• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm curious now - while I know Remble won't take it, DOES BP activate for Japan alone in vanilla?
There is no BP for Japan, only for Germany (with or without Japan).

A little late, but I love those Stalin/Allies meetings. Great comedy! :)

Mmm... 3 secret operations for spring / summer '48, I would bet for:
- amphibious assault against Diego Garcia, Attu Island;
- encirclement and destruction, via amphibious assault of SOV army in Siberia
- :confused: :confused: :confused: may be just an Air - Sea operation to maul US Navy...

Yup, still reading this. Great bunch of updates lately.:cool:

I think this was one of your biggest monthly updates ever. Nice.
But i wonder why you don't trade your metal for extra supplies so you can use all of your supply IC for upgrades for a month or longer to be better prepared for the summer offensive.
For better trades you could influence your most important trade partners.

Every time i finish to read a monthly meeting of your AAR, I just wish to have the time to begin my own Gotterdämmerung campaign with Japan.
I somewhat doubt Stalin had a so tasty humour. Good luck for your objectives!

Last edited:
An informative update indeed!

Some new operations planned. I can't wait to see them start! I'm homoured that you choose a name from one of my posts.:cool:

Hopefully after your current research completes you can start some more naval techs.

Maybe some new models of CVL's and BB's. Or maybe some of your cruiser designs could be updated.

I don't remember the province names, but just behind the Soviet frontline facing Machuria there's a coastal province. If Remble takes that, he'll be able to attack the Soviet province in the south-west of that area from four different provinces and then he'll have most of the Soviet army in the Far East encircled.

I would say that's one of his planned operations. Those Machurian border guards are going to be needed for garrison duties in Siberia since he doesn't have the manpower for large quanities of garrison divisions.

Also, keep up the good work.:)

Historical trivia

Ah, thanks for the info. Nice update. Now, for why I asked.

Several of the officers I asked about are non-Japanese who collaborated with the Japanese to secure independence from the Western powers.

Aung San was the father of Aung San Suu Kyi. He at first collaborated with the Japanese in the Burmese Independence Army (BIA). However, as the war went on (in real life) he became skeptical of Japan's promise to grant Burmese independence, let alone their ability to win the war. So in 1945, he defected to the Allied side. Of course, I'm sure he's not skeptical of Japan's ability to win in this timeline. ;)

Ne Win also fought in the BIA alongside Aung San, and defected along with him. He later became President of Burma.

Sukarno was the first President of Indonesia. He collaborated with the Japanese to secure Indonesia's independence from Western colonizers, in this case the Dutch.

Subhas Chandra Bose was a leader in the Indian independence movement. He personally knew Mohandas Gandhi, but did not believe that nonviolence could secure independence. He sought help from the Japanese in forming an army of Indians to fight the British.

Takeo Kurita commanded the main, central Japanese force in the Battle of Leyte Gulf.

Chuichi Nagumo was the commander-in-chief of Japan's main carrier battle group. At first, he enjoyed immense success, leading the attacks on Pearl Harbor, Darwin, and Colombo. His streak came to a crashing halt when he managed to get 4 Japanese carriers sunk by less than 50 American planes at the Battle of Midway.

I actually thought Nagumo was another zombie at first, because he committed suicide during the defense of Saipan. However, this happened on July 6, 1944, while the 1944 scenario starts on June 20. Very close.

Masaharu Homma led the Japanese invasion of the Philppines. Along with General Yamashita, he is probably the most well known Japanese officer here.

Remble said:
"How long until we start seeing Nuclear powered Carriers?" asked Osami.

"If they upgrade any under construction then we will be seeing them all too soon." replied Kuniaki.

"Wonderful."

As much as I will probably regret writing this, but Hirohito and Stalin do have some things in common. Their humour, for instance. Maybe the time will come for them to meet in person? ;)

0000 April 1st 1948.
The Kremlin. Moscow, Soviet Union.

"You didn't give us much choice if I recall correctly." replied Marceli Nowotko the Polish leader.

Something was bugging me and finally I have checked out.

Poland should be represented by Bolesław Bierut (President since Feb 47, leader of Poland and varois leading Commitees before).
Marceli Nowotko lost power struggle within Polish Worker Party (and his life) in November 1942.
(as we know some kind of power struggles must end with demise of losers). Not all is clear right now, but it seems that two of his colleagues tried to take over party. They have been executed later.
I would like to point out that in 1942 Poland was under German occupation. However it is well established fact, that internal struggles (within the Party) and that between pro- and anti-communist underground often took precedence before fighting nazis.

(And as dialectic dictated, nazis did not have chance to triumph anyway, so one has to clear his own yard).

EDIT: Another two tidbits:
Red Army brought with them also new set of Polish leaders (however Bierut, former member of NKVD, appeared in Poland in 1943), as many of those who were send earlier were not seen as really reliable (also because of internal struggles for power and denunciations related to that fight).

Why it was Polish Workers Party (founded in 1942 btw) and not Polish Communist Party? There was Polish Communist Party before 1938 (disbanded by Comintern), however it was not legal in pre-war Poland and many of its members (lucky ones) have been arrested and put into prison (for anti-government activities, spying, sabotage etc).
The unlucky ones were in Soviet Union and in 1937 have been purged by Stalin (not many of those survived). Anyway name Communist Party had bad connotations and was never used after WW2.

Edit2: The real reasons for purges and in fact almost total annihilation of Polish Communist Party were close personal and social connections of its members and members of Russian Social-Democratic Labour Party (predecessor of Communist Part of Soviet Union) as many of them had been members of the last one (before WW1)). Stalin was simply clearing away "old" Bolsheviks, leaving only people loyal o him, his puppets.​

Last edited:
Something was bugging me and finally I have checked out.

Poland should be represented by Bolesław Bierut (President since Feb 47, leader of Poland and varois leading Commitees before).
Marceli Nowotko lost power struggle within Polish Worker Party (and his life) in November 1942.

But, since this is HoI2 and not the real world, Poland is very probably led by this Nowotko. I'd guess Remble checked it from the diplo screen...

But, since this is HoI2 and not the real world, Poland is very probably led by this Nowotko. I'd guess Remble checked it from the diplo screen...

Yeap, but since it is 1944 scenario, it means that Novotko is zombie - I wonder why neither Stalin nor other present noticed it :D

how often do your puppets give you troops? how many troops from your puppets do you have right now?

thanks for the update, even i don`t prefer a monthly update to a regular update, it is nice to learn your new plans for summer. i hope you`ll spare some troops to secure Middle East, then you`ll not be able to see any troops defending Britain :rofl:

its all about momentum and the lack of critical mass for the soviets...once they lose momentum and get stuck in a stalemate situtation where they can't push forward any more the AI starts shifting units around and providing a target rich environment for bombers its pretty much game over at that point...they start losing units like crazy and the thinning out of the lines means its only a matter of time before you can push forward and turn the tides...remble has shown us that a well thought out defensive line early in this scenario backed up by solid counter attacks designed to limit enemy buildups in key provinces will win the day in the long run versus the soviets...of course not losing the sea battles to the americans is ultimately the greatest and most important achievement overall....I'm interested to see how the eventual capture of the russian territory will play out....

Very nice update, Remble. Although I am wondering where your 3.01 reinforcement is going to.

"Quite so, but welcome anyway. I require all of you to send me your armies so that I can halt the minor invasion of the Soviet Union by His Imperial Majesty Hirohito."

apr1480000asia.jpg

apr1480000me.jpg

Minor, he says. :rolleyes:

Is it just me, or is that a partisan-controlled province right next to "a" in "Asia"?

looks like partisans to me, but it seems it's in the northwestern part of Sinkjiang, meaning it's supposedly a soviet controlled province, so it's stalin's business, not his majesty's...yet...