost all countries and reduced leader shortages in a lot of states.
I updated a lot f events in the colour package, like the french vichy event, the purges event for SOV, the Anschluss event for GER and such things.
It's the biggest collection of coloured minister/leader pics for Hoi1/2/AoD/DH available, as far as i know.